AFC OPENS INVESTIGATION INTO REPORTED REGULATION BREACHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC OPENS INVESTIGATION INTO REPORTED REGULATION BREACHES

Kuala Lumpur: The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) have begun investigations following reports of breaches of regulations at the FIFA World Cup 2018 Asian Final Round Qualifying matches played on September 5, 2017. The AFC is currently waiting to receive all relevant reports before proceeding with the next steps.
    The AFC will also co-operate with the world governing body, FIFA, to provide the necessary reports on matters which fall within the jurisdiction of FIFA.
    In June, the AFC wrote to its Member Associations reiterating that all stakeholders involved in Asian football must respect the principle of political neutrality.
    The letter sent by the AFC stressed that the principle is a cornerstone of both the AFC and of the international sporting movement, and is reflected in Article 3.2 of the AFC Statutes which states: “the AFC is neutral in all matters of politics and religion”.
    It added that Member Associations are also bound by Article 14.4 which says: “Member Associations shall manage their affairs independently and without undue influence from third parties”.
    The letter continued: “The AFC calls on all stakeholders to respect these fundamental principles moving forward. In this regard, the AFC reiterates Article 6 of the Statutes which states: “every person and organisation directly or indirectly bound by these statutes must observe these statutes and any regulations, directives, and decisions of the AFC.”
    http://www.the-afc.com/media-release...ation-breaches
    Guys i guess Australian football federation has opened a lawsuit on saudi. Some reports claimed there was some matchfixing. And i have gone through some saudi forums and their fanz r shitting their pants from this news. And i guess if they r found guilty they will lose points. This byitself deserves a thread and hope at last some justice happens afterall what saudi did to us in football after all these years

I read those reports. It says political neutrality. Well guess which game it is!!! What does political neutrality has to do with japan. Saudis. And aussies?!!

Comment

No, because it was rasied by the australian federation.. so who would it be other than saudi ???

Comment

The Japanese were not themselves. they let a lot of space or saudis. I could not believe how the japanese were spread on the field without any plan. Saudis have money and could have bought the japanese players. After all they are professional players and play in europe or money. Japanese football assoiation would probably turn the blind eye if their players were making extra money. They had qualified already. The game was played in Saudi arabia so anything is possible to happen the night before the match. All this is just theory so they do need to look into it.

Comment

Ok if it was raised by aussies then yes maybe.

Comment

Yeah, there is no concrete proof yet but i never doubt the saudis have done it whether aussies win the case or not.

Comment

Taj has already said this has nothing to do with Iran

Comment

I read the arabic tweets. They are talking not only saudi and japan but also iran and syria. Im starting to get worried!!

Comment

Originally posted by karimi_jaadogar View Post
                  Yeah, there is no concrete proof yet but i never doubt the saudis have done it whether aussies win the case or not.
                  . I read in twitter that there is an audio evidence on saudi japan game

Comment

saudis are strange people, they are killing yemeni people as sheep with no logic. they are ruthless and would do anything to win. An australian friend was worried about collusion before the game of UAE and saudi. and he was surprised they did not.

Comment

Looks like Saudis got in the WC 2018 for 4 days and are about to exit!! and I never thought they can out do their 8-0 disaster!! Another record for them!!!

Comment

3 weeks from now:

Kuala Lampur - Saudi's just forgot to pay us last month. We good now never mind.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

They should investigate iran-syria, seemed fishy aswell.

Comment

whats this all about anyways ..?
                            may be Aussies lodging a complaint about those early suspicious results of Saudies..? like vs Thailand..??
                            anyways you'd think professional federations like Australia's wouldnt lodge such complaints if they didnt have some hard proofs..!! not a bunch of bs suspicions ..!
                            ps
                            i hope we dont get dragged into this bs drama due to Syria's score...!! we got enough issues of our own to deal with preparing for WC..!!

Comment

Some people here are ridiculous. Without some smoking gun saying we fixed the match, there is ZERO reasonable argument that Iran fixed that match. All these conspiracy theories are ridiculous and stupid. Out of any team we played, Syria was the most active and playing adventurous football. Did we miss our goals on purpose? We miss wide open nets every game, and rarely score 2 goals. Did we fix our other 9 matches by missing shots we could have scored?

Is it the fact that no team previously attempted to challenge our goal, while Syria did? Syria was pressing at many points during the game in Azadi. No other teams tried that. We had an unlucky game and a hungry opponent. This does not equate to match-fixing. Some want to excuse TM's poor performance defensively with some bulls**t. We tied guys. The game wasn't fixed. Who cares if Syria goes over Uzbekistan? Seriously.

If Qatar doesn't get investigated for the 2014 match against Uzbekistan where they obviously fixed, us conceding a last minute equalizer should not be either. I think some people here just want the drama, like 13 year old girls. They want a story. No story here folks, bad game. Ansari isn't TM level. We need Montazeri with PAG in WC, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X