Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC - Iran's key player - Ramin Rezaeian

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41147762

Key player: Part of a formidable Iran defence, right-back Ramin Rezaeian also has the pace and crossing ability to be a threat going forward. The 27-year-old plays his club football for Belgian top-flight side Oostende

This kind of represents how the BBC is when it comes to research for football. Compare that with articles in other media outlets (e.g The Guardian and the players that Johnny Duerden has featured over the last few years)....

Interesting that they chose Ramin, I think he is very good, but there are a few players that could be listed that are more important than him. Either way, happy to see it, he is one of my favorite players
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I’d say Mohammadi

Comment

Maybe the BBC thought they were naming the Iran player with the best hair.

Comment

CQ is our key player
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I really like Rezaeian. He's a tough player and a leader type. but a "key player" out of the bunch?!!! He's not even the only option in the right back after Ghafouri's performance against Togo.

I'd say we have two irreplaceable players. 1 is definitely Milad Mohammadi. Cheshmi showed to be promising but so far Jalal Hosseini is hands down irreplaceable in the CB IMO.

For the rest, we have good options and replacements. Even for Azmoun.

Comment

Belgium with 17 PL players! They might as well call themselves England

Comment

I think the greaters thing King Q has done, is making the team important ; their is not one player that you can single out as THE KEY player IMHO.
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

There is no doubt that in 2014 World Cup our key players were Dejagah, Ghoochannejhad and Nekounam. Now with the current team I would say we have many key players Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Taremi, Hosseini and Beiranvand. Others are also good. I like to see more game time for Kaveh Rezaei.

Comment

The BBC really haven't a clue when it comes to all football journalism but I too was fascinated by what would make someone, however clueless, choose Rezaaeian. He doesn't have all that many caps nor goals, doesn't play for a standout club and I assume isn't the best Iranian on FIFA or FM. What an idiotic article.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      The BBC really haven't a clue when it comes to all football journalism but I too was fascinated by what would make someone, however clueless, choose Rezaaeian. He doesn't have all that many caps nor goals, doesn't play for a standout club and I assume isn't the best Iranian on FIFA or FM. What an idiotic article.
                      they probably saw him cruising that borrowed Lambo and checked all the aabji insta fans of him, figured he must be our star player..!!

Comment

To be fair, I do think hes a very important player, but they definitely didnt look further into our team.

Rezaeian has proven that his assistance and addition to the attacking line are vital.

He assisted the win against SK in tehran.

I believe he assisted two goals against Montenegro.

On a good day ramin will be invaluable in russia.

And im even happier that we also have Ghafouri who in my opinion really is 95% as good, and better defensively.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                          To be fair, I do think hes a very important player, but they definitely didnt look further into our team.
                          Rezaeian has proven that his assistance and addition to the attacking line are vital.
                          He assisted the win against SK in tehran.
                          I believe he assisted two goals against Montenegro.
                          On a good day ramin will be invaluable in russia.
                          And im even happier that we also have Ghafouri who in my opinion really is 95% as good, and better defensively.
                          Exactly !! what an improvement remember last WC we had Heydari .
                          Milad and Ramin are modern fullbacks going up and down and to me their contribution is not visible as other positions but they made a huge impact in our gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                            Exactly !! what an improvement remember last WC we had Heydari .
                            Milad and Ramin are modern fullbacks going up and down and to me their contribution is not visible as other positions but they made a huge impact in our gameplay
                            You lose the flanks, you are going to let the opposition man handle you. Stamina stamina stamina. Milad definitely shows that he has the stamina, what about Rezaeian?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              You lose the flanks, you are going to let the opposition man handle you. Stamina stamina stamina. Milad definitely shows that he has the stamina, what about Rezaeian?
                              if theres one thing he has its stamina. He is physically excellent. His problem is his concentration both on and off the ball. On the ball - in possession , he can have total lapses and give the ball away when under zero pressure - see syria games. Off the ball he often gets caught ball watching, especially on crosses to the back post he can lose his man - see oostende games. When he concentrates for 90 mins, he is great, example S Korea at home. But he struggles to keep that level of concentration for multiple games, unlike milad.

Overall these positions ( full back ) have improved so much. We used to concede most of our goals by crosses into the area between our CB's and GK. Our LB/RB couldnt block the crosses bc they lacked necessary speed to out to their men on the wings. That doesnt happen now. And even better, our full backs are major weapons in our offense.

I think Vouria is really pushing Ramin , he seems in good shape, and is more concentrated on defense, and nearly as good on offense. However, I think Ramin may have the edge bc he is in europe and can make the necessary improvements to his game in the next 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X