Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: South Korea - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (31.08.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is CQ expected to announce the squad?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
      When is CQ expected to announce the squad?
      i believe is tm,

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        i believe is tm,

Comment

^ I think he means tomorrow :-)
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

will the PGPL list only be releasing tomorrow ? and then legionairres after the their weekend games ? or will the whole list be released at once. Definitely some new PGPL talents that deserved to be looked at by CQ , namely Gholizadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              will the PGPL list only be releasing tomorrow ? and then legionairres after the their weekend games ? or will the whole list be released at once. Definitely some new PGPL talents that deserved to be looked at by CQ , namely Gholizadeh.
              The 22th IPL players will be invited. 28th the legionairres according to CQ facebook. They join directly in Korea.

Comment

S. Korea football coach aims to beef up defense for World Cup qualifiers

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...10551315F.html

PAJU, South Korea, Aug. 21 (Yonhap) -- South Korea football coach Shin Tae-yong said Monday the national team's primary focus will be on organizing defense in practices ahead of two crucial World Cup qualifiers.

Shin's side began training with 16 players at the National Football Center (NFC) in Paju, north of Seoul, for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Iran on Aug. 31 and Uzbekistan on Sept. 5. For this early call-up, which is one week ahead of the usual schedule, Shin will work with players based in the Asian football leagues.

Ten other players, including Europe-based Son Heung-min and Hwang Hee-chan, will join the training next week.

Shin, who took over the team last month, said he will first work on the team defense for this week's training. Kim Young-gwon with Guangzhou Evergrande was the only South Korean defender who didn't enter the NFC for early training due to his club duty.

In the final Asian qualifying round for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, South Korea have so far surrendered 10 goals in eight matches, tied with Qatar for the most goals conceded in Group A.

"Even though we called up the players early, we don't have the full squad, so we won't able to see the big work," Shin said at a press conference at the NFC. "But we will build up our chemistry and organize our defense."

For this week, Shin's team will begin training at 6 p.m. so that the players can adjust to the match day environment. Against Iran, South Korea will start the match at 9 p.m. at Seoul World Cup Stadium.

"If we follow the exact schedule of the match day, we should start training at 8 p.m., but that's too late," he said. "I worry that training so late will harm the players' fitness levels."

Shin, who previously managed South Korea's under-20 and under-23 squads, said that he won't use his usual style of attacking football against Iran, but is ready to show that the Taeguk Warriors are a tough team.

"If we're meeting Iran in a friendly, I will make the team play attacking football," he said. "Of course, I want to pay back for the humiliation that we've suffered, but these matches are important. My goal is not to beat Iran by a big score, but to go to the World Cup with a win."

The match against Iran will be Shin's senior coaching debut. South Korea haven't beat Iran since 2011, and their last four meetings all ended in 1-0 wins for Iran.

And while Iran have already booked their spot in the 2018 World Cup, South Korea are currently holding on to the last automatic qualification spot in Group A with 13 points, just one point above Uzbekistan.

Shin said he is hoping veterans will play important roles for the team. Among the players called up for Monday's training are the 38-year-old striker Lee Dong-gook and the 34-year-old midfielder Yeom Ki-hun.

Lee is the all-time leading scorer in the domestic K League Classic, while Yeom has the highest number of career assists in the top South Korean league.

"Veteran players have a role to motivate young players, but they can feel frustrated when they can't play on the pitch," he said. "But I hope they don't feel too bothered by it and stick to their original mindset, which is to build the team as one unit."

Shin also thanked Lee, who said earlier that the players need to be ready to sacrifice themselves for the national team.

"Most players think they are doing the best, but in head coach's view, it can be different," he said. "If the oldest player on this team is stressed about sacrifice, that will really help us to become one unit."

Comment

When will the squad be announced?
                  Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia
                    and they still talk trash.
                    When and what exactly did they say?
                    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Interesting statements by Park Ji-Sung (if haven't been posted before):

Manchester United legend Park Ji-Sung has called upon South Korea fans to get behind their team against a "European" Iran in a vital 2018 AFC World Cup qualifier in Seoul on Aug. 31.

