Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFF and its Discontents - CQ wants donations for TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFF and its Discontents - CQ wants donations for TM?

A lot of talk about how players and coaching staff are disgusted with IFF, so this needs its own thread. It's gotten to this. What a cowardly IFF.

Great article, please read.

--------------
    Queiroz “I am thinking of starting a public funding for Team Melli”
    Queiroz: Qualification Celebrations should be for others / accusation of collusion is dirty and cowardly

Team Melli head coach says that “the bad and rough behavior of the Syrian players in the last game will inspire the national team with a motivated desire to defeat them in Azadi stadium.”

The coach continued to talk about records: “These records were important because we had good performances on the pitch and that’s why we achieved some records, but we do not start the game, to get a special result that we already had in our minds. Only our effort in the ground is those necessary to get the result, but if we keep our goal clean, we will have a good record for the national team and supporters.”

He also explained the frustration of the Team Melli players and the level of protest because their efforts were overlooked by the administrators of the federation: “This is not about our last match, but about issues that have been going on for months. What happened yesterday (Saturday) at the airport is an example that we have been repeatedly mentioning for six, seven years now, but it keeps repeating; it is not a good surrounding to interview in the middle of crowds at the airport with other passengers and airport staff, there should be a special dedicated place for that, yet it’s still the same old as we have seen yesterday.”

He added: “Unfortunately, after seven years we again saw that there was no professional behavior and lack of organization yesterday. We were on the same exit side as the passengers in the baggage carousel while the reporters were roaming around for interviews. It was not the appropriate place to conduct an interview. Yesterday’s events indicate that things are going wrong again. This sort of things happens even after seven years and the achievements that we have attained, represents the gap between the authorities and the national team.”

Commenting on the friendly game versus Russia “Playing with Russia is the result of my own personal contacts and my efforts,” said Queiroz, pointing out that he needs to play friendly matches in order to prepare for the World Cup. “We were supposed to have another friendly game a couple of days before the match with Russia, but the Football Association announced that the game was canceled due to financial problems.”

Queiroz then said “ I will try to create a bank account so that we can manage the preparation of the national team through popular donations by the fans. This federation always lacks money”

Carlos Queiroz, criticizing some of the media, said: “a newspaper that always critical of our work but it’s interesting that their reporters do not even attend the national team’s training sessions (…), they try to undermine the spirit of our players’ and question the work of the players and technical staff in order to give us some moral lessons. They should know that they are not in a position to give us moral lessons. I think it’s better for the media to do their job and prevent the threats that players make, and let them do their job.”

According to ISNA, Team Melli head coach Carlos Queiroz was talking to the press while supervising the Team’s Practice session today (Sunday) and particularly about the match against Syria “The results and numbers are reflections of Syria’s good performance in the World Cup qualifiers. Syria is in third place in the ranking table, which surprised everyone with such results. We are alert and ready to defeat this team.”

He continued, “The Syrians’ behavior in the previous game gives us a lot of motivation to appear with full strength in front of them. They did not behave well in that game and were quite rough and sometimes violent.”

The head coach commented on some media reports of possible collusion between Iran and Syria: “These are so dirty and cowardly accusation which is only aimed at questioning Iran’s extraordinary achievement in the competition. My advice to the media is to focus on helping prepare the national team so that we can continue our success. As long as I wear the shirt of this country, and even as long as I live, I will call Iran “my country,” and I also ask you to “support my country” to qualify to the World Cup and then to support it.”

Carlos Queiroz said about the ceremony celebrating the national Team qualification to the FIFA World Cup 2018 after the Iran-Syria game, said: “The arrangement of any such ceremony is the specialty of the Football Federation and its officials. We will do just our work on the pitch, then go home and go to our friends and family. Celebrations is for others. It is a good opportunity for you to use the photos and videos of this celebration.”

At the conclusion of the interview, Queiroz did not comment on the journalist’s question that Massoud Shojaei was not invited to the national team, “I thought you wanted to talk about Javad Nekounam and him not accompanying the national team , and ask a question why?. I think that the failure to pay seven months of Javad Nekounam’s wages might have caused his absence.”

http://www.teammelli.com/2017/09/03/...or-team-melli/

No reception party for Team Melli squad.

