The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

As it stands, we'll be the last unlucky team to miss out on pot 3 of World Cup draw, and end up in pot 4 instead....barring one of the following scenarios.

1: GREECE qualifies for the World Cup:

- First, Greece will need to reach the play-offs. For them, not to finish as the worst runner-up team we'll need ONE OF THE FOLLOWING to happen:
    ---> Scotland NOT to win in Slovenia tomorrow (A draw, or Slovakia winning and finishing 2nd, means Greece WILL NOT be the worst runner up)
    ---> Ukraine-Croatia to end in a draw (that will mean Croatia will have less points than Greece and hence gives Greece a play-off chance)
    ---> Wales-Ireland to end in a draw (again, similar situation to Ukraine-Croatia)
    ---> Norway beating Northern Ireland by more than one goal (It'll mean Greece >> Northern Ireland)

***As you can see, there are a lot of ifs/buts in here. Because even if Greece do make it to the play-offs, they won't be seeded and most likely brushed aside by likes of Italy/Portugal/etc...but at least it's something

2. EGYPT do not qualify for the World Cup TOMORROW

It's very simple. Egypt have the chance to seal qualification to the World Cup tomorrow. If they beat Congo in Cairo, they will leapfrog us in FIFA rankings (even if we beat Russia)....but if they DRAW (they will still remain in driving seat, but it will impact the decisive October rankings), and we beat Russia, we will have more points than them and will be higher ranked going to the WC draw.

Congo is quiet poor, but they lost the home game to Egypt narrowly only 1-2...it's a long-shot, but come on !

3. Senegal do not qualify for the World Cup

Senegal will play South Africa twice next month (a match replayed due to corrupt referee). If they lose both times (very unlikely), South Africa will instead qualify and we are better than them in the rankings

4. Tunisia do not qualify for the World Cup

Again a long-shot. for it to happen, Tunisians will have to LOSE at home to Libya, and DR Congo to beat Guniea next month. Very unlikely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For scenarios 3 and 4, we will have to wait a month. but for first two scenario, we will know a bit in the next 24 hours. Number 2 is the most straight-forward.

SO, COME ON CONGO YOU SUB-SAHARAN BEAUTIES !! DON'T LOSE

Here is a better idea:

Send the Persian internet maffia to change Egypt's ranking points, or feed Senegal's players chelo kabab before the match.

Or just pray to the Adesorian gods of old.

Comment

so out of the 4 scenirio if they happen we will be in pot 3?

Comment

Pot 3 or 4 whatever ?? It is Dangerous to get an "easy group" just think about it. We would rise HIGH expectations during the months before world cup and then (i hope not) if things go bad and we don't make it to round of 16 it would start make some crisis in our football. Let's remember WC 06 and the horrible years that came after (we had not an easy group but we all thought we could get through).
        We shall not look after other countries to make it for us, if we are pot 4 then we deserve it bc the ties against Syria.

Just look at Iceland EURO16, a 300K ppl country yet they've beaten England, they were outsiders but they trusted themselves and that made they run even more beautiful.
        USA in WC 14 were tied with Germany Portugal and Ghana and yet made it.
        What's the use to go to a world cup and play against, for example, Switzerland Honduras and Senegal.
        We are supposed to be the best team in Asia who cares who we play against.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
          Pot 3 or 4 whatever ?? It is Dangerous to get an "easy group" just think about it. We would rise HIGH expectations during the months before world cup and then (i hope not) if things go bad and we don't make it to round of 16 it would start make some crisis in our football. Let's remember WC 06 and the horrible years that came after (we had not an easy group but we all thought we could get through).
          We shall not look after other countries to make it for us, if we are pot 4 then we deserve it bc the ties against Syria.

Just look at Iceland EURO16, a 300K ppl country yet they've beaten England, they were outsiders but they trusted themselves and that made they run even more beautiful.
          USA in WC 14 were tied with Germany Portugal and Ghana and yet made it.
          What's the use to go to a world cup and play against, for example, Switzerland Honduras and Senegal.
          We are supposed to be the best team in Asia who cares who we play against.
          Of course I agree with you, but I want to give us as much chance of qualifying to the next round as possible...and history has proven we cope better vs. African teams as opposed to European ones in world stage.

The thing is, we never get friendlies against truly decent opposition to know the true level of our side....I much rather us to be in a group with Morocco as opposed to Sweden/Bosnia-like team.

This is the WC where we shall progress out of the group. Anything that helps the cause is welcome !

Comment

Lets all take a moment to appreciate Ramin Rezaeian,Alireza Beiranvand, and Saeid ezatolahi who are responsible for this shit...

Comment

You guys have to calm down. I think we might squeeze out a POT 3 but even if not all of Pot 3 is very beatable. Hell Peru is gonna be in Pot 2.

Its the world cup.. I want the most media exposure for TM as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Lets all take a moment to appreciate Ramin Rezaeian,Alireza Beiranvand, and Saeid ezatolahi who are responsible for this shit...
                How is Ramin Rezaeian responsible???

Comment

norway beating n.ireland by more than 2 is possible

Comment

If we beat Russia on Tuesday we will for sure be on Pot 3 no matter any other scores.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                      If we beat Russia on Tuesday we will for sure be on Pot 3 no matter any other scores.
                      your sure?and if we draw what the case?and if we lose

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                        How is Ramin Rezaeian responsible???
                        Ridiculous turnover when he was under no pressure at all. A simple pass back to the goalie to run out the clock and we are in Pot 3.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=40082

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          i think if anyone, Carlos is the most to blame for the Tie vs Syria...!! i dont understand wtf he was trying to prove sending the team on all out attack while leading, man short and in dying minutes of the game....???? what was he trying to do/prove..? run up the score..??
                          unless our boys did that ridiculous shittt on their own to help syrians ??? then shame on all those involved..

Comment

We need to win only or we will end up in pot 4

Comment

Making R16 is a meaningless feat if we don't get any results against quality opposition. Personally, while I don't want a group of death, I'd like to see some tough matchups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X