The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3 - Page 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Afat11 View Post
    I don't agree with this. Some of you seem to have not watched TM since 2010. When was the last time Iran had more than 2 goals scored against us, or lost by more than 2 goals under CQ? I think the worst losses were 3-1 to Bosnia and Sweden? Maybe a friendly loss to Oman years ago?

No matter what, when we get the draw, whether our top seed be Germany or Brazil, some on here will start whining, oh god 4-0, 6-0 loss. Like they did when we drew Argentina in 2014. So many weak attitudes.

Our team may not go in as favorites against any top seed, but it is ridiculous to believe we are automatically lost against many of these teams. I would put possible tie with most teams in the world at the moment, especially in a WC situation. Our defense is scary, even if our offense is not capable of slugging it out with the heavyweights.

I will expect TM to frustrate most teams in the world defensively. This is just based on facts and stats. We don't lose heavily to ANY team. When we do lose, we still put up a strong fight. Even before CQ's time and Messi's 90+ miracle, TM against Brazil scored a valid goal, and Nekounam hit the post.

The point: our team is no weakling, and is able to surprise anyone on our day. Even the Chiles, Spains, Germanys of the world. Just watch. We probably won't beat them, but I will not be surprised at all if Iran takes 2 points from the top 2 seeds in Russia with 0-0 draws and a win over the bottom seed seeing us through to the next round.
    While I do agree Iran is no 8-0er we have never been able to reach the next round. And our only win was in 1998 against the weakest usa.
    Now I do think that Iran is able to snatch a win and a draw if the group is doable. But the defence and everything has to be on point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    God, your level of optimism (on the limit to dreams) is admirable! This is the reality though:

Russia (probable loss)
    Portugal (probable loss) (here I'm too optimistic)
    Poland (probable loss)
    Argentina (Loss) (they know us now)
    Belgium (Loss)
    France (Loss)
    Brazil (Loss)
    Germany (Loss)
    With that mentality, TM wouldnt beat tajikistan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8260 met Tapatalk
    TO RUSSIA, WITH LOVE

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bessos For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 1,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahin K View Post
    While I do agree Iran is no 8-0er we have never been able to reach the next round. And our only win was in 1998 against the weakest usa.
    Now I do think that Iran is able to snatch a win and a draw if the group is doable. But the defence and everything has to be on point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
    No guarantees in football, but Iran can do anything if things go our way. Obviously if we are unlucky we won't move on, but it is 100% a possibility.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 796 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Afat11 View Post
    I don't agree with this. Some of you seem to have not watched TM since 2010. When was the last time Iran had more than 2 goals scored against us, or lost by more than 2 goals under CQ? I think the worst losses were 3-1 to Bosnia and Sweden? Maybe a friendly loss to Oman years ago?

No matter what, when we get the draw, whether our top seed be Germany or Brazil, some on here will start whining, oh god 4-0, 6-0 loss. Like they did when we drew Argentina in 2014. So many weak attitudes.

Our team may not go in as favorites against any top seed, but it is ridiculous to believe we are automatically lost against many of these teams. I would put possible tie with most teams in the world at the moment, especially in a WC situation. Our defense is scary, even if our offense is not capable of slugging it out with the heavyweights.

I will expect TM to frustrate most teams in the world defensively. This is just based on facts and stats. We don't lose heavily to ANY team. When we do lose, we still put up a strong fight. Even before CQ's time and Messi's 90+ miracle, TM against Brazil scored a valid goal, and Nekounam hit the post.

The point: our team is no weakling, and is able to surprise anyone on our day. Even the Chiles, Spains, Germanys of the world. Just watch. We probably won't beat them, but I will not be surprised at all if Iran takes 2 points from the top 2 seeds in Russia with 0-0 draws and a win over the bottom seed seeing us through to the next round.
    Heavy loss? Who talked about heavy losses?!

But Iran was at first leading with 1-0 against Russia. With your above arguments we should have won the game then. Don't get blinded by the 0 received goals against Asian teams for almost the whole WCQ games. Yes, our defense has improved big time. But the defense you call "scary", turned out to be quite breakable as soon as the Russians made their subs and started to role the ball for real! Believe me, if Sweden and Bosnia can win against us with 3-1, all those mentioned European teams can do that too. It's good to be optimistic and have belief but to emotionally get over the top by dreaming will only result in disappointment for you (your own words in Azmoun's transfer discussion).

Let's be real and see what TM is really capable of. We would probably get a 0-0 result or maybe even a win against the top African teams. If we play well, we might be able to pull off a 0-0 result against better European teams. But we are still an Asian team. To think we can get a 0-0 result against best teams in the world, is a bit too optimistic. and no...by that I don't mean we wont give them a game they will never forget. We will probably (hopefully) come out of the WC with our heads held high but will we advance from our group? It all depends on which group we end up in (and our preparations of course). Even with the best preparation possible, it's not sure at all that we can advance to the second round. So let's chill and cross our fingers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Members who have read this thread : 279

You do not have permission to view the list of names.