Lack of playing time for over half of our legionnaires in WC year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of playing time for over half of our legionnaires in WC year

The beginning of this season doesn't look good for some of our legionnaires, specially when you see some key players who are without club or didn't get any playing time so far, We are talking about over half of legionnaires who don't have a stable situation in WC year. Hope things change for better in WC year, but so far:
    Dejagah, Karimi are without club, Ezzatollahi, Karim didn't play a single minutes, Rezaeian and Azmoun are In& Out of the line up, Azmoun struggling to find his old shape(which has been his case during majorities of the start of the seasons).

well for our legioners the ones which will have problems might be rezaeian , and karim, the rest will get playing time, i am not worried about gucci, alireza, azmoun,ehsan and hajsafi they will play regular football the main one i am worried about is dejagah who still dont have a club, that is a big problem, he need to find a club, any club in europe, play in bundesliga 2, championship, go back to fulham, just play, why the agent cant find him a club

Comment

Ezzai n Dejagha's situations are wack and concerns me the most..!! others not so much so ..!
      its more important for our boys in Europe to finish the season strong, shortly prior to WC ..!

Comment

I don't think it will matter much. They'll give everything they've got come wc time and cq will get the most from them
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

The only persons situation really sucks and is a core piece of the team is ezi. AK is just a player who adds depth, dejagah is a veteran sub, and Azmoun has too much competition with Taremi and Gucci up front. CQ won't hold back from starting Gucci up front with his form.

I'm pretty optimistic that karim and ezi will have a loan opportunity in the next week or two. Dejagah will probably wind up making a typical veteran move and do something in the Middle East. Given he is not a huge piece of the XI again, that doesn't worry me much. As for Karimi, I'm most interested to see what his move is. Time will tell
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            The only persons situation really sucks and is a core piece of the team is ezi. AK is just a player who adds depth, dejagah is a veteran sub, and Azmoun has too much competition with Taremi and Gucci up front. CQ won't hold back from starting Gucci up front with his form.

I'm pretty optimistic that karim and ezi will have a loan opportunity in the next week or two. Dejagah will probably wind up making a typical veteran move and do something in the Middle East. Given he is not a huge piece of the XI again, that doesn't worry me much. As for Karimi, I'm most interested to see what his move is. Time will tell
            cq should start gucci, he score and have lots of experience,azmoun is great but he has on and off days and as you said too much compettion up front

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
              well for our legioners the ones which will have problems might be rezaeian , and karim, the rest will get playing time, i am not worried about gucci, alireza, azmoun,ehsan and hajsafi they will play regular football the main one i am worried about is dejagah who still dont have a club, that is a big problem, he need to find a club, any club in europe, play in bundesliga 2, championship, go back to fulham, just play, why the agent cant find him a club
              You should be VERY concerned for Ehsan and Hajsafi

Comment

gucci and arj are in good shape. Rezaeian also is in good shape. We have added Kaveh who recently is starting. Milad is the third best player in RPL so far statistically, Azmoun and Rubin are starting slow but are showing signs of improvement, we know he heats up at the end of the season and at the least Berdyev will have him in his best form pre world cup. Hajsafi and Shojaei are starters for a solid team who is basically europa league level if they get a decent striker. That should be Karim who will be a starter again and the star man, something that got him in excellent form this time last year.Lastly Haghighi is also returning to form, and ghoddos is a star in europe so if he were to get called up he should be counted in this. So that means 10 ( counting ARH and Ghoddos, not counting kaveh) legionairres in good condition for WC, as starters for their EU clubs. That is a fine number.

The question marks are currently ezatolahi, Karimi, and Dejagah. Saeid is in a very shitty situation, if he doesnt sort it out, he will not play in WC. period . He doesnt have the experience to carry him through major TM games without having many games in good form for his club team.

Ali Karimi was in great form at the end of last season for Lokomotiv, and was forming a good partnership with ezatolahi in TM, who at that time was getting decent minutes with rostov and anji all season. But I think now that hajsafi is back in EU, he will return to first choice anyways, unless Karimi gets to a decent team and starts. He needs to do something fast.

Lastly Dejagah, really has everything necessary to find himself a good team. I think he has offers, but is waiting until end of window to make his move, because he is not the top choice for many clubs. Good teams probably have some options ahead of him, and when some of them miss out on those options, they will go to dejagah. An in form dejagah will start for TM.

So with just two weeks in the transfer window, lets hope these three get their situations sorted, so we will have 13-14 players in good condition in europe, plus PP players who are with a european level coaching staff, and competing in higher stages of ACL, I think we will be ready for WC ( if training camps, friendlies are organized properly)

Comment

You mentioned Karimi twice, I think the second you meant Karim Ansarifard?

Comment

It's too early to judge. Besides, club situation is unclear for a few of them.

We have to give it at least 5-6 weeks into the season to see what happens. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

KEY point here is russian league will finish very early and our 3 lions will have possible 6-7 weeks to get ready for WC. they will be 100% fit and in the shape of their lives if they stay injury free

Comment

All my hope is on three players: Gucci, Jahanbakhsh and Mohammadi.

They are the most consistent legionnaires.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          All my hope is on three players: Gucci, Jahanbakhsh and Mohammadi.

They are the most consistent legionnaires.
                          Dont put to much hope on gucci its unlikely he will start any key game in WC if SA and Taremi are fit to play

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            Dont put to much hope on gucci its unlikely he will start any key game in WC if SA and Taremi are fit to play
                            i dont agree, if he score another big season like 20 goals, with his experience and already played and scored in world cup i would start him over SA or play sardar and gucci.

Comment

It is very troubling. I always get frustrated that historically, our legionnaires have had little playing time. Even some of the most iconic team meli players that went overseas ended up just sitting on the bench.I am hopeful since we qualified so early this year for the World Cup that we will have better preparations, good number of friendlies and enough practice and playing time for our legionnaires to shake off any rust.

Comment

Working...
                              X