The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3 - Page 22

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,724 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Damavand View Post
    I am sorry but there is NO WAY I will be content with that. Remember all the big Asian teams have qualified at least once to the second round. Even KSA who we all ridicule around here has qualified to the second round.

This may sound a little harsh, but we will be the laughing stalk of all Asia if we do not qualify after 5 trips to the WC.
    We were amongst the final 16 teams in the World Cup 16 years before the 8-0ers.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    We were amongst the final 16 teams in the World Cup 16 years before the 8-0ers.
    I know. I watched the 1978 WC games live. My point is KSA has already made it out of the WC group stage and we have not.

It is long overdue we change that.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damavand View Post
    I know I watched the 1978 WC games live. My point is KSA has already made it out of the WC group stage and we have not.

It is long overdue we change that.
    Wirh more teams which means the overall level was diluted. Getting out of the group stage is only as important as the number of teams present in the next round. You wouldn't consider advancing out of a group respectable at all once the World Cup is at 48 teams.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Wirh more teams which means the overall level was diluted. Getting out of the group stage is only as important as the number of teams present in the next round. You wouldn't consider advancing out of a group respectable at all once the World Cup is at 48 teams.
    Only 8 more teams. Remember 1994 WC only had 24 teams.

But I get what you are saying. The problem is the world only cares and pays respect to teams which have made it out of the group stage.

Something we have yet to do.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Yeah Come on CONGO lets fight for Pot 3. FFS i wish we were in pot 4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ali8karimi For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    What does it Change ? You Think if we we're Pot 4 we Couldnt be in this Group ?

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,277 Posts
    LOL you realize that if we were in pot 4 we could still get Portugal and Spain. The cherry on top would be a tough non-European team from pot 3 like Costa Rica or Egypt instead of Morocco.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
    LOL you realize that if we were in pot 4 we could still get Portugal and Spain. The cherry on top would be a tough non-European team from pot 3 like Costa Rica or Egypt instead of Morocco.
    IMO I'd rather play Costa Rica or Egypt than Morocco but still thankful we didn't get Nigeria. Look at other Asian teams, id prefer have Japan, Saudi or Aussies group than ours. Maybe Korea's can be discussed but we cleary got the thoughest one out of 5 asian teams despite being the only one in pot 3

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,277 Posts
    That is because we got EXTREMELY unlucky. Being in pot 4 didn't mean we also wouldn't get extremely unlucky. In pot 4 we could have ended up without an African team, we could have got something like Brazil, Spain and Sweden.

We just got unlucky, being in pot 3 had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ali8karimi View Post
    IMO I'd rather play Costa Rica or Egypt than Morocco but still thankful we didn't get Nigeria. Look at other Asian teams, id prefer have Japan, Saudi or Aussies group than ours. Maybe Korea's can be discussed but we cleary got the thoughest one out of 5 asian teams despite being the only one in pot 3

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Persian-Pride87 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Members who have read this thread : 318

You do not have permission to view the list of names.