X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• معصومه ابتكار@ebtekarm_ir 3h3 hours agoMore

پاسخ امروز من به خبرنگاران عزیز در مورد مجوز حضور خانواده ها در استادیوم آزادی، همان موضوع دیدن بازی های جام جهانی بوده و خبر جدیدی نیست. لطفا خبرهای اشتباه را اصلاح کنید.ممنون

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Yes i know it is confusing for someone such as yourself, but everyone who knows Iran even a little will tell you the same. I personally know and have spoken to many ordinary Iranians in Iran who oppose women attending football games, all for different reasons. Like i said earlier these are cultural issues that take time, you can't force them to be liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
          Yes i know it is confusing for someone such as yourself, but everyone who knows Iran even a little will tell you the same. I personally know and have spoken to many ordinary Iranians in Iran who oppose women attending football games, all for different reasons. Like i said earlier these are cultural issues that take time, you can't force them to be liberal.
          Yeah, yeah. You have the ear of "ordinary Iranians." That's what you claim - but you cannot prove anything.

I have not spoken to one Iranian who has every had such viewpoints. It's one thing to be conservative, but outside IR Iran - women not being allowed into stadiums is considered backward, not conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            Yeah, yeah. You have the ear of "ordinary Iranians." That's what you claim - but you cannot prove anything.
            I have not spoken to one Iranian who has every had such viewpoints. It's one thing to be conservative, but outside IR Iran - women not being allowed into stadiums is considered backward, not conservative.
            I never claimed to have the ear of the ordinary Iranian but that i have spoken to many Iranians inside Iran who do not want women to attend football stadiums. It is nice that you have spoken to Iranians living in Toronto or on twitter that do want women to attend football stadiums, but it certaintly doesn't prove anything, and what matters is what Iranians living inside Iran want, not the diaspora. Ask any Iranian who has ever visited Iran if they know of Iranians who agree with women not being allowed to visit stadium, and they will tell you the same thing. To claim that only the regime and it's supporters forbid women to attend football games is nonsense and quite frankly shows their ignorance regarding the Iranian society.

Now before i get accused of supporting women ban on attending football stadiums... i fully support women attending stadiums, and to draw the line much much further equal rights for women. But what i won't do is lie and claim that only the regime is responsible for this, while again a big part of the Iranian society is conservative (backward in your liberal reasoning) and does not approve. These are societal/cultural issues that take time to be solved. Iran won't change into Paris no matter how much you want to, and if tomorrow or in the near future a new regime comes in power the same issues will still exist.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post

Haji now you are spewing some major BS, I don't want to turn this thread into a political one, but I will take an example that is similar. The government (the government itself yes) released a survey last year on the topic of compulsory hijab, which more people in our country our conservative about than women attending a football match, and out of 31 provinces in Iran, the survey found that just 2 provinces had a majority population who favoured compulsory hijab. Even a province like Qom, had the majority of people against compulsory hijab.

Now I am sure Tehranto is not saying Iran is as liberal as Canada, however our population is highly liberalized in its own right.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post

Haji now you are spewing some major BS, I don't want to turn this thread into a political one, but I will take an example that is similar. The government (the government itself yes) released a survey last year on the topic of compulsory hijab, which more people in our country our conservative about than women attending a football match, and out of 31 provinces in Iran, the survey found that just 2 provinces had a majority population who favoured compulsory hijab. Even a province like Qom, had the majority of people against compulsory hijab.
                Now I am sure Tehranto is not saying Iran is as liberal as Canada, however our population is highly liberalized in its own right.
                Sirvan was right when he said that Iranians are not as liberalized as some people think who are just chilling in Tehran. Still for West Asia Standards the people are very high up there. There was this one video posted by Alinejad (I think) were this one guy killed his wife because she wanted a divorce. On the comments section there were many idiots who claimed that the women deserved it.
                I think this way of thinking (which we cant measure unless we do studies) will be a big problem when a revolution comes. But this should never be a reason to just not do it and let the people suffer so you can have a slow change? Thats the point were I would discredit sirvans argument.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
                  Sirvan was right when he said that Iranians are not as liberalized as some people think who are just chilling in Tehran. Still for West Asia Standards the people are very high up there. There was this one video posted by Alinejad (I think) were this one guy killed his wife because she wanted a divorce. On the comments section there were many idiots who claimed that the women deserved it.
                  I think this way of thinking (which we cant measure unless we do studies) will be a big problem when a revolution comes. But this should never be a reason to just not do it and let the people suffer so you can have a slow change? Thats the point were I would discredit sirvans argument.
                  My point is that the survey on compulsory hijab showed that your statement is just not true, people outside of Tehran are also very very liberal, especially in Fars and Gilan which had the highest percentage against compulsory hijab in the poll I was alluding too in the previous post. When compared to other countries in the region we are so far ahead in terms of our population being liberal. Of course there are still conservative Iranians, but now they are in the minority, all the polls and surveys point to this.

Comment

40 years ago women went to the stadiums, now they can't?
                    Most of us have not regressed that much culturally.

Comment

People anywhere on this planet want freedom. Freedom to wear normal clothing, freedom to watch movies in a cinema and freedom to attend sporting events! Pls cut out this Survey BS that majority oppose Women attending stadiums! Who in their right mind opposes such trivial things!!??? for god sakes people , Talk Real Football this is a FOOTBALL FORUM after all!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                        People anywhere on this planet want freedom. Freedom to wear normal clothing, freedom to watch movies in a cinema and freedom to attend sporting events! Pls cut out this Survey BS that majority oppose Women attending stadiums! Who in their right mind opposes such trivial things!!??? for god sakes people , Talk Real Football this is a FOOTBALL FORUM after all!!
                        Well according to Sirvan, there is a big force (outside government) that doesn’t want women in stadiums. Apparently, they speak for a loud minority. I have met zero people with such backward views but apparently a loud minority exists.

Comment

The people who oppose women in stadiums are like the Iranian dudes who cant get laid in EU/US and want to get a wife from Iran because shes more "submissive" or whatever.

Comment

به تماشای فوتبال رفته ای تو؟ با اجازه کی؟ بی جا کرده ای تو

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46165116

Hundreds of Iranian women have been allowed to attend the Asia Champions League final in Tehran, Iran's semi-official Isna news agency reports.

The move is being seen as a possible end to more than 35 years of exclusion of women from top matches.

Most were said to be relatives of players or members of women's teams. They watched the local team Persepolis lose to Japan's Kashima Antlers.

Football's world governing body Fifa is working with Iran to end the ban.

Last month about 100 women were allowed to watch a friendly between Iran and Bolivia, but restrictions were quickly reinstated.

In March this year 35 women were detained for trying to attend a match between Persepolis and fellow Tehran team Esteqlal.

Fifa's president, Gianni Infantino, was also in attendance at that match, along with Iranian Sport Minister Masoud Soltanifar.

Iranian women and girls have rarely been allowed at men's sporting events since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, and have not been able to attend top football matches since 1981.

Female fans from other countries have, however, been allowed to attend some games.

Open Stadiums, a group which campaigns for access to venues for women in Iran, handed a petition to Fifa this week signed by more than 200,000 people, Reuters news agency reported.

Ending the exclusion "has been our dream for decades", a spokesperson for the group told the agency. "We are also excluded from public happiness and excitement."
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Good. Time to get tough and call the BS on IR's bullshit - give us a date for when women are allowed in or you are sanctioned. Enough is enough.

----

FIFA Panel Urges Tough Line on Iran's Ban of Female Fans

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...an-rights.html

Comment

Working...
                                X