TM List-Aug 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    Cheshmi is a calm player and a destroyer, he's not the best passer, not very fast, but breaks up play quite well, better than Ali Karimi in that area IMO. He also holds on to the ball very well thanks to his strength. Definitely worth a shot in TM, but I don't really rate him that much at CB.

Shoja won't get called up since he spoke publicly against CQ in the past, otherwise he would've been called up a while ago. It's not like he suddenly turned good in Persepolis.
    really ? didnt know that . What exactly did he say ? pretty retarded move by him considering with his talent he could easily get a callup if he was patient.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      We might be gifting Korea a WC spot
      What's wrong with that? You don't want them to qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        really ? didnt know that . What exactly did he say ? pretty retarded move by him considering with his talent he could easily get a callup if he was patient.
        I remember couple of years ago he was interviewed and if Im not mistaking he was mad at CQ's squad selection, prioritizing all players in overseas even in Qatar etc... Not sure if it was him or Sadeghian but he also said that "to be called up he probably needs to go play in Bangladesh"

Of course don't look only at Shoja on his good day, he can make some very stupid mistakes as well sometimes and he gets mad very easily against other players and referees.

Comment

I remember couple of years ago he was interviewed and if Im not mistaking he was mad at CQ's squad selection, prioritizing all players in overseas even in Qatar etc... Not sure if it was him or Sadeghian but he also said that "to be called up he probably needs to go play in Bangladesh"

Of course don't look only at Shoja on his good day, he can make some very stupid mistakes as well sometimes and he gets mad very easily against other players and referees.
          lmao thats actually funny. But looking at CQ's collection its obvious he pays close attention to the league through his assistants, advisors.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            That means one of Haghighi or Sosha will be invited, as he invited only two keepers from IPL. and unfortunately few players such as Saeid, Ashkan, despite lack of playing time will get the call most likely to make the list of 23 players. Saeid, JB, Milad, Azmoun, Karim, Rezaeian, Gucci, Pouraliganji, Shojaei, Ehsan are my sure bet which make the list to 21. There will be only 2 spots left :
            Haghighi or Sosha-> My guess is Haghighi
            Dejagah or Ghoddos-> I hope it is Ghoddos
            Invitation of both Cheshmi and Nourafkan means Karimi won't be invited this time around and i highly doubt he invites Kaveh because of the depth upfront.
            List of 23 is only needed for World Cup finals. Qualifiers sometimes have anywhere from 18 to 40 players in a camp.

I remember Bolivia brought in like 100 players to their camp last year and it made the news.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Lool Lak... That's pretty strange.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

dont watch IPL, so its hard for me to be too critical of the list, but generally I sense a bit of Experimentation and Rejuvenation of the squad especially in areas where Depth was most needed, which are all to be expected with our early WCqualification.

i suppose the biggest surprise miss is that of Montazeri, which seems mostly a sacrifice for further experimentation and slow rejuvenation of our aging D line.
                I assume Carlos is expecting that desperate Koreans will be resorting mostly on sending high-balls over the top and WingNCross on their Attack after their recent coaching change and repeated failures to even get close to our goal-line using their preferred quick n short-passing tactics..! although Hossaini has lost a step or two of late, he is Still a Beast in Clearing Aerial Threats and Organizing our Back-Line...!
                hoping Cheshmi can adapt well and quickly to CQ tactics, as we badly need a quality, Young CB reinforcements, from the bit i saw of him a long while back in U teams, he seemed to have good poise and confidence, was an imposing aerial threat off of set-pieces be it a bit slow in reaction..!sorta like Tafazoli..?

another surprise is omission of Akhbari and Mazaheri and instead opting for Lak..! Carlos is pretty much suggesting that the Backup GK position is very much up for grab for the time being...!?

