Lack of quality agent in our football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of quality agent in our football

I strongly believe one of the biggest obstacles in our players transfer to Europe is lack of having a quality agent, adviser.
    I mean not all 18-20 years old kids have the same level of maturity and that is where the agents, advisers play HUGE role, it is pretty much the same process all around the world and not only in Football but also any other Pro Sport. Young talents stars learn how to talk, how to behave, and how to train because of having professional people around them.
    For while we had Fazeli, despite some criticizes he managed to transfer some of our footballers to some decent clubs in top leagues. I think the main issue is that agents who work with our players also don't have enough connection with top league teams, so for them getting our players to Russia, Belgium, Greece, Croatia can also be considered as an achievement in their own career.as well. Beghole Marouf Saghfe arezouha hamin keshvarast baraye in agent ha.

With new generation of some talented footballers such as Ghaedi, Delfi, Derakhshnimehr, Soltanimehr, Shariati, Mohammad Sharifi, Shekari and the rest shining in our football in different levels, i hope to see more professional agents and adviser work with these kids, and hope to not again see cases like Azmoun when Dad, Hasan, Taghi, Naghi, friends become an agent. You need some education, knowledge, reputation and most important the connection to get the job done as an agent.

^ I agree 100%, This is our biggest problem as our players are not represented fairly and professionally. Good thread.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Well said it's definitely one of the bigger issues in our football....I think it's important to note though that our more recent legionaires have moved to Europe at younger ages than some of our previous generations. When azmoun went to Russia 99% of PFDC hadn't heard of him and when JB went to holland 50-60% didn't know who he was either. So while what you're saying is very true, it's also important to talk about the perks of these guys leaving Iran at younger ages too because that is a major difference between this generation and any other generation we have had in our history
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I posted a while back about this topic. I was willing to work on it, as I have a few connections at big sports agencies like Wasserman in the US that has great representatives. I can very easily get a FIFA Agent license as an attorney, and have worked with a few agents that manage MLS/NASL/USL players in America, as well as some American footballers in Europe.

My issue is that Iran is a very difficult place to work as an American-Iranian. I went to Iran last year, and tried to build some connections with players, but sadly it is a very predatory environment for our young players.

The Mickey Mouse agents within Iran are worthless, so that is why many players go with friends and family. I would love to work with some of these young players from a professional point of view, modeled on American agencies, but it is almost impossible given the situation. Gaining access to young players who are willing to work with an American-Iranian agent is a hard sell. Sadly, we either have agents who will sell players to Arabestan because their only thought is money, or we have fathers as agents who do not have the experience or capability to negotiate proper, unbiased contracts for their children/family.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          I posted a while back about this topic. I was willing to work on it, as I have a few connections at big sports agencies like Wasserman in the US that has great representatives. I can very easily get a FIFA Agent license as an attorney, and have worked with a few agents that manage MLS/NASL/USL players in America, as well as some American footballers in Europe.

My issue is that Iran is a very difficult place to work as an American-Iranian. I went to Iran last year, and tried to build some connections with players, but sadly it is a very predatory environment for our young players.

The Mickey Mouse agents within Iran are worthless, so that is why many players go with friends and family. I would love to work with some of these young players from a professional point of view, modeled on American agencies, but it is almost impossible given the situation. Gaining access to young players who are willing to work with an American-Iranian agent is a hard sell. Sadly, we either have agents who will sell players to Arabestan because their only thought is money, or we have fathers as agents who do not have the experience or capability to negotiate proper, unbiased contracts for their children/family.
          Experience and reputation is the key, we need agents who transferred many players to top 4-5 leagues in Europe, not the ones which their greatest achievement is transferring some one to second, 3rd rated European leagues, and sadly in most cases is called DALLAL, not even agent!

As i said, Fazeli despite some criticizes and some not very good feedback which i heard about him during years was one Ok agent for our players, i mean he was/is the agent of many well known footballers.

Unfortunately in such a sick football like us, everyone think about their own pocket before of players benefit. I mean the good root cause analysis of this issue can be looking at Korean, Japanese players agent, we talk about the same level of football, i am pretty sure they don't hire, Abbas Agha Dallal kind of people as the agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            Experience and reputation is the key, we need agents who transferred many players to top 4-5 leagues in Europe, not the ones which their greatest achievement is transferring some one to second, 3rd rated European leagues, and sadly in most cases is called DALLAL, not even agent!

As i said, Fazeli despite some criticizes and some not very good feedback which i heard about him during years was one Ok agent for our players, i mean he was/is the agent of many well known footballers.

Unfortunately in such a sick football like us, everyone think about their own pocket before of players benefit. I mean the good root cause analysis of this issue can be looking at Korean, Japanese players agent, we talk about the same level of football, i am pretty sure they don't hire, Abbas Agha Dallal kind of people as the agent.
            Good points, but because of the political situation in Iran, and the general corruption in many industries, we do not have easy access to quality European agents. I don't know of many teams that scout within Iran because of the political situation. It is difficult for an agent to come negotiate with young players signed to teams like Saipa, because as we see, these teams make the lives of outsiders a living hell. They want their palms greased with bribes and whatnot in order for you to have access to their youth players. It is not a normal situation, and not as easy as a corrupt nation like Brazil, which has pretty open borders to outsiders.

Agents cannot easily fly into Iran, set up a week long scouting session and sign players for which they see potential. In most other countries, this is the process. We also don't have many big name players coming out of Iran at the moment. A big agent would be more interested in Iranian players if an Iranian Ozil, Hazard, etc. emerged. Iran has talent, but no big agent is going to go out of his way to deal with the headache of dealing with Iran if there isn't a potential superstar in Iran.

We have quality players, but no superstars at the moment. If Azmoun or Jahanbakhsh make it as household names, believe me there will be more agents scouting in Iran. At the moment, there is no rush to gain Iranian players as clients. Not enough money in it for the big name agents at the moment.

Someone like me who cares about our players' futures does not have the big name or enough connections to get them into big teams, sadly.

EDIT: PFDC has a strong reach, and if anyone knows of players that could use solid representation, they should post it here. I always read people having encounters with up-and-coming Iranian players, even ones like Tafazolli. ASK THEM! You never know, maybe they need good representation, and cannot find it! Even if I cannot personally be of service, I know big agents in America that I can refer them to.

Comment

Working...
            X