The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    We were amongst the final 16 teams in the World Cup 16 years before the 8-0ers.
    I know. I watched the 1978 WC games live. My point is KSA has already made it out of the WC group stage and we have not.

It is long overdue we change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      I know I watched the 1978 WC games live. My point is KSA has already made it out of the WC group stage and we have not.

It is long overdue we change that.
      Wirh more teams which means the overall level was diluted. Getting out of the group stage is only as important as the number of teams present in the next round. You wouldn't consider advancing out of a group respectable at all once the World Cup is at 48 teams.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        Wirh more teams which means the overall level was diluted. Getting out of the group stage is only as important as the number of teams present in the next round. You wouldn't consider advancing out of a group respectable at all once the World Cup is at 48 teams.
        Only 8 more teams. Remember 1994 WC only had 24 teams.

But I get what you are saying. The problem is the world only cares and pays respect to teams which have made it out of the group stage.

Something we have yet to do.

Comment

Yeah Come on CONGO lets fight for Pot 3. FFS i wish we were in pot 4

Comment

What does it Change ? You Think if we we're Pot 4 we Couldnt be in this Group ?

Comment

LOL you realize that if we were in pot 4 we could still get Portugal and Spain. The cherry on top would be a tough non-European team from pot 3 like Costa Rica or Egypt instead of Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                LOL you realize that if we were in pot 4 we could still get Portugal and Spain. The cherry on top would be a tough non-European team from pot 3 like Costa Rica or Egypt instead of Morocco.
                IMO I'd rather play Costa Rica or Egypt than Morocco but still thankful we didn't get Nigeria. Look at other Asian teams, id prefer have Japan, Saudi or Aussies group than ours. Maybe Korea's can be discussed but we cleary got the thoughest one out of 5 asian teams despite being the only one in pot 3

Comment

That is because we got EXTREMELY unlucky. Being in pot 4 didn't mean we also wouldn't get extremely unlucky. In pot 4 we could have ended up without an African team, we could have got something like Brazil, Spain and Sweden.

We just got unlucky, being in pot 3 had nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                  IMO I'd rather play Costa Rica or Egypt than Morocco but still thankful we didn't get Nigeria. Look at other Asian teams, id prefer have Japan, Saudi or Aussies group than ours. Maybe Korea's can be discussed but we cleary got the thoughest one out of 5 asian teams despite being the only one in pot 3

Comment

Working...
                  X