Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Syria; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.09.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    This is going to be an ugly match, mainly by the Syrian side. They will be content with a draw and hope for Korea's very probable win.

As ironic as I may sound, I would definitely take a goalless draw over a goal conceded win over Syria. We are already qualified in style and at ease, but keeping our shot-out streaks is something to pride about for a very long time to come and perhaps and most probably forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    f that a win is AWLAYS better than a simple clean sheet. Don't forget that this is entertainment.

Comment

This is going to be an ugly match, mainly by the Syrian side. They will be content with a draw and hope for Korea's very probable win.

As ironic as I may sound, I would definitely take a goalless draw over a goal conceded win over Syria. We are already qualified in style and at ease, but keeping our shot-out streaks is something to pride about for a very long time to come and perhaps and most probably forever!

A goalless draw would decrease our FIFA ranking... you know thay right?

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        While Iran has made a world record in consecutive games without conceeding a goal, tomorrow's match will be the most difficult match to play for us. Syria is coming into this game very determined and has a world cup spot in their sights, they have great players who can score and the pressure may be too much for us .
        We are the under dogs
        Lol.

Iran v Syria at Azadi Stadium? We are the clear favourites.

Sheer determination is insufficient. Syria are not skillful or tactically comparable to Iran. These things matter. Ask the Korean team which just played us with an extra man at home and failed to register a shot on goal!

Anything less than 2-0 will be disappointing. I think we'll win by at least 3-0.
        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I wish Syria could finish third so they could potentially play vs USA. What a sight that would be

Comment

Uzbekistan will qualify. Mark my word!

Or I better say; I hope so I was right on spot on the game against Korea. Time for Korea to sit back a bit and work on their sloppy defence. It will be nice to have Uzbekistan in the World Cup; but they are famous for not taking advantage of opportunities given to them.

Korea will go to play off as Uzbekistan wins 2-1 and Syria loses 2 or 3-0. Something like that.
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
              A goalless draw would decrease our FIFA ranking... you know thay right?
              True, completely forgot about the ranking

Comment

True, completely forgot about the ranking
                Exactly we need to aim for the 15 to 20th in the ranking in order to be seeded with weaker teams in the World Cup. We will possibly get USA again. That would be awesome; of course if and only if weakened USA qualifies. I was so shocked how USA lost at home against Costa Rica and dented its qualifying odds but they can still qualify through playoff.
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

any news on possible starters tomorrow? Someone one bigsoccer forum said that a source said that ansarifard might be starting tomorrow... plzzz no

Comment

Originally posted by Parham10 View Post
                    any news on possible starters tomorrow? Someone one bigsoccer forum said that a source said that ansarifard might be starting tomorrow... plzzz no
                    I don't think so but what will be wrong. He is really good these days and everyone in Greece loves the guy. He is very famous in there and also he is not selfish so he will assist and others score if he himself can't score! It will be nice to use his stamina against a physical team.
                    sigpic
                    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                    IRAN
                    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                      I don't think so but what will be wrong. He is really good these days and everyone in Greece loves the guy. He is very famous in there and also he is not selfish so he will assist and others score if he himself can't score! It will be nice to use his stamina against a physical team.
                      I don't have anything against him personally, but don't like his playing style tbh. Azmoun or Gucci would be much better and truly hope Sardar starts tomorrow to bang'em goals in!

Comment

Idk, but all I know is if Torabi doesn't get a fing start I will be pissed 😡 What does CQ have against him??? He clearly has the talent and should not be no less than a sub player if not a starter!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          Idk, but all I know is if Torabi doesn't get a fing start I will be pissed 😡 What does CQ have against him??? He clearly has the talent and should not be no less than a sub player if not a starter!
                          I agree! I love Torabi and he always makes things happen. Shame he doesn't get playing time like Amiri does.

Comment

I agree! I love Torabi and he always makes things happen. Shame he doesn't get playing time like Amiri does.
                            Here's the thing, he is better than Amiri as shown in Japan and Montonegro game and we are playing opponents lesser than those 2 teams... It's as if he slept w/ CQ wife/daughter and CQ is angry at him for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                              Here's the thing, he is better than Amiri as shown in Japan and Montonegro game and we are playing opponents lesser than those 2 teams... It's as if he slept w/ CQ daughter and CQ is angry at him for that
                              hahah the only thing is that he probably carries out the duties that CQ asks of him. I really don't see them, but regardless we can only trust the coach!

I have a ton of bets for tomorrow so I'm praying he doesn't field a completely random squad, but knowing that we won't be getting many friendlies before WC, I think that he will play most of the starters (PLEASE PLAY AZMOUN AND TORABI ).

Comment

--------Beiranvand ------

Ghafouri --- PAG ----Ansari ---Milad

-----------Karimi-------Hajsafi--------

ARJ-----------Dejagah--------Torabi

---Azmoun---

Subs : Noorafkan for Karimi
                                Ansarifard for Sardar
                                Taremi for Torabi

Ghoddos should start but his situation is unclear ,leaning towards ineligibility. Torabi has been in fine form for Saipa and deserves to start , also dejagah was excellent vs SK so no ghoddos wont be that big of a deal. Hope noorafkan gets some minutes. Ramin played well against SK but Ghafouri deserves to be rotated in for this game, he has always been solid for TM and very good for SS despite them collectively being shitty.

My Predicted Score

Iran 2 -0 Syria . 2 goals from Sardar.

Comment

Working...
                                X