Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An ode to Carlos Quieroz

An ode to Carlos:
    To many older members who know me and my former views on #CarlosQeuiroz (pre-2016), it may come as a surprise not to see me rail against CQ like I used to.
    Frankly, I am quite pleasantly surprised at myself too. But by the Gods, he has not given me much to rail about anyway.

From my biggest grip with him (pre-2016), which was his over-reliance on older, and oft low performing players, to other dodgy team performances under a very negative minded attitude/formation for games, I have witnessed the rejuvenation and vitalization of the TM with enough fresh and young faces to ensure a solid future for TM and more importantly, a self-assuredness and confidence in team performances (albeit too defensive for my liking) that not only havent been experienced in almost entire TM post-revolution history, but also the gift of calmness and stress-free (relatively) audience of TM games for fans like me who remember too well the days of "IFs & BUTs and 6 different conditions to qualify discussions".

Yes, the team is never perfect. NO team can be. But dang it, we've come pretty close to it ... given Iran's and Asia's general limitations and footballing standards. Yes, we can always do better, work harder, play slicker & more exciting. But I stand well content & satisfied with our beloved TM.

To the extent that in days in the run up to our Uzabekistan game where our qualification hinged on, and even during the actual game, this always-stressed fan was sipping his coffee calmly and watching the game unfold in most relaxed way possible. A new experience I'd love to see repeated in further games and tournaments.
    And I simply have to thank CQ for this.

Thusly I shall raise my glass to our coach and salute him and his work for Iran and Iranians.
    May he be ever successful in whatever endeavors he partakes in, even after leaving Iran.

Cheers & felicidades meu treinador

A converted fan

^^ mashallah
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Watch out for flying pigs. I wish the 2013 Doctor DOOM could read this :-D.

What's next, a Branko tatoo when he wins ACL ?

Comment

Seeing flying pigs would be far more possible than me & Branko.

As for me & CQ, .... Well, wait till the WC. There's always hope I revert to my old self.
        I'm already half pissed at dropping Shojaei from the remaining games. Am just hoping he'd include him post WCQs. So don't get too cozy with the new me yet.

Comment

It has always been in my signature, and CQ is doing exactly what my PFDC signature says and I never changed it and it has always been there since over 10 years now.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Khodemoonim ha DD jaan, you jinxed the team hahaha. Please keep on pickin on him and the team, as it brings the TM better luck! [emoji75]

And of course I am just kidding! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some people think that last qualifier with Syria was fixed. I saw the late goal; looked like uncharacteristically poor defending by Iran's team. Not sure what to make of it.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Fixed or not (even I have my doubts) I am quite confident CQ was neither involved or was in favor of this. His actions and behavior was evident.
                If I have to pick out an issue with CQ, it would be the choice of CB (ansari, who actually wasnt convincing AT ALL. But that's a different matter altogether). But then, I would look like a hypocrite by picking on an issue I always ask/expect which is giving alternatives more chances to prove themselves.
                So I really cant blame CQ for this.

however, after reading some comments in general forum, I must add it really doesnt take an entire team to collude or "throw the game". All it takes is a couple of players willing to drop quality and effort at the right/crucial moments without doing it often enough to be noticed.
                a miss pass, a late tackle, a late lunge, a step slower than usual, ... is usually all it takes.

Am I fully convinced we threw the game? No. But I'm also not sure on a few issues that stick out.
                Like Beiranvand's uncharacteristic behavior of rushing to play at dying seconds of a WON game. I mean if you are in such a rush to crush, why not do it during the normal time, EACH & EVERY TIME you get the ball? He did it a couple of times, and did NOT a few more times.
                Then the way we allowed the 2nd goal, starting from the poor pass, to even poorer coverage and finally poor keeping.

Lets not forget this is IR we're talking about and NOTHING is beneath them. NOTHING is too low for these bastards.

I'm just too PISSED OFF about not raping the bunch of maggots in Azadi (for what they are, what they represent, how they always behave throughout history and how they behaved in the first game), let alone be the vehicle for their advancing to play-offs.
                And the fact that our shut-out run was halted by these parasites is just fueling that anger further. I mean if any opponent truly deserved this it shd have been Korea or japan or ... or a team that deserves our respect. Not a bunch of barbaric UNGRATEFUL scum f**ks who recieve BILLIONS of $ from Iran (that rightfully shd go to the homeless, deprived IRANIANS) and then behave like rabid dogs on the pitch.

Comment

We are on the North Pole, during the summer, it's sunny outside. It's been that way for days yet you claimed over and over again that it was dark outside, that it was night. Now, you finally say it's sunny outside. Chi begam? Congratulations?

Anyway, welcome to the club.
                  زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                  X