Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ezzi and Karimi really the best MF Iran has to offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I for the life of me can't understand what's special about Ezzi. He seems like a generic physical CDM. Basically a younger/quicker Maziar Zare. Like he isn't terrible, but I just can't see how he's regarded so highly compared to most other CDM in Iran.
    I agree to this somewhat ..! He is & certainly has been overrated ..!
    If omid had his physique, he woulda certainly been the far more competent package for our DM position.

But talking about overrated none comes even close to Haj Safi on that front. He is certainly the most avg. & underwhelming Reg. Starter ever in CQ's TM...! Wonder how long it'll take before he's finally benched more frequently ..!? Looks like it'll be quiet a while a la Karim ansarifard...!

Comment

Ezatolahi is the most talented midfielder we have atm, he is young and plays in an important position, he is developing. At any rate he should always start if he is in good shape, Ebrahimi and Kamyabinia are the best options next to Ezatolahi imo. Hajsafi should be in the list because he is versatile. So i'd bring these four to the world cup, if one or more of them are injured or in poor form i would opt for Cheshmi and Karimi as their back up. So we have a list of 6 decent defensive/central midfielders, and that's not too shabby amigo's

Comment

I think the bigger issue is that Hajsafi isn't good enough for a starting berth in central midfield. He's a decent utility player to have but we're really struggling for options if he's the best we have to start.

With Ezza and Karimi we've 2 tall, physically imposing defensive central mids who are both technically good (for their size). Ezza in particular has huge potential and has shown glimpses of what he is capable of and where he might develop - specifically he needs to improve his distribution and decision making and look to use his decent control and size to drive forward with the ball more. But having Hajsafi as the other central midfielder doesn't compliment them - he brings no outstanding attributes to the central mid berth and I don't think his positional sense is good enough for him to play there.

Personally I think we're desperate for a high intensity presser - someone who's able to win the ball high, can keep it in tight spaces and is able to pick an intelligent pass. An Iranian Marco Verratti, if you will... (in our dreams). I haven't seen enough of the PGL players to say which of these is closest to that style of player - anyone brave enough to label one of them as having the potential to be the Iranian Marco Verratti?

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
          I think the bigger issue is that Hajsafi isn't good enough for a starting berth in central midfield. He's a decent utility player to have but we're really struggling for options if he's the best we have to start.

With Ezza and Karimi we've 2 tall, physically imposing defensive central mids who are both technically good (for their size). Ezza in particular has huge potential and has shown glimpses of what he is capable of and where he might develop - specifically he needs to improve his distribution and decision making and look to use his decent control and size to drive forward with the ball more. But having Hajsafi as the other central midfielder doesn't compliment them - he brings no outstanding attributes to the central mid berth and I don't think his positional sense is good enough for him to play there.

Personally I think we're desperate for a high intensity presser - someone who's able to win the ball high, can keep it in tight spaces and is able to pick an intelligent pass. An Iranian Marco Verratti, if you will... (in our dreams). I haven't seen enough of the PGL players to say which of these is closest to that style of player - anyone brave enough to label one of them as having the potential to be the Iranian Marco Verratti?
          excellent analytic post all around. especially the bold..!
          this pretty much sums up my annoyance with Ehsan getting 90 minutes all so damn frequently in TM games..!! sure he runs a lot and all game is like everywhere, but at the same time its as if he is no where at all..! as you said he lacks positional sense and just goes missing in scheme of play for large intervals of the every damn game..!! on few occasions that ball falls for him or a big space opens for him to push forward, he almost always ends up chocking or having a horrible final touch..!
          i know he is top lad with a great personality & all, but its really frustrating watching us play as if one man short with him in the mix..!! his situation is so reminiscent of Carlos's earlier insistence to keep on playing and ineffective and lost-in-scheme of play Ansarifard uptop in pre-Sardar TM era ..!!

Saied in good Fitness and Form is nearly a Must for our possible advancement outa WC groups or even for a decent attempt at it..!! Omid is getting up there in age and even if fit, he is too small frame to have any meaningful impact at DM at WC levels ..! Karimi shows tremendous poise and vision in MF with good movement with or W/O ball and pretty decent touch on short passes but he just seems a bit maast and kond, his Tenacity and Tackling abilities leaves Much more still to be desired..!
          at least he has the decent size and youth still on his side in order to possibly remedy those shortcomings ...? but being Clubless still and seemingly heading back to IPL, makes you wonder if he stands any chance of being truly ready for WC action...!!?
          honestly if Ando regains 3/4 of his old fitness and form this season and Saeed was to recover his massively dipped fitness with his loan move, they'd be my favored Starting DM Duo at WC..!!

Comment

Working...
          X