Coach Shin Tae-Yong called up English Premier League stars Son Heung-Min and Ki Sung-Yeung in his first squad on Monday. Games in the K-League have been cancelled on the weekend of Aug. 27 and 28 to give Shin more time with his players.

While Iran have already booked their spot in next year's tournament as they sit seven points clear at the top of Group A, the Koreans' grip on the second automatic qualification spot is tenuous.

Victory at Seoul World Cup Stadium will see Korea book a place at a ninth successive World Cup if Uzbekistan, a point behind in third, lose in China.

Otherwise, the Taeguk Warriors will travel to Uzbekistan for the final group game on Sep. 5, needing a result.

"In this situation, the players will feel heavy pressure," Park, who retired from the national team in 2011 after 100 appearances, told the Korea Football Association's official homepage on Thursday.

"But if they're national team players, they need to overcome the pressure and show their abilities."

A big crowd is expected in the capital for the visit of Iran. Fans have been disappointed by the team's performances of late. South Korea have lost three of the last four qualifiers.

Coach Shin, who led Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma to the 2010 AFC Champions League title, was appointed in July after the sacking of Uli Stielike.
                      Former Manchester United winger Park Ji Sung Alex Livesey/Getty Images

"Football fans can criticise the national team, considering the results and performances that it showed, and the players are not free from this situation," Park added.

"However, I hope fans can cheer for our national team, and give them support at least in those two matches."

The Koreans have a poor record against Iran of late, losing their last four meetings. Park scored home and away against Team Melli in qualification for the 2010 World Cup, and acknowledged that the visitors are formidable opposition.

"Iran is in Asia, but the players' physiques are more like Europeans," the four-time English Premier League champion said. "They play rough and powerful football, so that's why opponents have a hard time."

Only the top two from the group progress automatically to the 2018 World Cup, with third place having to negotiate a play-off route.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/south...n-wc-qualifier

Comment

The Ubeks living in Korea will probably be there to cheer for TM. I think there is no way the Korean coach can beef up his defense except for feeding the players so-ko-gi (beef). The defense is weak and the korean goalkeeper gets confused so easily when more than one player is attaking his goal. Keh-go gi may be helpful for them but please dont ask me what it is to ruin your dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                          The Ubeks living in Korea will probably be there to cheer for TM. I think there is no way the Korean coach can beef up his defense except for feeding the players so-ko-gi (beef). The defense is weak and the korean goalkeeper gets confused so easily when more than one player is attaking his goal. Keh-go gi may be helpful for them but please dont ask me what it is to ruin your dinner
                          I prefer bulgogi.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Ta SHISH NASHEH BAZEE NASHEH!! Koreh SHEESHTAEEHE!!

Comment

Things are eeerliy quiet on the TM training front... I haven't seen any training photos, comments from CQ and the coaching staff or players, on the flip side The Koreans are making a lot noise on this game. Their desperation is showing big time!! Im happy for once they are the ones sweating bullets not us!! They are hell bent on beating us , their new coach has analyzed the crap out of our 'Euro' team and he knows we score they are doomed! I personally hope we do and dont concede, and we continue to have a clean sheet even if we draw 0-0 I will be very happy .
                              Imagine we go to Russia as the ONLY team that has not conceded a single goal!! Guiness Book of Records here we come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                                Things are eeerliy quiet on the TM training front... I haven't seen any training photos, comments from CQ and the coaching staff or players, on the flip side The Koreans are making a lot noise on this game. Their desperation is showing big time!! Im happy for once they are the ones sweating bullets not us!! They are hell bent on beating us , their new coach has analyzed the crap out of our 'Euro' team and he knows we score they are doomed! I personally hope we do and dont concede, and we continue to have a clean sheet even if we draw 0-0 I will be very happy .
                                Imagine we go to Russia as the ONLY team that has not conceded a single goal!! Guiness Book of Records here we come!!!
                                We actually did concede goals against Turkmenistan and Oman in round two of the world cup qualifiers..

Comment

Working...
                                X