Nice to see Noorafkan brought in to put some much needed pressure on AK and Saeeed to sort out their club situation.

i suppose Aghaei is pretty much for LB Depth only, in case of an injury or suspension of Milmo...!!?

i assume all the other usual suspects from the EU based players will join TM at SK..!
                is Sardar really suspended for SK clash.? why ? if so, then may be a surprise player like Samman will be added to that mix, otherwise i think it will be Syria clash(if his immigration paperwork is sorted by then) or possibly even later before his TM debut..!!?
                Doubt Khaveh would get a call up either and AK will probably also be crossed off for time being until he sorts out his club situation..!

Comment

Cheshmi is a calm player on the ball and a destroyer, he's not the best passer, not very fast, but breaks up play quite well, better than Ali Karimi in that area IMO. He also holds on to the ball very well thanks to his strength. People won't really see his work at first glance when you watch SS matches but if you're careful you can see how effective he is intercepting balls threatening CBs. Definitely worth a shot in TM, but I don't really rate him that much at CB.
                  thanks interesting take on Cheshmi..!
                  perhaps a young Ando in the making..? Teymourian was also a horrid passer till he sorted out that aspect of his game later on in his TM career..!

Comment

TM without Shojaei & Hajsafi deserves to lose

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      thanks interesting take on Cheshmi..!
                      perhaps a young Ando in the making..? Teymourian was also a horrid passer till he sorted out that aspect of his game later on in his TM career..!
                      Yeah although Ando pressed often quite high on the pitch and worked much harder. Cheshmi usually stays close to the CBs, doesn't make risky passes, and off the ball tries to disrupt the other team's play. Of course he is much taller as well so he can win many headers.

Btw he seems "slow" but that's mostly because of his position, I remember on Navad during his interview they said that he runs 20 meters in 3 seconds. He seems slow on the start but on long distances he picks up some decent speed

Comment

I think because of his size and huge tall stature its weird seeing him in midfield, and thus he looks kinda awkward / slow

Comment

Since we already will have 3 natural DMs supposedly (Nourakfan, Cheshmi, Ezzatollahi + Hajsafi who can play there), I think Karimi might be cut.

He and Dejagah should not be included in this squad rightfully/realistically, hope CQ won't make this mistake
                          He likes versatile players, Ansari, Hajsafi, now Cheshmi who as you said can play as CD or DM, i also think Cheshmi will make the list and young Nourafkan should probably wait again to make the final list.

Comment

He likes versatile players, Ansari, Hajsafi, now Cheshmi who as you said can play as CD or DM, i also think Cheshmi will make the list and young Nourafkan should probably wait again to make the final list.
                            I am sure one player in our final WC list will be a young unproven talent . In Brazil , it was ARJ, who got in ahead of likes of Sardar. I think this time it is between 4 players. Ghaedi, Gholizadeh , Shekari , and Noorafkan. These are the 4 most talented players in their ages. Currently noorafkan with his consistent form for SS , but if ghaedi and gholizadeh continue their form they have a chance as well. If shekari sorts out his club and starts playing well he might have a shot as well.

Comment

Yeah exactly seems like cheshmi replaced pourghaz in that role of a guy who can play both CB and DM - makes lots of sense. His biggest value point is exactly what Zjoon said and something that TM is in need of IMO.....someone who can break up plays in important areas. We got caught sleeping a number of times in recent matches I remember specifically the Qatar and china games (the first two) we we terrible in that area. Since nekounam left and Ando started eating Maman's ghormeh sabzi 6 times a week that's been a void....ezi can be good in that area but we need another anchor like cheshmi. I hope he stays healthy I'm a big fan
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I believe Lak was called up bc CQ has had Mazaheri and Akhbari in many, many consecutive squads and tested them both. He + gaspar know their skill level. But lak has only trained with TM once or twice, so he is an unknown. If we assume that Beiranvand and Haghighi, if both are fit and playing, will be in the squad, the final GK spot will be between Lak, Mazaheri, and Akhbari.

Comment

Working...
                                X