Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ comments: Namazi a disgruntled past employee or an honest concerned citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Lol. What change is that exactly? What has he achieved that other coaches haven't done yet?
    He isn't the first coach to qualify for the world cup, he isn't even the first coach to take out some of the selfishness out of our playing style and focus more on passing.
    I swear if CQ was from Serbia or Ukraine none of y'all be acting like he's the 2nd coming of Christ.

I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but let's not act like he's special, or above criticism.
    Your post makes no sense. Players that are playing in TM right now didn't just come around CQ found them and trusted them thats why a guy like Sardar and Jahanbakhsh who are in their 23's has been playing for TM more than 2 years tell me a TM coach who did that. Even staying more than 7 years in IRAN under those tough conditions is a success and you should be blind not to see CQ's positive impact on TM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

The only downside of CQ I seen these past 6 years was the lineup he put last game. I expected him to give a try to all the players that didn't get any playing time. We should have gone into this game not trying to win, but giving our second team a chance.
      Otherwise CQ is way ahead of anyone we ever had as a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
        Your post makes no sense. Players that are playing in TM right now didn't just come around CQ found them and trusted them thats why a guy like Sardar and Jahanbakhsh who are in their 23's has been playing for TM more than 2 years tell me a TM coach who did that. Even staying more than 7 years in IRAN under those tough conditions is a success and you should be blind not to see CQ's positive impact on TM.
        He's staying in Iran because of money and that he basically has a cult built around him.

Also, Branko invited Kaebi and Madanchi to TM when they were very young, so it's not really unique to CQ.

Comment

He's staying in Iran because of money and that he basically has a cult built around him.

Also, Branko invited Kaebi and Madanchi to TM when they were very young, so it's not really unique to CQ.
          When you say Kaebi was very young do you mean young + 4 years? lol

Comment

Fact:
            Iran under CQ has been a one trick pony. Ultra-defensive boring football. Heavily relying on set-pieces and counter-attacks most of which the team is unable to convert into goals. No matter who we are playing, we play the exact same style. That's not good coaching. I don't care how solid you think your system it. We play like North Korea did in leading up to and during WC 2010 and were extemely lucky Argentina wasn't able to convert their chances again us, otherwise that game would have ended 4-1, 5-1 (that was penatly on Dejaghe).
            With all due respect, if we played Argentina with a slightly more offensive attitude, I'm pretty sure, we would have been trashed by Argentina! Then, and only then, you can compare us to North Korea in 2010....

We don't make it to the World Cup, everybody screams, we make it to the World Cup, even twice in a row, we still keep screaming.... unbelievable
            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Lol. What change is that exactly? What has he achieved that other coaches haven't done yet?
              He isn't the first coach to qualify for the world cup, he isn't even the first coach to take out some of the selfishness out of our playing style and focus more on passing.
              I swear if CQ was from Serbia or Ukraine none of y'all be acting like he's the 2nd coming of Christ.

I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but let's not act like he's special, or above criticism.
              Agreed, he might not be special, but he implemented European mentality among our players. No coach before him, even not Branco was able to put aside soosool bazi! Ask Aghili and Rahmati, how they feel right now....I can't remember the last time, a player dared to speak against him or put himself above team after the Aghili/Rahmati fiasco. Pls ask poor Khalatbari, who performed well in the 2014 qualifiers, but still was excluded from the final list. He still admires CQ and respects him.
              TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                With all due respect, if we played Argentina with a slightly more offensive attitude, I'm pretty sure, we would have been trashed by Argentina! Then, and only then, you can compare us to North Korea in 2010....

We don't make it to the World Cup, everybody screams, we make it to the World Cup, even twice in a row, we still keep screaming.... unbelievable
                The only reason CQ was able to qualify for two world cups is that he was allowed to be the coach continuously for two consecutive world cups. I'd argue that under Branko we would have qualified for 2010.

Also, I'm not against playing super defensive against a team like Argentina, that's what you have to do and hope you get lucky like we did In that game. but the problem comes when you can't score against teams weaker or equal to you because you don't have any other tactic beside playing Ultra-defensive.

I'm not even really screaming, just pointing out that not every criticism of CQ is Irrational. He's good enough but nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                X