Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Russia - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (10.10.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    With all due respect, Bi-honar jan, how can you say Russia is the weakest team in the WC? They scored 4 vs South Korea. Besides, when such subs are made, it's obvious its for the players to get experience, the result of the game is not as important. I seriously doubt CQ was thinking 'hey, we need to win this game. Lets bring in Akbar Imani for Taremi.'
    Well, Russia didn't score 4 goals on Korea, they scored 2 goals on themselves!

On that note, if we want to be successful in the WC and at least reach the 2nd round, we need to stop comparing ourselves to Korea or even 84th ranked Russia (who recently lost to Mexico, Portugal and Ivory Coast) and raise our game a lot from what we saw today.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think CQ was very happy with what he saw out there today either and we still have a lot of work to do.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that this was a friendly and as I've said before how it fits into our overall preparation is a lot more important than the result or even how we played].

BTW, I didn't say Russia is the weakest team in the World Cup - I said it's probably going to be "the lowest ranked team" - at 84th.

Comment

Ghana 3 Saudi soosmars 0

Comment

Bottom line: very good test - ok result- we need much much more of those games so the team can grow.

Whom do we play in November ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          What the hell do we do when Jalal retires? Everytime I see him i'm proud that we have a defender so solid as him. Not just his general skill but his positioning, anticipation and leadership.

If he maintains his fitness then he can keep going. Maldini and Costacurta kept going until 41 and they were still solid performers right at the end.
          He will never have the fitness to play back to back games, we saw it last World Cup, but he can for sure play soccer for a few more years. By far one of the best CBs in team Melli history.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

We shouldn't be focussed on results in friendlies. Offcourse its great for our players morale (and our fun ) to win, but at the end we need this kind of friendlies to fin weak spots and test our stamina to get better.

BUT i'm all agreeing with Bi-Honar jan ; Russia is a good friendly for us (almost dreaming of decent friendlies), but certainly not top-30 worthy at this moment and time.
            We need more friendlies at this level and if possible even better! I won't be complaining if we play Poland, The Netherlands and Morroco and don't manage more than 1 win.
            Because the experience that we gain in those games, the stamina we build ; their is no money or training in the world that can achieve the same for our beloved Team Melli.

If you want to build the kilos for your benchpress in the gym, the best thing to do is to put more weight on it, let a friend help out and do a few, then some more (and some less help) ; in a few weeks you will be much stronger!
            Thats the kind of gain we would have from good quality friendlies and result is 2nd or 3rd in priority.
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Well, Russia didn't score 4 goals on Korea, they scored 2 goals on themselves!

On that note, if we want to be successful in the WC and at least reach the 2nd round, we need to stop comparing ourselves to Korea or even 84th ranked Russia (who recently lost to Mexico, Portugal and Ivory Coast) and raise our game a lot from what we saw today.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think CQ was very happy with what he saw out there today either and we still have a lot of work to do.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that this was a friendly and as I've said before how it fits into our overall preparation is a lot more important than the result or even how we played].

BTW, I didn't say Russia is the weakest team in the World Cup - I said it's probably going to be "the lowest ranked team" - at 84th.
              Russia is 64th.
              http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...men/index.html

Comment

I think the technical ability of many of the new players who came on was seriously lacking. You could see the drastic different between the Russians' clean controls and calm passing compared to players like Imani who looked like they were electrocuted the second the ball touched their feet.

Once we have Mohammadi back and Hajsafi as a midfielder I would feel a bit more confident about our ability to distribute the ball from the middle of the field. Lots of "bekesh ziresh" football, albiet it was supported by a good press by our attacking midfielders.

Comment

The ranking of russia is becuase fifa ranking does this to teams who only plays fridnly. brazil was ranked 22th or sth like that before WC becuase they only had friendlies

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                    bale ?
                    Sorry, I was sleep deprived from studying for midterms and wanted to make a small inappropriate joke. It won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                      Ghana 3 Saudi soosmars 0
                      Bahahaha!! !!

Comment

one way or another i feel the team is much stronger than it showsed last night. We see that Dejagah was missed. miladi was missed on his position. Hajsafi as left back is somewhat clue less imo. new players such as imani needed to break the ice and this was a step forward. i think overall the team played nervous.. and the more friendlies we have the more we can help TM to play their own game and play calm. CQ knows what he has to do. the ball is in Taj's pitch and he needs to keep the pace of finding good friendlies up!

Comment

Working...
                        X