The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
    How are Poland the best team for us to draw from Pot 1. They aren't even the weakest team. They are resolute and hard to beat. They have talented players all around and arguably the best striker in the world up front.
    Sorry, I totally forgot about Russia. Having said that, with the exception of the last Euro, for the past 30 years Poland has either not made it to, or choked in major tournaments - for that reason, I think they will be easier to beat/tie than the host team, that with the exception of S. Africa has always made it to the 2nd round in the modern era.

Even in Euro 2016, they only managed to score 4 goals in 5 matches despite reaching the quarterfinals. But most importantly minnows Kazakhstan (who's geographically close to us and Russia) drew them 2-2 at home in these qualifiers. They also lost to Denmark 4-0 away from home, so they're definitely not the most consistent team although I fully agree with you about the offensive prowess in Lewandowski.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
      Russia (best chance of a win)
      Portugal (could draw)
      Poland (draw/loss)
      Argentina (revenge)
      Belgium (probably loss)
      France (probable loss)
      Brazil (loss)
      Germany (loss)
      God, your level of optimism (on the limit to dreams) is admirable! This is the reality though:

Russia (probable loss)
      Portugal (probable loss) (here I'm too optimistic)
      Poland (probable loss)
      Argentina (Loss) (they know us now)
      Belgium (Loss)
      France (Loss)
      Brazil (Loss)
      Germany (Loss)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        are you in charge of the PFDC twitter account?
        Yes I am

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          God, your level of optimism (on the limit to dreams) is admirable! This is the reality though:
          Russia (probable loss)
          Poland (probable loss)
          Belgium (Loss)
          France (Loss)
          Brazil (Loss)
          Germany (Loss)
          I don't agree with this. Some of you seem to have not watched TM since 2010. When was the last time Iran had more than 2 goals scored against us, or lost by more than 2 goals under CQ? I think the worst losses were 3-1 to Bosnia and Sweden? Maybe a friendly loss to Oman years ago?

No matter what, when we get the draw, whether our top seed be Germany or Brazil, some on here will start whining, oh god 4-0, 6-0 loss. Like they did when we drew Argentina in 2014. So many weak attitudes.

Our team may not go in as favorites against any top seed, but it is ridiculous to believe we are automatically lost against many of these teams. I would put possible tie with most teams in the world at the moment, especially in a WC situation. Our defense is scary, even if our offense is not capable of slugging it out with the heavyweights.

I will expect TM to frustrate most teams in the world defensively. This is just based on facts and stats. We don't lose heavily to ANY team. When we do lose, we still put up a strong fight. Even before CQ's time and Messi's 90+ miracle, TM against Brazil scored a valid goal, and Nekounam hit the post.

The point: our team is no weakling, and is able to surprise anyone on our day. Even the Chiles, Spains, Germanys of the world. Just watch. We probably won't beat them, but I will not be surprised at all if Iran takes 2 points from the top 2 seeds in Russia with 0-0 draws and a win over the bottom seed seeing us through to the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            I don't agree with this. Some of you seem to have not watched TM since 2010. When was the last time Iran had more than 2 goals scored against us, or lost by more than 2 goals under CQ? I think the worst losses were 3-1 to Bosnia and Sweden? Maybe a friendly loss to Oman years ago?

No matter what, when we get the draw, whether our top seed be Germany or Brazil, some on here will start whining, oh god 4-0, 6-0 loss. Like they did when we drew Argentina in 2014. So many weak attitudes.

Our team may not go in as favorites against any top seed, but it is ridiculous to believe we are automatically lost against many of these teams. I would put possible tie with most teams in the world at the moment, especially in a WC situation. Our defense is scary, even if our offense is not capable of slugging it out with the heavyweights.

I will expect TM to frustrate most teams in the world defensively. This is just based on facts and stats. We don't lose heavily to ANY team. When we do lose, we still put up a strong fight. Even before CQ's time and Messi's 90+ miracle, TM against Brazil scored a valid goal, and Nekounam hit the post.

The point: our team is no weakling, and is able to surprise anyone on our day. Even the Chiles, Spains, Germanys of the world. Just watch. We probably won't beat them, but I will not be surprised at all if Iran takes 2 points from the top 2 seeds in Russia with 0-0 draws and a win over the bottom seed seeing us through to the next round.
            While I do agree Iran is no 8-0er we have never been able to reach the next round. And our only win was in 1998 against the weakest usa.
            Now I do think that Iran is able to snatch a win and a draw if the group is doable. But the defence and everything has to be on point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
            CITY

Comment

Russia (probable loss)
              Poland (probable loss)
              Belgium (Loss)
              France (Loss)
              Brazil (Loss)
              Germany (Loss)
              With that mentality, TM wouldnt beat tajikistan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8260 met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                While I do agree Iran is no 8-0er we have never been able to reach the next round. And our only win was in 1998 against the weakest usa.
                Now I do think that Iran is able to snatch a win and a draw if the group is doable. But the defence and everything has to be on point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
                No guarantees in football, but Iran can do anything if things go our way. Obviously if we are unlucky we won't move on, but it is 100% a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post

Heavy loss? Who talked about heavy losses?!

