Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the record arrivals for Brighton to put things into perspective ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
      https://twitter.com/LiveTransferNew/...33642119057411
      Up to Jahanbakhsh to make his choice according to this.
      Interesting dilemma for the player.

Recent Premier League champions (Leicester City) or lower league newcomers (Brighton & Hove Albion) to the Premier League?

Both clubs play a similar 4-4-1-1 with two wide players, ostensibly wingers.
      Leicester have the mundane Marc Albrighton and the inconsistent and more exciting Demarai Gray currently in the side.
      Brighton have the speedy Jose Izquierdo (Colombia) and the tricky but slow Anthony Knockaert currently in the side and Solly March as reserve.
      Leicester's need might even be greater? (with the departure of Mahrez)

All the bottom 14 clubs are in danger of relegation so the idea of mid-table safety seems remote.

Leicester have the edge because of an ageing Jamie Vardy (20 goals) last season. Brighton defence is better but were incompetent at defending set pieces in their first season.

Leicester have the bigger ground, average attendances 31,583 to Brighton at 30,403 but both fill up for every game.

Comment

i think leicster is better than brighton

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
          i think leicster is better than brighton
          you have a solid point there

Comment

All I know is that whoever gets our boy Alireza will be very VERY lucky.

Before you start bashing Jahanbakhsh, watch a few of his matches. If you don’t think matches against Zwolle or Groningen are good enough then by all means watch the games vs FC Twente, Ajax and PSV. Jahanbakhsh is a key player in those matches. Of course there are a few exceptions where he had an off day. But overall he is a team player and one who serves his team.

I underlined “team” and “serves” because this is what millions watched Alireza do for Iran at the World Cup.

You see, unfortunately we have a few brain dead individuals who assume just because Team Melli defended the majority of their minutes in Russia, that Alireza is not worthy of the Premiership. They are unaware or do not want to accept the fact that this is a PROFESSIONAL football player who SERVES his team and FOLLOWS his coaches orders.

Defending at the World Cup does NOT erase the hard work that he put into the 2017-2018 Eredivisie season. Another note to keep in mind is the fact that just a few years ago Alireza helped promote N.E.C. back to Eredivisie and won player of the league. This is a reason for which many lower to mid table English Premier League clubs are after him as well. Because they know this player has the experience when times are tough.

Every factor is put into perspective before these clubs choose a player. These clubs do NOT just look at his performance at the World Cup and just write him off. They obviously do their research.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is a fantastic winger from Asia and in my honest opinion THE best winger from AFC. Of course we have many Japanese Korean as well as Australian wingers who played a more attaching style of football at Russia 2018. But let me REITERATE that just because Jahanbakhsh defended following orders of Queiroz does not equate to being less than the Japanese or Koreans (for example).

Maybe I’m giving him a little too much credit here. But his versatile nature as a footballer makes me proud. It has been a long long time since we’ve had a professional player to really be a fan of. Alireza is the perfect example for EVERY domestic Iranian talent to follow. Such a dedicated and hardworking player. He has a great attitude and tries to make the best decisions on and off the field.

I have so much respect for Jahanbakhsh that I can go on and on and on..

Comment

Jahanbakhsh has made brilliant decisions so far in his career. From joining NEC, to staying with them for a second year to choosing AZ and remaining with them until World Cup to become the best player in the league.

So even if I would have hoped for bigger clubs, I think he will make another good choice.

Comment

Hi, Brighton fan here. Just thought I’d address a couple of points raised here.

- We aren’t the biggest club in the world, we know that. In fact, we’re one of the smallest clubs in the Premier League. However we have improved almost every season since our current chairman Tony Bloom took over. From a third division relegation battle to staying up in the Premier League with games to spare in. We have; IMO, one of the best managers in the country and our scouting network is second to none (Groß for 3m, Ryan for 5m, Knockaert for 2.5m etc)

- Ali J(sorry I haven’t learnt to spell his name yet, apologies) wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting place, but that’s because nobody is! However if he came in and shows the talent you all believe he is capable of then obviously he would become one of the first names on the team sheet. His main challenge would be Knockaert, who’s a fans favourite but struggled to have much impact last season so competition for him would be welcomed

- There’s a lot of posts on here saying we have a terrible defence, mainly from the child with a dabbing spongebob photo. This just isn’t true though. Only 8 teams conceded less goals than us last year (The big 6, Burnley & Newcastle). Our entire problem was we didn’t score enough goals, our defence was mainly fine. The only teams to really thrash us were Liverpool (Home & Away) and Chelsea (Home). Apart from that we held our own against everyone, beating Man.U & Arsenal at home, drawing with Spurs at home and being unlucky not to get something from Man City (H), Man.U (A) and Arsenal (A)

- We have already moved to strengthen our weak points from last season. Florian Andone has been bought in up front, to compete with Juergen Locadia who we signed in January. We’ve signed Yves Bissouma from Lile, who is incredibly highly rated to strengthen our midfield options and give us someone who can run from deep. Bernardo was brought in from Leipzig to improve our fullback situation. He played in the Champions League last year so he’s no mug. We’ve also brought in a back-up CB and look likely to bring in one more. I think we’ve comfortably had a better pre-season than Leicester who so far have sold their best player and signed Liverpool’s 3rd choice goalkeeper.

