Past and present Iranian GKs and PKs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Past and present Iranian GKs and PKs

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 537 Posts

Past and present Iranian GKs and PKs

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Let's discuss our present and past TM/club Iranian GKs and their penalty stopping abilities. I feel like the last Iranian GK that had amazing PK stopping reflexes was Vahid Talebloo. Who do you guys think should be listed?

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,292 Times in 4,393 Posts
    This thread begins and ends with Abedzadeh.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Talebloo was very good at PKs, however in the shootout with South Korea many years ago, he couldn't stop much and we lost. Otherwise, he was very average imo.
    Rahmati had top notch reflexes, arguably some of the best in the world, and prior to his expulsion by Quiroz, he was the most comfortable GK with regards to reflexes on shots, 1-v-1s, and headers. Look at his highlights, some of the saves he made were on par with Julio Cesar, Manuel Neur, and Casillas in their primes.
    Mirzapour - Very good reflexes however his legacy will always be tarnished by Mexico 2006
    Abedzadeh was the standardbearer when it comes to top notch GK. However I feel many times we look at him with very rose tinted glasses like how some look at Rafsanjani after his death. Abedzadeh was at times super aggressive coming out of the goal and would give up headers and shots that he would have otherwise stopped if he had remained between the pipes. He was the best GK in the last 30 years with regards to reflexes, command of the D, and ability to make saves.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRasooli For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 965 Posts
    I don't know how others feel about this, but I reckon if we had Rahmati instead of Haghighi, we would have won that penalty shootout against Iraq in AC 2015.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to littlepersia17 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,151 Posts
    current our tm goalkeeper are young since rahmati is cut all together(thank god), beiranvand need more experenice, however after abedzadeh we have failed to have a good good keeper which is a disapointment

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,316 Times in 3,838 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepersia17 View Post
    I don't know how others feel about this, but I reckon if we had Rahmati instead of Haghighi, we would have won that penalty shootout against Iraq in AC 2015.
    lol, that was the most dreadful PK shoot-out performance ive ever seen from a keeper in any game..!! the guy didnt guess right even once from my recollections..!??
    in a game where most all our players played outa their skins and bravely well above their usual levels, him and Haj Safi pretty much ridan to oon all over that game raft...!!
    i dont recall feeling that exasperated and frustrated after a TM loss ever before..!
    PS
    imo, to perform well in a PK situation, it take just about as much intelligence as quick reflexes and skills ..! (so im not so sure we would have 100% won that PK-shootout vs Iraq with Rahmati , although we certainly had a far better chance of it)
    i've seen some keepers with dreadful reflexes and skills do quiet well saving PKs, mostly because they were good @ anticipating and psychoanalyzing the PK-takers..!
    Abedzade didnt really have incredible keeper skills and reflexes but he was oozing with game intelligence and confidence and had absolute calm and control over his emotions..!
    he'd probably be my 1st choice as iranian gaolkeeper in a PK shootout !
    "In this Bright Future, You Can't Forget your Past"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 48

You do not have permission to view the list of names.