Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any members will go to Russia to see TM games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any members will go to Russia to see TM games?

I was thinking to go and see Iran in the world cup and it would be nice to see if anyone else is going so we can share and compare the packages or even perhaps get a package discount as it would be cheaper if we get them together. Anyone in North America or what do you guys think? If we go, I could create a banner to take with us or even help organize the trip, so let me know.
    Last edited by webmaster; 07-31-2017, 07:27 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    I was thinking to go and see Iran in the world cup and it would be nice to see if anyone else is going so we can share and compare the packages or even perhaps get a package discount as it would be cheaper if we get them together. Anyone in North America or what do you guys think? If we go, I could create a banner to take with us or even help organize the trip, so let me know.
    Webbie jaan,

I will let you know. My brother and father have talked about it. Would be great to chill. I think Bi-Honar is really into these things, he just moved to Spain but I'm sure he's interested.

Comment

I think I might be going with my girlfriend! I am in Los Angeles .

Comment

If I go to Russia, I'll go in May, before the WC.

Fact is, during WC there'll be too many tourists, cities crowded, and prices double/triple of what they usually are.

By going in May, I get to experience all the buzz around the country, its cities and atmosphere, at fraction of the price and it'll be much more peaceful.

Let's be honest, the games are only a few hours during the match, and after that you'd like to explore the city, go see sights, have a good time. When it's all overcrowded, disorganized, it'll be challenging. I'd strongly avoid anywhere with British fans though. They always get pissed pissed drunk and have no idea who how tough Russian police are. They aren't pussies like French/UK police, I remember I was asked to stop and present my passport in St. Petersburg, because I jaywalked an empty street !!

But then again....it all depends on the draw in December, my mind could change

Comment

I really want to go, don't know how to go about it.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Definitely interested and I may have a plus one or two.

Edit: Im on the east coast.

Comment

Really want to go, but depends if there is anybody to go with here from Denmark.

Comment

I'm planning on going from Vancouver, would be a pleasure to meet you webmaster jan. For now my plan is to go alone but I might find a plus 1.

Comment

anyone know how the ticket system work ?

Comment

IM going with wife and two kids in tow from Toronto!

Comment

I will be going along with another individual. Already got a travel agent working on it.

Comment

Yes Kamran jan, I'm definetly going with my wife and I know my mum and uncles are coming too.

I'm not sure what the deal with airbnb is over there but I looked at some listings and they were all really sketchy and old units so I ended up booking hotels in 6 different cities with free cancellation for a period of 2 weeks and I can make changes to that reservation if Iran ended up playing in any of those cities.

It would be awesome to catch up with fellow PFDC members while we're in Russia.

Comment

Would probably only be able to make it for one of Iran's games. Not sure about how fun Russia will be outside of the matches.

In Belo Horizonte, everyone was so laid back that it felt like I had taken a trip on a random weekend to Orlando/Miami. The World Cup spots were very clearly demarcated but things didn't pick up until at least 6/7 at night.

Comment

Realistically, I will try to make it to 1 group stage game of Team Melli. Considering my budget I can't afford to stay in Russia for a considerable time...

Comment

All -

I'm planning to come with my dad and brother from Los Angeles. I can't take more than 2 weeks off of work. I'm wondering if this will be enough time to see all 4 (hehe) of Iran's matches given scheduling. Probably not. My goal is to follow the team from city to city. I really hope to god TM's games aren't in tokhmi random Russian cities.

Would love to coordinate and pool resources and knowledge. Can't wait! This is a dream come true for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X