Suspicious about the second Syrian goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
    True. Not one of his good days for sure. It happens to the best of the world! Look how Bravo of Chile have conceded 5 goals in two matches against average teams. I think Beiranvand considering his 12 straight Clean Sheet (WCQ record) & 17 CS altogether can be forgiven for his lone mistake in 1150 minutes of football.
    Keeping a clean sheet is great but it's not hard to do when your defense won't allow opponents a single shot on goal. Problem with Beyranvand is when the defense is having an off day he's unreliable. He's given up soft goals both in ACL and in the last derby. Not saying we have better options. After Abedzadeh we just don't have the kind of keepers that can save the team when the opponent is getting lots of looks on goal. That we get rarely scored on despite this is proof of CQ's tactical strength.

Comment

Syrian commentator breaks out in tears...

I am just going to leave this here:
      https://mobile.twitter.com/i_NJR_YT/...160769/video/1

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by rnazer View Post
        We Don't Suck. We SUCKED against Syria. We didn't try to get scored on purposely. Get over it.
        Claims w/o any proof what so ever, nice bro!

Comment

for some reason we played a very open game, back line was wide open, we usually defend well, thats not CQ style, should use jalal hosseini more but he is getting old

Comment

I have a question for you guys.

What color is your hair? Now move into a room with a different shade of light...what color is your hair now? Now move into a dark room and ask a stranger what your hair color is. What does the stranger say?

We played a good game. Syrians played to win. We were qualified for the world cup and hence did not need to put all our hearts into this game. Those are the facts. So what color is your hair?
            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
                Can we just all admit that we let them tie, and forget this ever existed? I don't want this to hurt us.

Comment

if you guys really want something to investigate, go watch haghighi's positioning for bosnia's goals in 2014.

Comment

very poor defending. who is the last guy? poorghaaz? he runs back continuously and does nto challenge the sysrian player. when syrian player is ready to shoot from three meters rom him he strethes his legs. this deender needd to go ghaz charani. dont blame anyone else

Comment

good idea, close it

Comment

It is regularly the case that a team who has already qualified for a tournament is less motivated to win than a team who need the points desperately. However, analysis of the match highlights effectively excludes match-fixing for a number of reasons:
                        1. If the match was to be fixed, the Iranians would have allowed the Syrians to win the game as a win would have given the Syrians a good chance of second spot in Group A and automatic qualification for the World Cup, rather than having to face Australia and then a team from CONCACAF in order to book their spot.
                        2. The first Syrian goal came from a rebound from a save by the Iranian goalkeeper and was put away in the corner leaving the keeper no chance to save.
                        3. Iran subsequently scored two goals and came very close to scoring more – only being kept at bay due to good saves by the Syrian goalkeeper and also by the crossbar on 57 minutes.
                        4. The Iranian goalkeeper saved a Syrian free-kick on 76 minutes.
                        5. On 89 minutes only an excellent save by the Syrian goalkeeper prevented Iran making the score 3-1 after an Iranian forward made a determined run and fierce shot on target.
                        6. The Syrian equaliser came in the third minute of added on time, with less than two minutes to play. Any deliberate match-fixing attempt would hardly leave it so late.
                        7. The equaliser came from a good move by Iran finished off effectively by Omar Al-Soma who slipped the ball between the keeper’s legs, with nothing suspicious in its execution.
                        Although the Syrian tears of joy at the equaliser were matched by Uzbek tears of sadness, any keyboard warriors hoping the result will be overturned by FIFA are unlikely to have their dreams fulfilled.
                        http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2...n-syria-match/

Comment

Even if we did sell this match or draw on purpose..

Would you be happier proving this match was fixed, have TM banned for 2 years from all competitions, just to know that Syrians would never ever had the chance to have a draw with us?

Or would be better even if we for 100% know that this was fixed, just pretending that the it wasn't and not risk the ban?

O yeah, btw, no way on earth this match was fixed. I don't get the fuss either, it's not like we lost... Syria with some luck scored the equaliser and drew with us, they didn't win and weren't the better team and it didn't hurt us in anyway or form...

Comment

If any of you have every played football, you would realize how difficult it is to rig a game.
                            If you rig a game, the only way you can usually do it is to buy the ref, not score a TYING goal in the 3rd of minute of stoppage time.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              The most problematic thing with CQ
                              That is the first thought I had when I saw the lineups CQ had for this game. He has played the consistent 13 players the entire qualification campaign. He should have used mostly backup players who were motivated to show how they could perform. It's kind of disappointing that we not only tied a meaningless game, but we didn't even get to see what our backup players can do.

Comment

^ using the bench warmers, yes would have been a good idea but if we had lost 2-0 then how would some people be reacting here? look at the reaction for 2-2

Comment

Working...
                                X