Carlos Queiroz refused to give an interview on arrival at Imam Khomeini International airport as a result of what he claimed as lack or respect by the management of the federation. Team Melli squad arrived in Tehran after a long trip from South Korea after playing a goal-less draw against the host nation in the qualifying rounds of the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018. Iran maintained the lead in the Group with 21 points 7 points ahead of second place Korea with an incredible run of 12 clean sheets match in the qualifiers.

Team Melli players have already used the social media to complain about the lack of support and the indifference of the authorities in providing suitable resources including a proper training ground. This type of federation indifference has become the norm from as far as Queiroz took over in 2011. After several threats of resignation and refusal to go to Tehran , Queiroz was promised that support will improve and his requirements will be met. Promises after promises and 6 years later , the situation has hardly changed. The head of the FFIRI has changed but certainly not for the better and the same incompetence still prevails leaving Carlos Queiroz fuming at every opportunity.

This time in the Airport, there was not even a single FFIRI delegate to meet the squad. Such lack of interest by the officials left many players despondent. Khabar Varzeshi news which was televising live from the airport on Team Melli arrival was not granted any interviews because of FFIRI officials absence!!

Comment

CQ's ability to play both the journalists and IFF are nothing short of mastery.

I never thought anyone could neuter IFF, vaghean damesh garm.

Comment

Imagine what our football could be if we had a proper government
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Carlos Queiroz

Team Melli

Comment

Here is the reason and Multiply this by 1000...." He added: “Unfortunately, after seven years we again saw that there was no professional behavior and lack of organization..."

and to think that after all these years in the Job, Taj and his cronies would at least learn how to run their ministry with a grain of professionalism...!!!

Comment

sad and frustrating to read!

thankful for those like King Q who stay in Iran even with all this crap going on!

Thats exactly why i advise us all to enjoy the ride as long as it last, because we could face diffilculties after King Q era...
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

so that clarifies it
                Neknam quit TM due to IFF not paying him as agreed for several(7 to be exact) months..!

i told you guys this Taj guy is no different than hamoon chossaie e ke ghblesh oon kare boodan..! (imo, much worse than Kafaash..!)

the cherry on top, same source claims FIFA has denied Playing card application of Ghoddos, due to the IFF's mishandling of his application's paperwork ..! So he wont be eligible to suit up for TM vs Syria too..!!
                whatta a bunch of utterly incopetent, worthless clowns..!!
                honestly, it wouldnt surprise me to find out they did it on purpose ..! i mean howdafaq you file such application without presenting All required paperwork..?? stupid maadarjendez..!!

btw, this teammellie.com source certainly isnt a very reliable source specializing mostly on Sensationalistic reporting with attention-whoring subject-lines..! I certainly woulnt give much weight to most all its op-ed pieces but their interview quotes and news reports may be true, may be not ..? usually about 50/50

Comment

Khak bar sareshoon..

Comment

The criticism worked for the time being. IFF just got 2.5 billion toman (approximately $800k) from the gov as reward money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      The criticism worked for the time being. IFF just got 2.5 billion toman (approximately $800k) from the gov as reward money.
                      CQ knows what hes doing ppl.

Comment

Carlos is one of a kind.
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

our government only cares about Syria Hezbollah and Lebanon!

Comment

IT IS THE BIGGEST SHAME WHEN A FOREIGN COACH HAVE TO CREAT BANK ACCOUNT FOR COLLECTING MONEY FROM FANS TO ORGANIZE FRIENDLIES AND MORE IN A COUNTRY WITH HAS SECOND MOST GAS AND OIL OF THE WORLD.

Khoda kone Syria be Jam e Jahani nare, wagerna kharje unaro ham bayasti bedim awal...team e khodemun bishtar badbakht mishe..
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Very true statements from Saeed_noro. The second richest natural gas holder in the world and with massive oil reservoirs, and yet Iran has a government that does not want to help federation with $5M help they had already promised to provide. This additional money must be given to them NOW so that they can arrange for the training camps and secure adequate friendlies. The money that they reluctantly paid today will be used to pay players as rewards. Soltani was quoted by saying that all the support and money for a good showing in WC 2018 has been provided to the federation. He is a clown. They always know who to pick to head sports ministry.

Comment

Working...
                              X