CQ comments: Namazi a disgruntled past employee or an honest concerned citizen? - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: CQ comments: Namazi a disgruntled past employee or an honest concerned citizen?

  1. #31
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Erfan11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 571 Times in 199 Posts
    Rep Power
    13261


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Lol. What change is that exactly? What has he achieved that other coaches haven't done yet?
    He isn't the first coach to qualify for the world cup, he isn't even the first coach to take out some of the selfishness out of our playing style and focus more on passing.
    I swear if CQ was from Serbia or Ukraine none of y'all be acting like he's the 2nd coming of Christ.

    I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but let's not act like he's special, or above criticism.
    Your post makes no sense. Players that are playing in TM right now didn't just come around CQ found them and trusted them thats why a guy like Sardar and Jahanbakhsh who are in their 23's has been playing for TM more than 2 years tell me a TM coach who did that. Even staying more than 7 years in IRAN under those tough conditions is a success and you should be blind not to see CQ's positive impact on TM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

  2. #32
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    pdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 595 Times in 272 Posts
    Rep Power
    1071792
    The only downside of CQ I seen these past 6 years was the lineup he put last game. I expected him to give a try to all the players that didn't get any playing time. We should have gone into this game not trying to win, but giving our second team a chance.
    Otherwise CQ is way ahead of anyone we ever had as a coach.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pdot For This Useful Post:


  4. #33
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    to chah ba emam zaman
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,921
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 831 Times in 435 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949713
    Quote Originally Posted by Erfan11 View Post
    Your post makes no sense. Players that are playing in TM right now didn't just come around CQ found them and trusted them thats why a guy like Sardar and Jahanbakhsh who are in their 23's has been playing for TM more than 2 years tell me a TM coach who did that. Even staying more than 7 years in IRAN under those tough conditions is a success and you should be blind not to see CQ's positive impact on TM.
    He's staying in Iran because of money and that he basically has a cult built around him.

    Also, Branko invited Kaebi and Madanchi to TM when they were very young, so it's not really unique to CQ.
    Either an I.R or an FBI agent depending on which stranger online is labeling me because I disagree with them

  5. #34
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    pdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 595 Times in 272 Posts
    Rep Power
    1071792
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    He's staying in Iran because of money and that he basically has a cult built around him.

    Also, Branko invited Kaebi and Madanchi to TM when they were very young, so it's not really unique to CQ.
    When you say Kaebi was very young do you mean young + 4 years? lol

  6. #35
    Forum & News Staff
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    persianallstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    8,032
    Thanks
    3,116
    Thanked 2,118 Times in 985 Posts
    Rep Power
    42934466
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Fact:
    Iran under CQ has been a one trick pony. Ultra-defensive boring football. Heavily relying on set-pieces and counter-attacks most of which the team is unable to convert into goals. No matter who we are playing, we play the exact same style. That's not good coaching. I don't care how solid you think your system it. We play like North Korea did in leading up to and during WC 2010 and were extemely lucky Argentina wasn't able to convert their chances again us, otherwise that game would have ended 4-1, 5-1 (that was penatly on Dejaghe).
    With all due respect, if we played Argentina with a slightly more offensive attitude, I'm pretty sure, we would have been trashed by Argentina! Then, and only then, you can compare us to North Korea in 2010....

    We don't make it to the World Cup, everybody screams, we make it to the World Cup, even twice in a row, we still keep screaming.... unbelievable

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persianallstars For This Useful Post:


  8. #36
    Forum & News Staff
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    persianallstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    8,032
    Thanks
    3,116
    Thanked 2,118 Times in 985 Posts
    Rep Power
    42934466
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Lol. What change is that exactly? What has he achieved that other coaches haven't done yet?
    He isn't the first coach to qualify for the world cup, he isn't even the first coach to take out some of the selfishness out of our playing style and focus more on passing.
    I swear if CQ was from Serbia or Ukraine none of y'all be acting like he's the 2nd coming of Christ.

    I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but let's not act like he's special, or above criticism.
    Agreed, he might not be special, but he implemented European mentality among our players. No coach before him, even not Branco was able to put aside soosool bazi! Ask Aghili and Rahmati, how they feel right now....I can't remember the last time, a player dared to speak against him or put himself above team after the Aghili/Rahmati fiasco. Pls ask poor Khalatbari, who performed well in the 2014 qualifiers, but still was excluded from the final list. He still admires CQ and respects him.

  9. #37
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    to chah ba emam zaman
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,921
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 831 Times in 435 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949713
    Quote Originally Posted by persianallstars View Post
    With all due respect, if we played Argentina with a slightly more offensive attitude, I'm pretty sure, we would have been trashed by Argentina! Then, and only then, you can compare us to North Korea in 2010....

    We don't make it to the World Cup, everybody screams, we make it to the World Cup, even twice in a row, we still keep screaming.... unbelievable
    The only reason CQ was able to qualify for two world cups is that he was allowed to be the coach continuously for two consecutive world cups. I'd argue that under Branko we would have qualified for 2010.

    Also, I'm not against playing super defensive against a team like Argentina, that's what you have to do and hope you get lucky like we did In that game. but the problem comes when you can't score against teams weaker or equal to you because you don't have any other tactic beside playing Ultra-defensive.

    I'm not even really screaming, just pointing out that not every criticism of CQ is Irrational. He's good enough but nothing special.
    Either an I.R or an FBI agent depending on which stranger online is labeling me because I disagree with them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Members who have read this thread : 170

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 78.19 Kb. compressed to 70.73 Kb. by saving 7.45 Kb. (9.53%)]