Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFF and its Discontents - CQ wants donations for TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any information on when the FIFA prize money for WC qualification will be paid to the IFF?

When we qualified for Brasil, FIFA could not transfer the prize money to the IFF because of the SWIFT banking sanctions that outlawed money transfers to Iranian entities. It's still not even clear whether we finally got the prize money for Brasil (I've read conflicting reports). The SWIFT sanctions were terminated in 2016, so there should be no obstacles to receiving the FIFA prize money this time around. This prize money should go a long way toward funding our preparations.

This is completely unacceptable and the IFF has no excuse now.
    Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      According to ISNA, Team Melli head coach Carlos Queiroz was talking to the press while supervising the Team’s Practice session today (Sunday) and particularly about the match against Syria “The results and numbers are reflections of Syria’s good performance in the World Cup qualifiers. Syria is in third place in the ranking table, which surprised everyone with such results. We are alert and ready to defeat this team.”
      He continued, “The Syrians’ behavior in the previous game gives us a lot of motivation to appear with full strength in front of them. They did not behave well in that game and were quite rough and sometimes violent.”
      The head coach commented on some media reports of possible collusion between Iran and Syria: “These are so dirty and cowardly accusation which is only aimed at questioning Iran’s extraordinary achievement in the competition. My advice to the media is to focus on helping prepare the national team so that we can continue our success. As long as I wear the shirt of this country, and even as long as I live, I will call Iran “my country,” and I also ask you to “support my country” to qualify to the World Cup and then to support it.”
      Legend.

We are fortunate to have someone of his integrity.
      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Lots of Drama folks! But it seems that money has started trickling in, the Brazil Money has been cleared for payment and according to TAJ, IFF was waiting for that to happen before going to the Govt , but in the mean time the Govt gave IFF a 'Bridge loan' to cover their expenses and bonuses for early qualification until the Brazil WC money transferred in. Once the Russia WC money comes in a lot back payments will be made including payments for infrastructure, new IFF building, training grounds and even future friendlies.... If we qualify to 2nd round even better, more money for CQ or another high caliber coach should CQ leave( bite my tongue!!)

This is the actual story according to a person my Cousin knows in IFF( name withheld) .... True or not, makes lots of sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
          Any information on when the FIFA prize money for WC qualification will be paid to the IFF?

When we qualified for Brasil, FIFA could not transfer the prize money to the IFF because of the SWIFT banking sanctions that outlawed money transfers to Iranian entities. It's still not even clear whether we finally got the prize money for Brasil (I've read conflicting reports). The SWIFT sanctions were terminated in 2016, so there should be no obstacles to receiving the FIFA prize money this time around. This prize money should go a long way toward funding our preparations.

This is completely unacceptable and the IFF has no excuse now.
          We're still waiting for the 2014 WC prize money
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

The least Taj can do is open an account so our citizens can donate.

I'm not bashing Taj because to be the president of this IFF with the islamic republic watching over it, is not an easy job.

But at the same time he could've done a few things differently. Like bringing the goons from IFF to congratulate and put flowers around the necks of our hardworking and fighting players after the SK away match.

This is honestly the LEAST Taj can do. Open up a f***ing account. If you can't get a loan from the higher ups, then ask the people for help. I'm willing to bet that as much as the economy is a mess, even the poorest of Iranian citizens will donate!

Comment

The love for Team Melli is REAL and it is STRONG!

Comment

I'd gladly donate to any such account but only if CQ himself was deciding & supervising how funds from such account would be spent and managed.
                No way I'd trust thieving goons in IFF & SM with such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                X