PERSEPOLIS VS AL AHLI ( AFC CHAMPION LEAGUE)(QUARTER FINAL) LIVE REPORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
    OK fill me in here, we draw 2-2 today, does that mean we need to win the next 'home' game to advance ?..
    Basically yes, or it has to be a draw higher than 2-2 (so 3-3, 4-4 etc.). A 2-2 draw will take the game to ET and PKSO eventually.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

2-2 .Fair play to PP and branko. They are basically playing two away games in this tie, this " home " game was ridiculous. Battled back from 2-0 down. Actually PP were very good in entirety of second half which I give Branko credit for. His subs were early and had plenty of time to effect game which they did. However I think now its time to start Menshah, kamal, and resan. Ahmadzadeh and amiri offer nothing in this formation both offensively or defensively. Alipour also did well in the last twenty minutes. Khalilzadeh was excellent, as was ansari.

I think PP defense was actually strong throughout the match except for the two lapses of concentration, Al Ahli didnt do shit. Away in jeddah, if PP must basically win to go through. Unless it is a tie greater than 2-2, in which case PP will go through on away goals.

Comment

Also davar rideh bood.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          2-2 .Fair play to PP and branko. They are basically playing two away games in this tie, this " home " game was ridiculous. Battled back from 2-0 down. Actually PP were very good in entirety of second half which I give Branko credit for. His subs were early and had plenty of time to effect game which they did. However I think now its time to start Menshah, kamal, and resan. Ahmadzadeh and amiri offer nothing in this formation both offensively or defensively. Alipour also did well in the last twenty minutes. Khalilzadeh was excellent, as was ansari.

I think PP defense was actually strong throughout the match except for the two lapses of concentration, Al Ahli didnt do shit. Away in jeddah, if PP must basically win to go through. Unless it is a tie greater than 2-2, in which case PP will go through on away goals.
          Its not in Jeddah, its in the UAE. More Iranians fans than Saudi actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            Mensha and Shoja are amazing!!

Huge lol those racist fucks.. Rasan played awesome in my opinion. Just cuz u are Iraqi doesn't mean you are inferior... One of my best friends is from Iraq and hes a good man and even supports the Iran national team with me
            Rasan made a positive first impression, decent debut. His set pieces were dangerous and he seems like a good dribbler.

I thought that Alipour was quite good as well

Comment

Terrible game.
              Branco is a frustrating, petty, stubborn coach.
              Keeping Kamyabinia out was childish.
              Mosalman was horrible.
              Taremi was actually ok considering how few chances he was given.
              We did a terrible job of feeding the team.
              Yes we came back, but that is not the way to win in tournaments. Branko is not a Tournament coach, he's a league coach.

That Al-Hilal team was garbage and pounced on us basically having a DM who can't intercept a single pass (Rabiekhah)

Comment

If PP win, let's hope AL AIN wins too so we can see a game at Azadi and not do this neutral BS anymore

Comment

Very happy for PP performance and their come back. Branko did really great and showed his worth (just imagine what would happen with a vatani coach). Mensha proved himself in this game as Tarmei is not himself nowadays and Alipour was just amazing, but above all Agha Shoja was the MVP. The referee should be hanged from his ass and using 6 blind referees could never change their obvious bias against Iranian teams.

And hopefully with the confidence after this game, they can finish them off in UAE with a tight 1-0 game which is very likely to happen. Go Persepolis.
                  Last edited by webmaster; 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
                    Yes win or 2-2 extra time or 3-3 4-4 advance persepolis
                    Next game is in Qatar and al ahli is home
                    Ahhhh! so now the Saudi play in thier new enemies host country! nice! lots of Qataris will now Support Persep , so it will be a 'home' game! nice !!

Comment

Ahhhh! so now the Saudi play in thier new enemies host country! nice! lots of Qataris will now Support Persep , so it will be a 'home' game! nice !!
                      next game is in the UAE.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njeOltc_ZqQ
                        AFC Hub highlights . No commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39inlbAdook
                        Highlights with iranian commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8XphlIxyc
                        arabic commentary.

- Menshah generated some serious power on his left foot, on a pass that had little pace, and when he was very off balance. Great strike. The comeback will give a lot of energy to PP and hopefully push them to good results in upcoming games, return leg. Also as some members said, 2-2 is better than 3-2 psychologically. PP cannot sit back and have to play with the intensity showed in the second half for 90 minutes to stand a chance. They can do it. Lets hope Branko picks the correct xi from the off. His early subs lead me to believe he has realized his errors.

Comment

The next game is our away game in UAE.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                            Rasan made a positive first impression, decent debut. His set pieces were dangerous and he seems like a good dribbler.
                            I thought that Alipour was quite good as well
                            Alipour only impact is he runs like headless chicken, he doesn't have finishing touch, he doesn't have that good passing ability etc.
                            Persepolis should start Rasan, Kamal, Mensha for Rabihkhah, Ahmadzadeh and Alipour in next match, Branko's nonsense love for Rabihkhah is insane, Remind me of Alavi, Kameli, Badavi, Sattar Zareh when he was TM coach.

Comment

2-2 or 3-2 is a totally different ballgame! Both bring their own tactics along with them. A 3-2 lead gives you more options! You do not necessarily have to sit back with 11 men in your box. A 2-2, however, kind of forces you to open up sooner or later which can make you vulnerable. I would have taken a 3-2 win over a draw any day.

That being said, this draw is a very dangerous result for Al Ahli. The longer the game moves forward, the less risk they will be taking. They will eventually fall back into their own box and even a last minute goal for PP can be enough then.

PP should be patient and not rush things from the 1st second on. The chances will come anyway. Just keep your patience!
                              Last edited by Amin_; 08-22-2017, 12:14 PM.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

The next game in UAE with lots of Iranians there actually looks more like home game for Persepolis than today's match LOL! Persepolis still has a good chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X