Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ezzi and Karimi really the best MF Iran has to offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand potential, but at what point does that become irrelevant?

This isn't just a typical Iranian freaking out because of one game. This is a problem which has been going on for a long time.
    Ezzi has played a total of 22 club games since 2015, and Ali Karmi spent the last season braiding his butt-hair on a bench in Croatia.

Not saying their career is over or that they shouldn't be invited to TM, but I genuinely interested to see someone make an argument how these players which don't get any playing time are better than players like Kamybinia who are regular starters for their teams and play very well.

Also, doesn't this deter Iranian players from actually trying? I mean why try to preform well, when no matter how good you play, some bache gets to start over you because he is sitting on a bench in an "European" league?

I don't have a problem with CQ tactically, but I find his player selection more than questionable. It's almost as if he doesn't respect Iranian players who in Iran, not matter how good they are.

Anyways, discuss.

Hey you're back, thought you got a permanent ban....? But as for your question that's because most players in Iran suck. CQ doing this would encourage Iranians to go to Europe so CQ would select them. It's about time someone encourages this mentality, our league is trash and players shouldn't be staying in it.

Comment

So IMO, the best MF Iran currently has to offer is Omid Ebrahimi, closely followed by Saeid and Kamyabinia, but neither are as good as some of the players in other positions.

However Ebrahimi or Kamyabinia on WC stage will not be that special. Saeid has the potential to be our best MF, however I don't think he currently is, in fact, except being superior physically to Ebrahimi, based on all games I saw from these two the latter is better than Saeid at almost everything.

It then comes down to CQ's personal preferences I guess, he's playing Ezatolahi the most because he's investing in youth and on his potential. Sometimes he does pick Iran based players over legionnaires rightfully like he does with Taremi, but I tend to agree with you generally speaking about defensive midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
        Hey you're back, thought you got a permanent ban....?
        One of our members was kind enough to contact me Via Twitter and make an appeal to Webby to allow me back. Webby was kind enough to give me one last chance.

Comment

Hey you're back, thought you got a permanent ban....? But as for your question that's because most players in Iran suck. CQ doing this would encourage Iranians to go to Europe so CQ would select them. It's about time someone encourages this mentality, our league is trash and players shouldn't be staying in it.
          I wouldn't say our league is trash. It's not the best in Asia, but our top 5 teams would be able to beat bottom-five Russian and Croat teams. Also I'm all for our playing in europe, But the key is "playing", not consistantly being bench warmers in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            I wouldn't say our league is trash. It's not the best in Asia, but our top 5 teams would be able to beat bottom-five Russian and Croat teams. Also I'm all for our playing in europe, But the key is "playing", not consistantly being bench warmers in europe.
            Our top 5 teams get beaten out by teams from the UAE mate, remember last year? And quality aside, even those bottom level Croatian and Russian teams at least have proper training facilities and professionalism which is vital for player development.

Comment

It really depends what kind of style CQ wants.

In terms of an attacking midfielder or a play maker, I think its pretty clear CQ doesn't trust/believe any of the players in Iran.

Additionally CQ loves destroyer type DMs, thats why we used to have people like Nekounam and Teymourian bossing the middle. They would kill the attack, but were very reliable defensively.

Ezatollahi is in a horrible slump right now, but he is a Champions League tested (successfully I might add) 20 year old who is blessed with great technique, physical strength and a level of elegance most of our players don't have.
              He is a modern midfielder.

I think Ebrahimi is the next closest, but I don't rate him highly - physically he can not handle international football. I remember even in the Guam game he was struggling with the physicality of the opponents.

Shojaeian in another world, might have been a choice too, but if TM ends up in a group with 3 attacking teams, he won't have a chance.

Comment

Our top 5 teams get beaten out by teams from the UAE mate, remember last year? And quality aside, even those bottom level Croatian and Russian teams at least have proper training facilities and professionalism which is vital for player development.
                Sure, and I would argue that the best Emarati teams would also beat bottom five Russians teams.

Comment

yeah in reality only PP might be able to do something against bottom russian, greek teams. SS literally got raped so badly by Al ain i wouldnt even want to see them on the same pitch as a european team

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    yeah in reality only PP might be able to do something against bottom russian, greek teams. SS literally got raped so badly by Al ain i wouldnt even want to see them on the same pitch as a european team
                    Greek teams aren't that good man, if you remove the top two/three teams their league wouldn't be better than PGL

Comment

I wish Milad Sarlak would get an invite to one of these upcoming camps. I think he would surprise many sort of like Cheshmi.
                      CQ should call him up and begin to polish him for the future

Comment

I would like to see Dariush Shojaeian called up

Comment

IMO, Right now, Kamyabinia is the best DM Iran has to offer. Hope to see him start at the WC.

Comment

As we talk we kind of suffer in this position, but Ezzatollahi is by far the best option following by Ebrahimi, but as it was discussed i am not convinced if Ebrahimi can manage to perform well against some tough opponents in WC, don't also forget in 2014 with Nekounam and Teymourian we had two very experienced DM who had some top European leagues experience, and knowing CQ rely big time on his DM i am sure beside the goalkeeping, this also causing him some sort of headaches.
                            There are three big questions marks regarding to TM line-up:
                            1) Who will be the number one goalkeeper?
                            2) Who will be paired with Pouralganji as CD?
                            and
                            3) Who will play next to Ezzatollahi as DM?
                            Either way, i highly doubt he use the same line-up in three matches, we always suffered in 3rd match as Iran National Team was never built to play every 4-5 days in such an intense tournament, so i am sure he won't repeat the Bosnia's game mistake and probably use a different line-up, of course all depending to the table situation.

Comment

I miss Teymourian on the midfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X