Suspicious about the second Syrian goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else also noticed some odd things in the injury time ? We were leading 2-1 at home, yet when Beiranvand gets a goal kick in the 92nd minute he rushes to take it as if we are the losing team. Usually in all my life watching football, when a team is winning and the gk gets a goal kick at that stage in a game, he will walk to get the ball, walk to place it, slowly back away, spit in his gloves, wave to his players to go up and take a long run up before kicking it high upfield. Beiranvand did none of that, he rushed to get a ball and took a quick poor goal kick.

Second strange thing, we were winning 2-1 in injury time, yet we were attacking with 8 players ! why ? Even if Real Madrid is leading Getafe 2-1, in injury time, they will never have 8 players in Getafe's half of the field ! They would play safe and wait for a good counter but no ! Iran had 8 players in the Syrian half for no reason again as if they are the losing team ! very unusual.

Lastly and the most revealing or shocking of all, on the Syrian attack that leads up to the goal, watch Pouraliganji's movement closely. At first, he is the one marking Al Soma, the goalscorer. Then, for absolutely no reason at all, he moves away from Al Soma to go mark: nobody at all !! He just moves away from him as if "go score this is your chance!" It just makes absolutely no sense at all ! Not just from a defense that conceded 0 goals in 12 games, but from any defender in general. He even seems to make sure Al Soma stays onside but moving back for nothing. Watch closely !

I believe some Iranian players (not all) felt cruel and harsh destroying the Syrian dreams and wanted to do their best at "giving them a shot". Just watch those things and you'll see for yourselves.
    KHAZIRAVI 4 LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Can we please forget about this before we shoot ourselves in the foot?

Comment

The game was or is over.

Good points were stated by PFDC members such as Iranian players were or looked tired from long trip to Korea. Iran had four easy goal chances which missed.

I would not study the team like you did. Syrian do NOT love Iran or Iranians. This much we know.

Syria has good players who could score. The game is over, let us focus on our future, as a nation, because we have deeper problems with Mullahs and other corrupt people in the IFF. Thank you.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Does that mean you agree ?

Comment

Originally posted by sycho67 View Post
          Does that mean you agree ?
          Read the comments posted. Read what I wrote.

Move on and focus on better things. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
            Read the comments posted. Read what I wrote.

Move on and focus on better things. Thank you.
            I meant Bessos not you. You didn't really address what I wrote, talking about mullahs etc.. I'm here to discuss football, not to receive lessons.

Comment

There is just no way that after their disrespectful behaviour from the first leg Iranian players let them score intentionally. You have some good points, especially about Beiranvands rush but I just think that Cheshmi was an idiot for not giving the ball to Azmoun. Look how this idiot turns back and passes to Ramin. IMO Cheshmi was at fault for our second goal.
              If this match was fixed then TM would let them win.

Comment

There was no tabani. Sorry this is the best Iran can play. We were in a very weak group. In fact the whole Asia is down from Football standpoint. We act all mighty and all having clean sheets prior to yesterday's game. The fact of the matter is that no team tested us, meaning no team was capable of testing us because they were so weak. With the exception of Ashkan and at times Taremi, the rest of our players are suspect at best. And the one player that should be playing is banned because of political reasons.
                Unless something drastically changes between now and next year's world cup, we will once again fail to make it to the 2nd round of the world cup having attained perhaps 1 point from 3 matches only.

Comment

Beiranvand was definitely suspect on that second goal.

Al Soma's shot is in line with Beiranvand's right foot.

As the ball gets closer to him, Beiranvand bends his right knee instead stopping the ball with his right foot. This creates the gap between his legs in the path of the ball that did not previously exist.

It's subtle, so you might not see it. Just look at how Beiranvand's right foot just touches the tip of the white line. In the second image, as the ball comes closer, Beiranvand's right foot is further up the white line. This creates just enough space for the ball to go out of the path of his right foot, and right between his legs.

Now I'm no goalkeeper, but it seems trivial to kick the ball that is coming towards your foot, not make way for it.

Maybe just a bad day at the office.

Comment

Please close this silly thread. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      Beiranvand was definitely suspect on that second goal.

Al Soma's shot is in line with Beiranvand's right foot.

As the ball gets closer to him, Beiranvand bends his right knee instead stopping the ball with his right foot. This creates the gap between his legs in the path of the ball that did not previously exist.

It's subtle, so you might not see it. Just look at how Beiranvand's right foot just touches the tip of the white line. In the second image, as the ball comes closer, Beiranvand's right foot is further up the white line. This creates just enough space for the ball to go out of the path of his right foot, and right between his legs.

Now I'm no goalkeeper, but it seems trivial to kick the ball that is coming towards your foot, not make way for it.

Maybe just a bad day at the office.
                      I am not sure if you have ever played goalie or not but one of the toughest shots from that angle is a shot directly to the goalie believe it or not. The goalie thinking about a shot to the far right corner or the left corner. It is so easy to be monday morning quarterback. At that time during that situation you have to make split second decision. He stuck his leg out thinking the shot was going to far right corner and the ball went between his legs. There was absolutely no tabani in this game. Let's stop fooling ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                        Please close this silly thread. Thank you.
                        Please close your mouth if you got nothing constructive to say, thank you, you're cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                          There is just no way that after their disrespectful behaviour from the first leg Iranian players let them score intentionally. You have some good points, especially about Beiranvands rush but I just think that Cheshmi was an idiot for not giving the ball to Azmoun. Look how this idiot turns back and passes to Ramin. IMO Cheshmi was at fault for our second goal.
                          If this match was fixed then TM would let them win.
                          Ok for Cheshmi. But why did we have 8 players up leading 2-1 in the 92nd minute ? It doesn't make sense does it ? And what about Pouraliganji's strange movement away from AlSoma on the goal ?

Comment

^^ people are tired of all the arguments we are trying to bring to the table, so it was something else than just a horrible game from Team Melli. So to justify it was out of our hands ; we sold the game!

If we had any other coach, maybe, but with King Q IMPOSSIBLE.

And please lets keep respect for eachother posting here.
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by sycho67 View Post
                              Ok for Cheshmi. But why did we have 8 players up leading 2-1 in the 92nd minute ? It doesn't make sense does it ? And what about Pouraliganji's strange movement away from AlSoma on the goal ?
                              You are reaching my friend. If there was any tabani, they would not wait until the last minute of the game to score. There is way too much risk with that. The referee could have blown the whistle any second and Iran would have won 2-1. No there was no tabani. Syria was hungry in this game and they got the result they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X