But Iran was at first leading with 1-0 against Russia. With your above arguments we should have won the game then. Don't get blinded by the 0 received goals against Asian teams for almost the whole WCQ games. Yes, our defense has improved big time. But the defense you call "scary", turned out to be quite breakable as soon as the Russians made their subs and started to role the ball for real! Believe me, if Sweden and Bosnia can win against us with 3-1, all those mentioned European teams can do that too. It's good to be optimistic and have belief but to emotionally get over the top by dreaming will only result in disappointment for you (your own words in Azmoun's transfer discussion).

Let's be real and see what TM is really capable of. We would probably get a 0-0 result or maybe even a win against the top African teams. If we play well, we might be able to pull off a 0-0 result against better European teams. But we are still an Asian team. To think we can get a 0-0 result against best teams in the world, is a bit too optimistic. and no...by that I don't mean we wont give them a game they will never forget. We will probably (hopefully) come out of the WC with our heads held high but will we advance from our group? It all depends on which group we end up in (and our preparations of course). Even with the best preparation possible, it's not sure at all that we can advance to the second round. So let's chill and cross our fingers!

Comment

Russia (probable loss)
                    Poland (probable loss)
                    Belgium (Loss)
                    France (Loss)
                    Brazil (Loss)
                    Germany (Loss)

I dont think my assessment of our chances in those games is at all optimistic but rather that yours is far more pessimistic.

We've not lost a competitive game in 90 minutes since Bosnia at the last world cup. We're unbeaten in our last 19 competitive games.

These are stronger teams than we've been playing but that shows we are a pretty damn strong team. We can frustrate most of those nations.

I dispute your assertion that "Argentina know us". We have 7/8 different players in our starting line up. We're a better team than we were 3 years ago. They too have different players. They have a different coach. They laboured to qualification.

If we get the rub of the green, we can get some kind of result against 6 of those teams. We want to avoid Brazil or Germany. That's the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                      Update:
                      A1: Russia 563, hosts
                      2. Germany 1631
                      3. Brazil 1619
                      4. Portugal 1446
                      5. Argentina 1445
                      6. Belgium 1333
                      7. Poland 1323
                      8. France 1226
                      -------------------------
                      9. Spain 1218
                      10. Peru 1160 (Playoff Inter-continental vs. New Zealand)
                      11. Switzerland 1135 (Playoff Team 1, seeded)
                      12. England 1116
                      13. Colombia 1095
                      14. Mexico 1060
                      15. Uruguay 1034
                      16. Italy 1016 (Playoff Team 2, seeded)
                      ------------------------
                      17. Croatia 1013 (Playoff Team 3, seeded)
                      18. Denmark 1001 (Playoff, Team 4, seeded)

19. Iceland 920
                      20. Costa Rica (points open, tonight)
                      21. Sweden 872 (Playoff Team 5, not seeded)
                      22. Northern Ireland 889 (Playoff Team 6, not seeded)
                      23. Rep. Ireland 866 (Playoff Team 7, not seeded)

24. Tunisia 834 (still open, points are clear for October Ranking, most probably qualify)
                      25. Egypt 818
                      26. Senegal 815 (Qualification open, most probably qualify)
                      27. Iran 787
                      ------------------------
                      28. Serbia 748
                      29. Nigeria 721
                      30. Japan 711
                      31. Panama 670
                      31. Korea Rep. 588
                      32. Saudi Arabia (576, seems Jamaica and Ghana Friendly were not listed as official matches)
                      33. Greece (Playoff Team 8, not seeded)
                      34. Morocco 680 or Ivory Coast (qualification open)
                      35. Australia 714 / Honduras (Playoff Inter-continental)
                      36. South Africa 473 / Cap Verde 568 / Burkina Faso 639
                      37. New Zealand 256

UPDATE and Information:

First legs of relegation:

Sweden - Italy 1:0
                      Croatia - Greece 4:1
                      Northern Ireland - Switzerland 0:1
                      Denmark - Ireland (Tonight)
                      Honduras - Australia 0:0
                      Morocco qualified
                      Senegal qualified.
                      Tunisia qualified.

Conclusion:

If Croatia qualify (99%) and Italy do not qualify (hard task now), Croatia will move to Pot 2, and can be our opponent and replace Italy.
                      If New Zealand qualifies also vs. Peru. Peru will be out of Pot 2 and Denmark (if qualifies) OR Iceland will move up to Pot 2 and can be our opponent instead of Peru. Also New Zealand will make us a a second favor, because we can get them from Pot 4. So the Qualification of New Zealand is important or let´s say in OUR FAVOUR.
                      Also the qualification of Honduras in Australia will be in our favor, so that we can get Honduras from Pot 4, and what I saw yesterday, we will get a big advantage if we really get Honduras, New Zealand or Panama. So if Australia fail, New Zealand makes the World Cup, and also Italy fail, we will have BIG BIG ADVANTAGE OF THIS RESULTS. Specially from Pot 4, as Serbia and Nigeria will ALSO MOVE UP.

