Past and present Iranian GKs and PKs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past and present Iranian GKs and PKs

Let's discuss our present and past TM/club Iranian GKs and their penalty stopping abilities. I feel like the last Iranian GK that had amazing PK stopping reflexes was Vahid Talebloo. Who do you guys think should be listed?

This thread begins and ends with Abedzadeh.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Talebloo was very good at PKs, however in the shootout with South Korea many years ago, he couldn't stop much and we lost. Otherwise, he was very average imo.
      Rahmati had top notch reflexes, arguably some of the best in the world, and prior to his expulsion by Quiroz, he was the most comfortable GK with regards to reflexes on shots, 1-v-1s, and headers. Look at his highlights, some of the saves he made were on par with Julio Cesar, Manuel Neur, and Casillas in their primes.
      Mirzapour - Very good reflexes however his legacy will always be tarnished by Mexico 2006
      Abedzadeh was the standardbearer when it comes to top notch GK. However I feel many times we look at him with very rose tinted glasses like how some look at Rafsanjani after his death. Abedzadeh was at times super aggressive coming out of the goal and would give up headers and shots that he would have otherwise stopped if he had remained between the pipes. He was the best GK in the last 30 years with regards to reflexes, command of the D, and ability to make saves.

Comment

I don't know how others feel about this, but I reckon if we had Rahmati instead of Haghighi, we would have won that penalty shootout against Iraq in AC 2015.

Comment

current our tm goalkeeper are young since rahmati is cut all together(thank god), beiranvand need more experenice, however after abedzadeh we have failed to have a good good keeper which is a disapointment

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            I don't know how others feel about this, but I reckon if we had Rahmati instead of Haghighi, we would have won that penalty shootout against Iraq in AC 2015.
            lol, that was the most dreadful PK shoot-out performance ive ever seen from a keeper in any game..!! the guy didnt guess right even once from my recollections..!??
            in a game where most all our players played outa their skins and bravely well above their usual levels, him and Haj Safi pretty much ridan to oon all over that game raft...!!
            i dont recall feeling that exasperated and frustrated after a TM loss ever before..!
            PS
            imo, to perform well in a PK situation, it take just about as much intelligence as quick reflexes and skills ..! (so im not so sure we would have 100% won that PK-shootout vs Iraq with Rahmati , although we certainly had a far better chance of it)
            i've seen some keepers with dreadful reflexes and skills do quiet well saving PKs, mostly because they were good @ anticipating and psychoanalyzing the PK-takers..!
            Abedzade didnt really have incredible keeper skills and reflexes but he was oozing with game intelligence and confidence and had absolute calm and control over his emotions..!
            he'd probably be my 1st choice as iranian gaolkeeper in a PK shootout !

Comment

Originally posted by DRasooli View Post
              Abedzadeh was the standardbearer when it comes to top notch GK. However I feel many times we look at him with very rose tinted glasses like how some look at Rafsanjani after his death. Abedzadeh was at times super aggressive coming out of the goal and would give up headers and shots that he would have otherwise stopped if he had remained between the pipes. He was the best GK in the last 30 years with regards to reflexes, command of the D, and ability to make saves.
              That certainly was one of his weaknesses although he gradually improved upon it. Twice I remember that it cost us. In 1989 in our away game against China, for their second goal he took a few steps out to intercept a cross but suddenly decided against it ad backpedaled towards the goal and was scored upon with a header. That same year in a game with Guinea while we were leading 1-0 he conceded after poor positioning from a header off of a free kick.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Technically Abedzadeh was not the best keeper i ever have seen, but what made him unique was his braveness, he was able to calm everyone under the pressure. Can't recall any goalkeeper in Iran with such an attitude, even Naser Khan! He was also constantly communicating with his defenders.

Comment

Technically, tactically, in being a leader, in reflexes, in strength, in any aspect you think a goalkeeper should posses, Abedzadeh was hands down the best Iranian goalkeeper I have seen to date, with or without rose tinted glasses.

Comment

I remember when talebloo went in net for pk in Asian cup and he missed every shot
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Also id like to see haghigh given the next few games
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                      X