Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality Check ...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

"Reality Check" is defined to be an occasion on which one is reminded of the state of things in the real world.

And I guess, you can call the game with Syria today as a Reality Check for Iranian football.

There is no doubt that our football has experienced much improvements in the past few years, thanks to better quality players and a super smart coach, but let us not forget, that our football is still very much considered to be sick in many aspects and in need of real remedy. Look at our clubs, facilities, youth development programs, under 16, 19, and 23 national teams, look at who are running our federation, etc. etc.

Unfortunately almost everyone including players, coach and the fans, got disillusioned that the game today was about setting a record for no defeat and no goal conceded. Like the world really cared if Iran is the holder of that record!... There are other more basic records we have yet to hit!!

Let us be smarter next time ...

People are now saying/believing the 2-2 draw was matched fixed, Jesus Christ...

Edit: Also people wondering how we drawed 0-0 w/ SK w/ 10 men but draw 2-2 with 11 man at home...

Comment

Reality check: this thread sucks ass. How can you be so pessimistic?
      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Here we have another individual who doesnt give a fuck about TM all year, first game we dont get a great result, comes to spread his shitty pessimistic opinion. France tied to fucking luxembourg at home yesterday. Luxembourg, a team with absolutely nothing to ever play for, literally a dot . Beiranvand fucked up twice today, as did ramin with a needless retarded give away that led to goal number two. And we missed a shit ton of chances. This wasnt a reality check. It gave us some things to think about, but not a game we needed to win or get up for. You could tell the motivation was lacking on the part of the players. this thread should be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Here we have another individual who doesnt give a fuck about TM all year, first game we dont get a great result, comes to spread his shitty pessimistic opinion. France tied to fucking luxembourg at home yesterday. Luxembourg, a team with absolutely nothing to ever play for, literally a dot . Beiranvand fucked up twice today, as did ramin with a needless retarded give away that led to goal number two. And we missed a shit ton of chances. This wasnt a reality check. It gave us some things to think about, but not a game we needed to win or get up for. You could tell the motivation was lacking on the part of the players. this thread should be closed.
          I have a different opinion for what needs to be closed ....do you know what that is?

Comment

For those who keep panicking, just remember that Argentina.. YES ARGENTINA, just tied Venezuela (THE BOTTOM TEAM IN CONMEBOL), 1-1... IN ARGENTINA

Comment

We will be fine... Lol

One tie isn't the end of the world. Here are a few wishes I have before our next team melli match:

1) Ezatolahi is back and in form.. we need him playing well... its a must

2) Ghoddos being introduced to our 1st team

3) Ali Karimi and Dejagah finding not just any club, but good clubs that play them

4) No more Pourghaz lol

Comment

Real reality check:

1) we qualified top of our group and the first team from Asia (only after host Russia and Brazil)
                2) we set a record for most WCQ games with a clean sheet
                3) we've been the number 1 team in Asia for more years than I can remember
                4) CQ is still our coach
                5) TM is the most cohesive I've every seen and work their tail off for team and country (example: can't help but love Dejagah's hustle and leadership)
                6) we'll probably be one of the most under-rated teams in the WC and can only go up in stature as the dark horse in the group stage
                7) we proved our superiority against SK...twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  People are now saying/believing the 2-2 draw was matched fixed, Jesus Christ...
                  Edit: Also people wondering how we drawed 0-0 w/ SK w/ 10 men but draw 2-2 with 11 man at home...
                  Syria played well. Their first goal was a complete surprise to our team, however their second goal seemed suspicious to me and more like a gift from Iran to Syria.
                  At times Team Melli are told to draw matches just like 0-0 with Iraq at the 1989 Peace and Friendship Games in Kuwait, some game with Palestine which was either West Asian Games or West Asia Football Federation Cup the first tournament and now this game.

Although throughout history there were many games fixed against us like Iran vs Iraq in 1994 World Cup Qualification, Bahrain vs Iran in 2002 World Cup Qualification, China vs Iran in 2004 Asia Cup, Iran vs Iraq in 2015 Asia Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                    Syria played well. Their first goal was a complete surprise to our team, however their second goal seemed suspicious to me and more like a gift from Iran to Syria.
                    At times Team Melli are told to draw matches just like 0-0 with Iraq at the 1989 Peace and Friendship Games in Kuwait, some game with Palestine which was either West Asian Games or West Asia Football Federation Cup the first tournament and now this game.

Although throughout history there were many games fixed against us like Iran vs Iraq in 1994 World Cup Qualification, Bahrain vs Iran in 2002 World Cup Qualification, China vs Iran in 2004 Asia Cup, Iran vs Iraq in 2015 Asia Cup.
                    This game has certainly risen my suspicion. I mean how could we have all those games where we keep a clean sheet as well as virtually zero shots on target against us including the recent Seoul game, then all of a sudden let in 2 easy goals like this.

I pray to god TM did not give away the game on purpose.

Comment

their is nothing wrong with being realistic , but this is just being an oppertunist (did i write that right ) !
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        This game has certainly risen my suspicion. I mean how could we have all those games where we keep a clean sheet as well as virtually zero shots on target against us including the recent Seoul game, then all of a sudden let in 2 easy goals like this.

I pray to god TM did not give away the game on purpose.
                        I think it was planned ahead, putting "Gheyrati" people like Teymourian, Shojaei and Dan Gaspar aside. Perhaps these people would stand up to the match-fixers. This time AFC also did not hesitate to schedule matches at different times instead of all last group matches being played at the same time. They ensured Saudi Arabia qualify for the World Cup. From the beginning the Group selection was already suspicious when they paired Iran together with Korea, Qatar, Uzbekistan teams from our group from the previous World Cup campaign and Australia, Japan, Iraq together. Sporting World is very dirty Olympic Games is a very good example.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                          I think it was planned ahead, putting "Gheyrati" people like Teymourian, Shojaei and Dan Gaspar aside. Perhaps these people would stand up to the match-fixers. This time AFC also did not hesitate to schedule matches at different times instead of all last group matches being played at the same time. They ensured Saudi Arabia qualify for the World Cup. From the beginning the Group selection was already suspicious when they paired Iran together with Korea, Qatar, Uzbekistan teams from our group from the previous World Cup campaign and Australia, Japan, Iraq together. Sporting World is very dirty Olympic Games is a very good example.
                          GOH you really think CQ would throw a game? you really think they'd leave it to last minute to let syria draw? what if that syria player missed the goal on their last chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            Ladies and Gentlemen,
                            "Reality Check" is defined to be an occasion on which one is reminded of the state of things in the real world.
                            And I guess, you can call the game with Syria today as a Reality Check for Iranian football.
                            There is no doubt that our football has experienced much improvements in the past few years, thanks to better quality players and a super smart coach, but let us not forget, that our football is still very much considered to be sick in many aspects and in need of real remedy. Look at our clubs, facilities, youth development programs, under 16, 19, and 23 national teams, look at who are running our federation, etc. etc.
                            Unfortunately almost everyone including players, coach and the fans, got disillusioned that the game today was about setting a record for no defeat and no goal conceded. Like the world really cared if Iran is the holder of that record!... There are other more basic records we have yet to hit!!
                            Let us be smarter next time ...
                            it is my honour to tell you that this is simply *** edited***, next time you should be smarter ! Thank you anyway

KEEP IT CLEAN!
                            FAGHAT PERSPOLIS

Comment

I'm not a fan of the thread title but Op still raises some very valid points tbh..

Comment

Working...
                              X