Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ comments: Namazi a disgruntled past employee or an honest concerned citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Namazi felanesh misoose, badjur!! I think this is the best analysis of his cherto pert interview....
    TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I am sure Mr. Namazi reads this board as there's not many reputable and high-trafficked English speaking Iranian football forums on internet, so keep the cooments coming, but please avoid profanity!

Comment

I don't care if we "park the bus" but win the world cup. Greece did it in Euro2004 and Italy has done it numerous times in the WC. Nothing shameful about that..I believe in CQ and I think he is great. Facts cannot be denied.

Comment

I agree results speak for themselves.

In my view, side issues including this interview should be ignored. I did not watch it.

Fans should support CQ. I am supporting him.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Namazi rideeeehhhhh
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
              The interviewer was terrible. Definitely a guy with an agenda. Can't believe he actually said that keeping a clean sheet streak is meaningless.
              I agree interviewer was terrible, but he is right in that keeping clean sheet in football is really meaningless. fans, and the keepers may have fun with it for kor kori, but it has no other significance. Namazi's comments were not that great either, and the interviewer kept putting words in his mouth.

Carlos may not be what Portugal or a top European team wants, but for us he is far better than what we could have wished for.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                I agree interviewer was terrible, but he is right in that keeping clean sheet in football is really meaningless. fans, and the keepers may have fun with it for kor kori, but it has no other significance. Namazi's comments were not that great either, and the interviewer kept putting words in his mouth.
                Carlos may not be what Portugal or a top European team wants, but for us he is far better than what we could have wished for.
                True, keeping clean sheet may be meaningless as far as football standings in the world comes into play, however having had kept our clean sheet intact, all the way throughout our WCQ journey, would have been an achievement that in every single upcoming match of TM till the end of the world cup, all football commentators and news agencies would have brought up, praising our team and CQ for it. We're all proud of Daei and Shamsaei for having scored the most goals in the world, we always boast about it, but is it really a meaningful record to hold? Yes and no, yes for pride, and no for standing nowhere in any of the football tournaments.

However the interviewer's double standard and hypocrisy surfaces when he calls such prestigious record "meaningless", while for years he's has been criticizing CQ's team, for not playing attractive football! Hey wait a minute, now playing unattractive football suddenly became meaningful? Which one is more important? playing somewhat unattractive, yet getting the ideal results, or playing good football, yet disappointing results? By his logic, Playing unattractive and defensive football SHALL be considered as meaningless as Keeping clean sheet!

If I am wrong, I would love to corrected on this argument por favor!

Comment

Namazi is a fat irrelevent donkey who doesn't know shit sbout anything
                  You just got Caged
                  K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

wow Namazi is such a hater. What a snake.

You know what they say... if you got haters, then you are doing something right.

If CQ was a nobody or was unsuccessful he wouldn't have any haters.

Comment

Both Namazi and the interviewer made some great points.

Fact:
                      Iran under CQ has been a one trick pony. Ultra-defensive boring football. Heavily relying on set-pieces and counter-attacks most of which the team is unable to convert into goals. No matter who we are playing, we play the exact same style. That's not good coaching. I don't care how solid you think your system it. We play like North Korea did in leading up to and during WC 2010 and were extemely lucky Argentina wasn't able to convert their chances again us, otherwise that game would have ended 4-1, 5-1 (that was penatly on Dejaghe).

Fact:
                      Iran has problems scoring and that's even worse when you consider that we have an abundence of gifted stikers right now. At no point has Iran had this many Strikers in European leagues, yet our coach can't utilize on that.

Fact:
                      My pubic hair would have been able to qualify to the world cup this year considering the weak group we were in. China, Uzbekistan, Qatar were pure trash, and this was the weakest Korean team in recent times. So yea, congratulations that bunch of trash teams couldn't score against us when we parked the bus for the entire qualifiying stage.

Fact:
                      The longest serving coach for TM, and his record isn't that good really. Same win percentage as Daei and Branko. Same as Daei in Asian cup, worse than Branko in Asian cup and WAFF, same as Branko in WC. An Irani or eastern european coach would not get the 2nd chance CQ after getting 1 point in the WC group stage and kicked out of the Asian cup in the 1/4 finals by a team whose country was being invaded by freaking ISIS!

Conclusion: Although he has done a decent job in Iran, I don't think he's the messiah many people make him out to be, nor is he deserving of the amount of money he's getting. He's like the prophet mohammad of Iranian soccer fans, where you can't say anything bad about him.
                      Don't get your hopes up to much this upcoming world cup, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        Both Namazi and the interviewer made some great points.

