No announcement yet.

Alexander Nouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I just saw this Interview here which came out a few minutes ago where he says that he visited some MLS Clubs etc.
    He also talks about Iran.
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/nouri-e...ew/news/309613

EDIT: The things he daid about Iran are, that he can imagine to coach in Iran in the future and that Iran has a tough group at the World Cup but he says: "Why couldn't Iran surprise everyone?"
    sigpic

Comment

It seems like he's built up some off the pitch experience. Hopefully he can find a low stress side to coach and gain more experience.

Comment

It seems Nouri is now assistant coach of newly appointed Klinsmann at Hertha BSC.

Source: https://www.kicker.de/763599/artikel...andreas_koepke

Best of luck to him!

Comment

Once again, Klinsmann hiring better coaches than himself to get the credit for his results! best of luck!
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
            Once again, Klinsmann hiring better coaches than himself to get the credit for his results! best of luck!
            Not a fan of Klinsmann at all but better coach? What did Nouri achieve?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Not a fan of Klinsmann at all but better coach? What did Nouri achieve?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
              Salar is still sorta right...!
              Klinsmann has yet to impress me overall as a coach and in coaching business he has vastly been reaping the benefits of his great Playing Legacy and short stint successful coaching spell in charge of Germany while hosting the 2006 WC, mostly due to his collaboration with the much more astute tactician in Joachim Löw!!

he has been a relative failure in nearly every other (undeservedly high caliber) coaching jobs he has attained so far..!

nonetheless, this is still an impressive appointment for Nouri.... especially considering how long he has been outa job now ..! best wishes to homie.... he comes across a very likable character..!!

Comment

Klinsmann did an amazing job with the United states for years and did great with them in WC2014

However, his team did decline a lot and he was ultimately fired afterwards
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

It was always funny for me to see klinsman haters as a TM and USMNT fan bc I was dealing with two groups who were identical - the CQ and Klinsman haters. Both got some of the best results in their respective histories and yet still had haters. Both sought to impact not just the national teams but football as a whole and infrastructure and exposed a lot of wrongs with the systems that were currently in place. Klinsman leaves someone incompetent like arena takes over and the team collapses. CQ leaves and wilmots comes and things collapse. Idk how much more crystal clear it could be in both cases that when you have something good and then you lose it, you face the consequence!
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    It was always funny for me to see klinsman haters as a TM and USMNT fan bc I was dealing with two groups who were identical - the CQ and Klinsman haters. Both got some of the best results in their respective histories and yet still had haters. Both sought to impact not just the national teams but football as a whole and infrastructure and exposed a lot of wrongs with the systems that were currently in place. Klinsman leaves someone incompetent like arena takes over and the team collapses. CQ leaves and wilmots comes and things collapse. Idk how much more crystal clear it could be in both cases that when you have something good and then you lose it, you face the consequence!
                    he is good on those fronts and the typical zeGerman discipline etc...!!
                    he just hasnt strike me as a astute tactician and a great football coach and he has been getting way too high profile of coaching jobs without proving to be such a clever coach..!
                    he took over a USMNT that was loaded with talent and for most part firing on all cylinders as the undisputed best team in concacaf, reaped the benefits of his predecessors during the wc14 but his usmnt gradually declined under his continued leadership and essentially laid a big egg by utter misery of failing to qualify USA to Russia 18 and prior to that finishing 4th in 2015 Gold Cup..!!
                    in the lowly fking CONCACAF.. filled with shitt teams and only Mexico as a real foe..!

we will see if he has evolved yet as a football coach in his new job ? that is finally more like his coaching speed the max level of a job he shoulda been offered early on in his coaching career..!

Comment

Klinsman made it out the group of death 2014 imo and ended up losing to none other than Wilmots’s Belgium but not because Wilmots had good tactics but because he had world class young players. And remember the US took it til the 120th

Comment

Yeah good old Koonsmann who imported 5 or 6 German mutts and tried to sell them to us as Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          he took over a USMNT that was loaded with talent and for most part firing on all cylinders as the undisputed best team in concacaf, reaped the benefits of his predecessors during the wc14 but his usmnt gradually declined under his continued leadership and essentially laid a big egg by utter misery of failing to qualify USA to Russia 18 and prior to that finishing 4th in 2015 Gold Cup..!!
                          in the lowly fking CONCACAF.. filled with shitt teams and only Mexico as a real foe..!
                          Not true AT ALL!

He built that team from himself by doing something CQ did with us which was bringing foreign expats with US heritage into USMNT like jermaine jones, John Brooks, Fabian Johnson, and more who all played a key role in the 2014 WC success. What nobody can criticize him for or take away from him is how he built that team - he did use of course key players like Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, etc. from before but because (like CQ) he was very vocal about prioritizing players who play in Europe. That priority has completely disappeared and you see it with the amount of MLS players in the squad which is the most since the early/mid 2000s due to these incompetent American coaches who have been brought in like arena and berhalter who don’t get it.

Another inaccurate point here is the putting blame on him for failing to qualify for the 2018 WC.....The guy got fired after losing 2 freaking games to the 2 best teams in CONCACAFF and had a whole qualification phase still ahead of him! You can’t tell me Mexico and Costa Rica are not equal or better than US especially at that time following their amazing WC performances, better than US’s impressive run. He was let go because again the federation is so pro MLS they wanted someone who would support that.