Maybe we aren’t the dream move you hoped one of your best players would get, but I can promise you that if he does come here and he works hard that we could simply end up being a stepping stone. A good season or two in the bottom half of the prem could easily catapult him to a much bigger club. If we get two good seasons out of him and make a handsome profit before selling him to Arsenal or Napoli then surely it’s worked out for everyone?

Comment

Brighton is the best club for him in EPL, great manager, stable environment and only real competition comes from Izquierdo, March and Knockaert. Izquierdo is a great blueprint of how ARJ will be bedded in, exciting winger coming from a shit league and slowly being allowed to adjust and establish himself without the pressure of being forced into the team and having the responsibility of replacing someone like Mahrez. Stop with the Chelsea rumours too please, it's embarrasing ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post

- We aren’t the biggest club in the world, we know that. In fact, we’re one of the smallest clubs in the Premier League. However we have improved almost every season since our current chairman Tony Bloom took over. From a third division relegation battle to staying up in the Premier League with games to spare in. We have; IMO, one of the best managers in the country and our scouting network is second to none (Groß for 3m, Ryan for 5m, Knockaert for 2.5m etc)

- Ali J(sorry I haven’t learnt to spell his name yet, apologies) wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting place, but that’s because nobody is! However if he came in and shows the talent you all believe he is capable of then obviously he would become one of the first names on the team sheet. His main challenge would be Knockaert, who’s a fans favourite but struggled to have much impact last season so competition for him would be welcomed

- There’s a lot of posts on here saying we have a terrible defence, mainly from the child with a dabbing spongebob photo. This just isn’t true though. Only 8 teams conceded less goals than us last year (The big 6, Burnley & Newcastle). Our entire problem was we didn’t score enough goals, our defence was mainly fine. The only teams to really thrash us were Liverpool (Home & Away) and Chelsea (Home). Apart from that we held our own against everyone, beating Man.U & Arsenal at home, drawing with Spurs at home and being unlucky not to get something from Man City (H), Man.U (A) and Arsenal (A)

- We have already moved to strengthen our weak points from last season. Florian Andone has been bought in up front, to compete with Juergen Locadia who we signed in January. We’ve signed Yves Bissouma from Lile, who is incredibly highly rated to strengthen our midfield options and give us someone who can run from deep. Bernardo was brought in from Leipzig to improve our fullback situation. He played in the Champions League last year so he’s no mug. We’ve also brought in a back-up CB and look likely to bring in one more. I think we’ve comfortably had a better pre-season than Leicester who so far have sold their best player and signed Liverpool’s 3rd choice goalkeeper.

Maybe we aren’t the dream move you hoped one of your best players would get, but I can promise you that if he does come here and he works hard that we could simply end up being a stepping stone. A good season or two in the bottom half of the prem could easily catapult him to a much bigger club. If we get two good seasons out of him and make a handsome profit before selling him to Arsenal or Napoli then surely it’s worked out for everyone?
                    Hey welcome to PFDC! Quick question for you since I don't really follow Brighton. What sort of tactics do you guys play, defensive or attacking? And if you play defensive, do you guys rely on counter attacks to score, or simply hoof the ball up to the forwards and hope for a miracle?

Comment

Come on bro, 'mainly from the child with a dabbing spongebob photo. '? Your first post and you resort to insulting?

Ok, let me ask you this. If you don't have a terrible defence, shouldn't you be farther away than 3 spots from relegation? Conceeding 4 goals from Liverpool does not sound like good defence on a final match day. Another question, if you are conceeding that many goals, shouldn't you be working on your defence/possibly goalie? Mind you if you are planning to use the same defence, just know that many Premiership teams are improving their attack signifcantly and expect pressure on your back line.

Comment

Ignore that kid thats what most of us here do.
                        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Alireza on board of Austrian Airlines after ending his vacation in Iran. Interestingly Leicester are campingin Austria!

His agent says that his in the final stage of his negotiation for the club. When asked to revel the name,he only sufficed to say it is not a dutch club!

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                            Ignore that kid thats what most of us here do.
                            LOL why are you attacking me for? For what reason?!

Comment

http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopi...-for-brighton/

Comment

Hoorad, you are talking a lot of shit tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                X