Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ezzi and Karimi really the best MF Iran has to offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now if Ezzatollahi suspension carry over to the WC, then this is another story and change the equation, if it is two matches then he needs to find TWO other alternatives instead of ONE in DM! I have a feeling Cheshmi will be one of the options. CQ emphasis big time on physical presence and winning battles, and so far he showed he like this guy. If Saeid is out for more than one game, then i think Cheshmi may actually start, anyway we are still in early season and lots of things can change.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Now if Ezzatollahi suspension carry over to the WC, then this is another story and change the equation, if it is two matches then he needs to find TWO other alternatives instead of ONE in DM! I have a feeling Cheshmi will be one of the options. CQ emphasis big time on physical presence and winning battles, and so far he showed he like this guy. If Saeid is out for more than one game, then i think Cheshmi may actually start, anyway we are still in early season and lots of things can change.
      Maybe I'm missing something, but I for the life of me can't understand what's special about Ezzi. He seems like a generic physical CDM. Basically a younger/quicker Maziar Zare. Like he isn't terrible, but I just can't see how he's regarded so highly compared to most other CDM in Iran. Plus his attitude is liability (it wasn't just the Korea foul).

Comment

This is a valid discussion.

I can only speak for Ezatolahi as a special case that his age and potential warrants his selection as an exception. CQ has practically built his midfield around him.

AK is, for me, not worthy of selection as his form is non existent and he is replaceable.

Historically I've always been very pro our players going to Europe but it is insulting to the other professionals if his location is given more consideration than his form or match fitness.

The question itself, should a player be selected/play internationally if he isn't playing at club level, ultimately depends on the coaches preference and faith in the abilities of those players. He does run a big risk of alienating himself from the entire talent pool of Iranian midfielders by showing such bias. Also he risks not getting the best out of the two players in question as there is a distinct lack of competition for places if he's playing them regardless.

But this is Carlos Quieroz. I think most people on here will accept that he has earned the right to make decisions like this.

Comment

Ebrahimi and Ezzi was a great combo. I hope to se Ebrahimi in TM soon again.

Comment

IMO Ezatolahi and Hajsafi are the best option at the moment.

Comment

Are Ezzi and Karimi really the best MF Iran has to offer?

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
              Ebrahimi and Ezzi was a great combo. I hope to se Ebrahimi in TM soon again.
              Agreed, out of all recent combinations I preferred the Ebrahimi-Ezatolahi one the most, they worked great together. Ehsan and Saeid seem to be on an off, and not great with the ball when together in MF.

I hope to see Kamyabinia-Saeid tried out as well however neither is a great passer so that would be an issue, especially for circulating more complicated long balls quickly forward. Same would apply for Cheshmi-Saeid.

At least one of the two needs to be good fairly consistent passer, like Ebrahimi, Karimi, Hajsafi to some extent. Nourafkan could be one for the future but in my opinion he isn't really ready yet, but who knows what can happen in a full year. Unfortunately it looks like high quality options are fairly limited in this position at the moment

Comment

Every game I've watched involving Iranian clubs has demonstrated 'decision-making' to be an alien aspect to these players. I'm not surprised to see CQ staying away from anyone without a European pedigree/education in football where possible. I don't want to do the IPL a disservice but it's basically only a professional league in name.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Maybe I'm missing something, but I for the life of me can't understand what's special about Ezzi. He seems like a generic physical CDM. Basically a younger/quicker Maziar Zare. Like he isn't terrible, but I just can't see how he's regarded so highly compared to most other CDM in Iran. Plus his attitude is liability (it wasn't just the Korea foul).
                  I think people look at Ezzatollahi as Nekounam replacement(in level of offensive contribution), and that will never happen, he is type of defensive midfielder who play closer to his defenders compare to Nekounam(who had Ando next to him which was more involved in defensive duties) and take less risk, he wins lots of battles because of his physical presence, anyway it was really disappointing season for him so far.

Comment

I think its based on selection that fits the tactic.

The reason Ezatolahi plays is the same reason Nekounam played, its the physical style of play, ball control, (and hopefully soon with Ezatolahi he will add the distribution as well). Ali Karimi & Hajsafi (especially Hajsafi) play because they run nonstop, put on pressure, and make/ force interceptions; same reason Teymourain used to play.

The thing is, these two different DM's compliment each other and fits well into our tactic. The thing with Ebrahimi and kamyabinia is that they both have one thing in common, they are both very short for that position, and they don't necessarily fit as well with the requirements needed for both the DM positions. I think that is the main reason why they are not given playing time.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I think CQ will opt more for the Ezi-Hajsafi combo as DM rather than AK. Even Ebrahimi I'll likely get more of a chance than AK.

At the moment, the most ready DMs we have are Ebahimi and Kamyabinia. Ezi doesn't get enough playing time and when he does (both for TM and for club) he shows a lot of immaturity in his game, which is fine bc he's only 21 or so but when we are talking about a starting role in the WC, that will be an issue.

The problem at hand is that given Ezi's physique and skill set he's undoubtedly the best equipt to stand strong against a good European or South American team that we are guaranteed to run in to. While Ebrahimi and Kamyabinia are good, they will need a ton of quality friendliest between now and then to get ready which we all know is a long shot.

Hajsafi is not a natural DM but he's had some good games there for TM. He's a liability on D at times but he's great in transition and on his good days he's real good. I expect CQ to go with that lineup more than the others but I also expect him to use Ebrahimi and maybe Kamyabinia as well in friendlies. CQ has given PGL players a bigger role since 2014 and that's why he values friendlies/camps a lot.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        One of our members was kind enough to contact me Via Twitter and make an appeal to Webby to allow me back. Webby was kind enough to give me one last chance.
                        Sorry for continuing the broken record, but good to have you back

Comment

No, we also have the sexy, handsome eyes Kamyabinia. With his Blue sexy eyes he distracts opponents (kinda like Superman) in which gives him maneuver with the ball and creates plays/score goals.

Comment

Ezatollahi and Ebrahimi are the best together.

Karimi has actually played well for TM, but he needs the other midfielder to do dirty work.

But our best option hands down is a fit Ezzi and ebrahimi.

Ebrahimi is a quick thinker and excellent ball distributor, and Ezzi should be able to win against 95% of midfielders in the air and in physical battles.
                            Ebrahimi is also a good free kick taker and has a good shot.
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I would like to see Noorafkan tested in the upcoming friendlies

Comment

Hear me out: What if we play Ghoddos at CM?

IMO he's got the physicality to play at the position and could be a more offensive piece to a more defensive counterpart in Ezatolahi.

Beiranvand

Rezaeian PAG Hosseini Milad Mo

Ezatolahi
                                Ghoddos

Jahanbakhsh/Torabi Dejagah Taremi

Azmoun

Comment

Working...
                                X