Again all the evidence you need is in their results in the years since he has been gone. I do agree he was not a brilliant tactician but he always got results, impacted the culture of soccer in the US, built a strong team and did what many thought was impossible by advancing the team out of one of the toughest, if not the toughest group in Brazil. He really couldn’t have done any better
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Not true AT ALL!
                            He built that team from himself by doing something CQ did with us which was bringing foreign expats with US heritage into USMNT like jermaine jones, John Brooks, Fabian Johnson, and more who all played a key role in the 2014 WC success. What nobody can criticize him for or take away from him is how he built that team - he did use of course key players like Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, etc. from before but because (like CQ) he was very vocal about prioritizing players who play in Europe. That priority has completely disappeared and you see it with the amount of MLS players in the squad which is the most since the early/mid 2000s due to these incompetent American coaches who have been brought in like arena and berhalter who don’t get it.
                            Another inaccurate point here is the putting blame on him for failing to qualify for the 2018 WC.....The guy got fired after losing 2 freaking games to the 2 best teams in CONCACAFF and had a whole qualification phase still ahead of him! You can’t tell me Mexico and Costa Rica are not equal or better than US especially at that time following their amazing WC performances, better than US’s impressive run. He was let go because again the federation is so pro MLS they wanted someone who would support that.
                            Again all the evidence you need is in their results in the years since he has been gone. I do agree he was not a brilliant tactician but he always got results, impacted the culture of soccer in the US, built a strong team and did what many thought was impossible by advancing the team out of one of the toughest, if not the toughest group in Brazil. He really couldn’t have done any better
                            BacheLot is correct, USMNT was a very good team at that time. Defeated Spain at 2009 Confed Cup and finished 2nd. Also topped the group in 2010 WC. Plenty of talent. So he didn’t really build anything. He just changed things by importing some German players because he had a big ego. German players who could barely speak English and had no real connection and only wanted to play in a World Cup.
                            Also, while the team failed in 2006 with Arena, they reached the quarter finals in 2002. Maybe not so incompetent, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              BacheLot is correct, USMNT was a very good team at that time. Defeated Spain at 2009 Confed Cup and finished 2nd. Also topped the group in 2010 WC. Plenty of talent. So he didn’t really build anything. He just changed things by importing some German players because he had a big ego. German players who could barely speak English and had no real connection and only wanted to play in a World Cup.
                              Also, while the team failed in 2006 with Arena, they reached the quarter finals in 2002. Maybe not so incompetent, huh?
                              What are you talking about? Because they got good results prior to him that means it was impossible for him to build a successful team of his own? I fail to see how the two are related....

I’ll be very clear, Bob Bradley did well and is one of the few American coaches I respect. But if you re-read my post I was disputing that the team Klinsmann inherited was not that talented and that he inserted much more talented, European homegrown players with American heritage hence their dominance from 2011-14. Altidore Dempsey and Bradley were the core of Klinsmann’s team that he took from the 09 confederations cup and added to it.

So is Ghoddos Swedish? He barely speaks Farsi and plays for TM with a ton of heart - Johnson Jones and brooks do the same for USMNT. I’m not entertaining this nonsense, sorry.

And yes Arena was a failure. He failed in 06 and got brought into a situation with a very talented group in 2016 and couldn’t beat the likes of Trinidad to qualify for the WC, that’s all he had to do. Klinsman lost a few tough games but he didn’t flop against minnows in crucial moments like Arena did and also beat Portugal and Ghana whereas arena’s US lost to a way weaker Ghana and got hammered 3-0 by Czech.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

What are you talking about? Because they got good results prior to him that means it was impossible for him to build a successful team of his own? I fail to see how the two are related....
                                I’ll be very clear, Bob Bradley did well and is one of the few American coaches I respect. But if you re-read my post I was disputing that the team Klinsmann inherited was not that talented and that he inserted much more talented, European homegrown players with American heritage hence their dominance from 2011-14. Altidore Dempsey and Bradley were the core of Klinsmann’s team that he took from the 09 confederations cup and added to it.
                                So is Ghoddos Swedish? He barely speaks Farsi and plays for TM with a ton of heart - Johnson Jones and brooks do the same for USMNT. I’m not entertaining this nonsense, sorry.
                                And yes Arena was a failure. He failed in 06 and got brought into a situation with a very talented group in 2016 and couldn’t beat the likes of Trinidad to qualify for the WC, that’s all he had to do. Klinsman lost a few tough games but he didn’t flop against minnows in crucial moments like Arena did and also beat Portugal and Ghana whereas arena’s US lost to a way weaker Ghana and got hammered 3-0 by Czech.
                                Klinsmann wasn’t the messiah you think he was is what I’m saying. Very different situation from CQ who inherited a mess of a team that finished second to last in qualification.
                                I understood your post. My response was and is that Bradley’s team was more talented than you think and I mentioned a few of their impressive achievements. Let’s agree to disagree on that.
                                I know a few of them spent time in both Germany and America growing up. That is their connection. Others were just born to an American father but spent all their time in Germany. I don’t consider them to be American. Ghoddos has Iranian blood. What is American blood?
                                Should I ask you about 2002 again or would you just dance around it again?

Comment

Working...
                                X