Alexander Nouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50556045

interesting read on serge gnabry's rise to prominence again after problems early in his career by BBC (on front page). In it is detailed conversation with Nouri who coached gnabry at bremen. His insight is really interesting and the work he did with gnabry definitely got him his mojo back and allowed him to then progress to hoffenheim for a year before making switch to bayern and shining (remember he was damaged goods coming back from arsenal due to shitty loan at west brom).

With nouri back in a good managerial role, assistant at hertha with a lot of high potential players on their team, he will gain experience there too. He seems to be really good at working with young players, he was successful enough as youth coach of bremen to get full time job, promoted a lot of young players into first team there too. Also he will learn some good managerial skills hopefully from klinssman, who although clueless tactically is good at motivating and leading a team (esp one that isnt too high level with many stars).

I have a feeling we havent seen last of nouri yet. Getting this job means he is still highly rated in german football coaching circles, which is pretty damn challenging considering competition there. Likes of kia and hashemian cant get a proper job working with u21 team or senior team, even as one of general backroom staff to save their life atm.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50556045

interesting read on serge gnabry's rise to prominence again after problems early in his career by BBC (on front page). In it is detailed conversation with Nouri who coached gnabry at bremen. His insight is really interesting and the work he did with gnabry definitely got him his mojo back and allowed him to then progress to hoffenheim for a year before making switch to bayern and shining (remember he was damaged goods coming back from arsenal due to shitty loan at west brom).

With nouri back in a good managerial role, assistant at hertha with a lot of high potential players on their team, he will gain experience there too. He seems to be really good at working with young players, he was successful enough as youth coach of bremen to get full time job, promoted a lot of young players into first team there too. Also he will learn some good managerial skills hopefully from klinssman, who although clueless tactically is good at motivating and leading a team (esp one that isnt too high level with many stars).

I have a feeling we havent seen last of nouri yet. Getting this job means he is still highly rated in german football coaching circles, which is pretty damn challenging considering competition there. Likes of kia and hashemian cant get a proper job working with u21 team or senior team, even as one of general backroom staff to save their life atm.
      Imagine Nouri working with ARJ at Bremen... NUT

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Imagine Nouri working with ARJ at Bremen... NUT
        I would do anything to see ARJ join nouri in hertha that would be a very mutually beneficial move IMO
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Nouri is hugely overrated in this place!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
            Nouri is hugely overrated in this place!
            I think so far he has shown to be tactically totally clueless at high level.

However, the fact he is being given opportunities in a coaching environment as competitive as germany, with so many excellent young coaches around, means he must have something about him (I think it is the quality of his work with younger players). The german football system comparatively has very little party baazi involved, look at all the talents, both playing and coaching, infrastructure, etc, etc. They are the best of the best. If they are willing to continue giving nouri, who was not a special player or household name, who doesnt have any special connections to one particular club, why should we totally discard him?

Anyways, what former iranian players (bar golmo who has done really solid work recently) are having any success coaching at the moment? Nouri just turned 40! Many players are just retiring then lol, this guy was already head coach of a successful u21 team, two senior teams, one in bundesliga, one in bundesliga 2, and now is assistant at hertha. Might be worth just keeping an eye on him at least...

Comment

Jürgen Klinsmann has resigned as coach of Hertha Berlin. Nouri will take over for the time being. Hope he delivers good results and takes this chance

Comment

Originally posted by Naap View Post
                Jürgen Klinsmann has resigned as coach of Hertha Berlin. Nouri will take over for the time being. Hope he delivers good results and takes this chance
                If klinsmann resigned from Hertha Berlin after 2 months, I couldn't imagine how long he would have stay TM could (if he would have accepted it at the first place). The same with some unrealistic names some members throw to bash Skocic choice

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  I think so far he has shown to be tactically totally clueless at high level.
                  However, the fact he is being given opportunities in a coaching environment as competitive as germany, with so many excellent young coaches around, means he must have something about him (I think it is the quality of his work with younger players). The german football system comparatively has very little party baazi involved, look at all the talents, both playing and coaching, infrastructure, etc, etc. They are the best of the best. If they are willing to continue giving nouri, who was not a special player or household name, who doesnt have any special connections to one particular club, why should we totally discard him?
                  Anyways, what former iranian players (bar golmo who has done really solid work recently) are having any success coaching at the moment? Nouri just turned 40! Many players are just retiring then lol, this guy was already head coach of a successful u21 team, two senior teams, one in bundesliga, one in bundesliga 2, and now is assistant at hertha. Might be worth just keeping an eye on him at least...
                  Lol "tactically clueless" is a stretch, he's the only Iranian that has managed a Bundesliga team, and managed to get good enough results as caretaker to the point where the club made him a permanent signing. It didn't end up working out the next season, but you can't discount the success he had during the first one. Being an assistant coach in the BL is also nothing small. I agree with everything else you've said though.

He's definitely not overrated. He's stuck to his job and has been doing his rounds in the German coaching system. I love that Iranians love to bash anyone with success and attribute it to luck or timing. What a load of embarrassing nonsense.
                  Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                  محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                  - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                  X