Fact:
                        Iran under CQ has been a one trick pony. Ultra-defensive boring football. Heavily relying on set-pieces and counter-attacks most of which the team is unable to convert into goals. No matter who we are playing, we play the exact same style. That's not good coaching. I don't care how solid you think your system it. We play like North Korea did in leading up to and during WC 2010 and were extemely lucky Argentina wasn't able to convert their chances again us, otherwise that game would have ended 4-1, 5-1 (that was penatly on Dejaghe).

Fact:
                        Iran has problems scoring and that's even worse when you consider that we have an abundence of gifted stikers right now. At no point has Iran had this many Strikers in European leagues, yet our coach can't utilize on that.

Fact:
                        My pubic hair would have been able to qualify to the world cup this year considering the weak group we were in. China, Uzbekistan, Qatar were pure trash, and this was the weakest Korean team in recent times. So yea, congratulations that bunch of trash teams couldn't score against us when we parked the bus for the entire qualifiying stage.

Fact:
                        The longest serving coach for TM, and his record isn't that good really. Same win percentage as Daei and Branko. Same as Daei in Asian cup, worse than Branko in Asian cup and WAFF, same as Branko in WC. An Irani or eastern european coach would not get the 2nd chance CQ after getting 1 point in the WC group stage and kicked out of the Asian cup in the 1/4 finals by a team whose country was being invaded by freaking ISIS!

Conclusion: Although he has done a decent job in Iran, I don't think he's the messiah many people make him out to be, nor is he deserving of the amount of money he's getting. He's like the prophet mohammad of Iranian soccer fans, where you can't say anything bad about him.
                        Don't get your hopes up to much this upcoming world cup, but I hope he proves me wrong.
                        All fair points, but my question would be, who other than CQ would put up with all the BS IFF and the Iranian media sends his way?

I honestly don't think we could get anyone better than CQ who could last 6 months without saying "screw this I'm out"

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          All fair points, but my question would be, who other than CQ would put up with all the BS IFF and the Iranian media sends his way?

I honestly don't think we could get anyone better than CQ who could last 6 months without saying "screw this I'm out"
                          I'd say many South American and eastern european(Branko for example) coaches are used to that type of drama and corruption and with the money being thrown out CQ, we could easily get a good Mexican or South American coach.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                            I'd say many South American and eastern european(Branko for example) coaches are used to that type of drama and corruption and with the money being thrown out CQ, we could easily get a good Mexican or South American coach.
                            Thrown out? You seem to have forgotten how much money we got from qualification. No coach from South America or eastern europe could change a generation in our football like CQ did for TM (our teams average age is 25 or so) you need to spend the money to do that not to mention that IFF made profit with CQ. Throwing money out is bringing a guy like Branco and doing nothing (in terms of new players) and leave Iran without facing your failures like post 2006 WC.
                            Last edited by Erfan11; 09-13-2017, 12:11 PM.
                            Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                              Thrown out? You seem to have forgotten how much money we got from qualification. No coach from South American or eastern european coach could change a generation in our football like CQ did for TM (our teams average age is 25 or so) you need to spend the money to do that not to mention that IFF made profit with CQ.
                              I too could not understand T's logic regarding CQ. I do respect his personal opinion, though IMHO our football owes CQ way more than just 2 back-to-back WC appearances, which by itself is an unprecedented phenomena in Iran. Our football community for the first time in its existence has seen an individual who stands strong and solid against the IFF and the entire authorities of the IR, without the slightest fear of its consequences. That alone deserves a noble prize of its own!

Our football under CQ plays pretty much what Italy has been playing for ages. Although we play it at the Asian standards!

As for Argentina's encounter, yes we were outplayed as far as possession, passing, attacking, etc. However we created more dangerous scoring opportunities than them. Add to it the uncalled clear penalty on Ashkan.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                                Thrown out? You seem to have forgotten how much money we got from qualification. No coach from South American or eastern european coach could change a generation in our football like CQ did for TM (our teams average age is 25 or so) you need to spend the money to do that not to mention that IFF made profit with CQ. Throwing money out is bringing a guy like Branco and doing nothing (in terms of new players) and leave Iran without facing your failures like post 2006 WC.
                                Lol. What change is that exactly? What has he achieved that other coaches haven't done yet?
                                He isn't the first coach to qualify for the world cup, he isn't even the first coach to take out some of the selfishness out of our playing style and focus more on passing.
                                I swear if CQ was from Serbia or Ukraine none of y'all be acting like he's the 2nd coming of Christ.

I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but let's not act like he's special, or above criticism.

Comment

Working...
                                X