Right now our opponents from Pot 4 are/can be:
                      Serbia - Nigeria - Morocco - Panama.

With the qualification of New Zealand, Honduras, Croatia, Sweden and Denmark we will get this opponent from Pot 4:

Nigeria, Morocco - Panama - Honduras - New Zealand (BIG DIFFERENCE!) = 60 % chance that we get Panama, Honduras or New Zealand.

And additional with the qualification of Denmark or Ireland we will get from Pot 2:

Spain - Switzerland - England - Colombia - Mexico - Uruguay - Croatia - Denmark OR ICELAND (If Ireland qualifies vs. Denmark!)

in our Pot 3 will then be:

Iceland - Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran, Serbia, (in case Denmark qualfies)

OR

Costa Rica, Sweden, Rep. Ireland, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran, Serbia (in case Ireland qualifies)

(updated, after matches/ thread edited/updated.)

2. Germany 1631
                      3. Brazil 1619
                      4. Portugal 1446
                      5. Argentina 1445
                      6. Belgium 1333
                      7. Poland 1323
                      8. France 1226
                      9. Spain 1218
                      12. England 1116
                      13. Colombia 1095
                      14. Mexico 1060
                      15. Uruguay 1034
                      ------------------------

19. Iceland 920
                      20. Costa Rica (points open, tonight)

24. Tunisia 834
                      25. Egypt 818
                      26. Senegal 815
                      27. Iran 787
                      ------------------------
                      28. Serbia 748
                      29. Nigeria 721
                      30. Japan 711
                      31. Morocco 680
                      32. Panama 670
                      33. Korea Rep. 588
                      32. Saudi Arabia (576
                      34. Greece (Playoff Team 8, not seeded)
                      36. New Zealand 256
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Great Post from the Pot Expert saeed!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                          Great Post from the Pot Expert saeed!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

jking

that is a excellent pot-prediction post Saeed, (about the only one ive read on PFDC that doesnt give me a a headache trying to follow it and give up reading 2 sentences into..!!) damet garm bro, keep updating it as results come in..!

Comment

Khahesh mikonam. In our football and in our persianfootball.com Forums, it is all about World Cup. Once in our life celebrate knock-out stages and the feeling to reach the next round and the next one, and the next one...

faghadr Jame Jahaniiii
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

-

Comment

(Updated, 11. November after matchday)

Tunisia qualified with 0:0 draw at home vs. Libya, while DR Congo won 3:1, but missed the qualification.
                              Morocco played a great and clever football match in Ivory Coast. beautiful and deserved win, I saw the match, and Morocco is a good team really. Not to underestimate. And also passionated fans. 2:0 away victory.

Update:

2. Germany 1631
                              3. Brazil 1619
                              4. Portugal 1446
                              5. Argentina 1445
                              6. Belgium 1333
                              7. Poland 1323
                              8. France 1226
                              9. Spain 1218
                              12. England 1116
                              13. Colombia 1095
                              14. Mexico 1060
                              15. Uruguay 1034
                              ------------------------

19. Iceland 920
                              20. Costa Rica (...)

24. Tunisia 834
                              25. Egypt 818
                              26. Senegal 815
                              27. Iran 787
                              ------------------------
                              28. Serbia 748
                              29. Nigeria 721
                              30. Japan 711
                              34. Morocco 680
                              31. Panama 670
                              31. Korea Rep. 588
                              32. Saudi Arabia (576
                              33. Greece (...) (Playoff Team 8, not seeded)
                              36. New Zealand 256
                              sigpic

-

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                                (Updated, 11. November after matchday)

Tunisia qualified with 0:0 draw at home vs. Libya, while DR Congo won 3:1, but missed the qualification.
                                Morocco played a great and clever football match in Ivory Coast. beautiful and deserved win, I saw the match, and Morocco is a good team really. Not to underestimate. And also passionated fans. 2:0 away victory.

Update:

2. Germany 1631
                                3. Brazil 1619
                                4. Portugal 1446
                                5. Argentina 1445
                                6. Belgium 1333
                                7. Poland 1323
                                8. France 1226
                                9. Spain 1218
                                12. England 1116
                                13. Colombia 1095
                                14. Mexico 1060
                                15. Uruguay 1034
                                ------------------------

19. Iceland 920
                                20. Costa Rica (...)

24. Tunisia 834
                                25. Egypt 818
                                26. Senegal 815
                                27. Iran 787
                                ------------------------
                                28. Serbia 748
                                29. Nigeria 721
                                30. Japan 711
                                31. Panama 670
                                31. Korea Rep. 588
                                32. Saudi Arabia (576
                                33. Greece (Playoff Team 8, not seeded)
                                34. Morocco 680
                                36. New Zealand 256
                                What would it take for Iran to be in Pot 3?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X