Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are our legionnaires really that good?

Hey guys.

I have been wondering about this for a while and had discussions about it. Are our legionnaires really that good or have we just hyped them up as soon as they transfer to Europe? I mean, Azmoun is often benched, Ezzatollahi and Ali Karimi never gets any playing time, Ansarifard is left out of the squad, Kaveh Rezai is benched and now Rezaeian is benched as well.

The only players that plays regurlary are Shojaei, Hajsafi, Jahanbaksh and Gucci. Dejagah cant even find a club, but I think that he will soon, even if it is a second division team.

Are our expectations just too high when our players just dont have what it takes or is it because of language barriers and difficulties to adapt that our players cant perform?

I believe that they just dont have what it takes and that our strong TM performances is because of the team and CQ tactics. And of course, Asia isnt near Europe when it comes down to the world cup.

Interesting to read what you think.

They have the talent and potential. They're just too childish and lack the mental strength to succeed

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
      The only players that plays regurlary are Shojaei, Hajsafi, Jahanbaksh and Gucci.
      Milad Mohammadi too.

But no, as you say they're not that good! That's because they lack the professional mind needed. If that was set, I can not see why they couldn't become big international players.

Unfortunately our mindset is not good for team work, but rather good for individual performances, like Weightlifting and Wrestling.

Comment

Yes u have a valid point

Comment

Language can't be the barrier, I saw Masoud control the team against Maccabi. But maybe his English is just better. But then again, the others have also been in Europe for a while now, except the ones who joined in Belgium.

Comment

In Asia we are nr 1. As a team we are at level of an average European team but not better.

Comment

We only had a single 100% good Legionair and that was Mahdavikia. He was a World Class Player and that many many years in Hamburg. Hashemian/Daei also did pretty well but never came close to what Mehdi achieved in Europe. Right now Gucci is pretty solid but has to show more of last seasons Spirit in the next years. Sardar....well he plays in Russia....at least its something.

Comment

Our legionnaires are good. Their agents are just amateur, because someone like Sardar and especially Saeid are stuck in crappy non fitting clubs like Rubin and Rostov.

Comment

Not a good start of the season for many of them unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
                    We only had a single 100% good Legionair and that was Mahdavikia. He was a World Class Player and that many many years in Hamburg. Hashemian/Daei also did pretty well but never came close to what Mehdi achieved in Europe. Right now Gucci is pretty solid but has to show more of last seasons Spirit in the next years. Sardar....well he plays in Russia....at least its something.
                    And Nekounam too. He's underrated af. Idk why a lot of Iranians leave him out of the all time best Iranian players. The guy was the only Asian player to ever have a long, lasting, and successful career in La Liga

Comment

Out of all of them Ezzatollahi and Rezaeian are two pivots of NT and need to play, i don't mind if Kaveh, Ali Karimi, or even Dejagah and Karim are benched or not playing, we have other alternatives, but Saeid and Ramin lack of playing time hurting TM in long term, because they are by far the best in their positions in TM. Anyway in case of Rezaeian is only one match, let see what happens later on but Saeid didn't get single minute in 4 weeks is quite worrying situation, specially when Rostov lost lots of their key starters this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Our legionnaires are good. Their agents are just amateur, because someone like Sardar and especially Saeid are stuck in crappy non fitting clubs like Rubin and Rostov.
                        I dont buy that. Even though their agents are crap, they cant compete in their "non fitting" teams. They are benched or subbed out every game. That means that they are not in the same level as the other players. I dont believe that Sardar is a great player, he is average. Saeid may be a better player in a few years, but he needs experience. As of right now, he doesnt cut it in Rostov. Their agents must find weaker clubs for them in better leagues, maybe then they can play in a more developing league and become better players.

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire
                          In Asia Japan is currently ahead of us when it comes to legionnaires. They have 10 or so players who play regularly in the top leagues.
                          Korea has 7-8 players in top 4-5 leagues in Europe also.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Out of all of them Ezzatollahi and Rezaeian are two pivots of NT and need to play, i don't mind if Kaveh, Ali Karimi, or even Dejagah and Karim are benched or not playing, we have other alternatives, but Saeid and Ramin lack of playing time hurting TM in long term, because they are by far the best in their positions in TM. Anyway in case of Rezaeian is only one match, let see what happens later on but Saeid didn't get single minute in 4 weeks is quite worrying situation, specially when Rostov lost lots of their key starters this season!
                            Come on man Rezaeian just got there he started one game and was on the bench for one or two. Remember when you suggested Milad Mo leave terek bc he wasn't getting enough playing time in the beginning? Look at him now.....let's be a bit more patient here. Saeid on the other hand should leave Rostov ASAP
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Come on man Rezaeian just got there he started one game and was on the bench for one or two. Remember when you suggested Milad Mo leave terek bc he wasn't getting enough playing time in the beginning? Look at him now.....let's be a bit more patient here. Saeid on the other hand should leave Rostov ASAP
                              When did i say Mohammadi should leave Terek? If you have read my post carefully i said in case of Rezaeian is only one game, but getting not enough playing time can't be a good thing for TM players in WC year!

Comment

Working...
                              X