Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1)Weak league focused on immediate results/aging players. Lack of youth

2) Agents looking for money over player success

3) Culture. Players dont want to leave family and support systems for rough challenge in W. Europe.

4) Lack of financial incentive for clubs to buy Iranian players(no company/jersey sales).. only exceptions is devaluation of transfer fee.

5) Positions. Azmoun is competing against strikers which is a flooded market. As is Ezzatollahi etc. The best chance for a top 5 league legionnaire we have is Mohammdi because good dual LB/LWBs are rare in this age esp ones with speed.

6) EU work permits needed.

7)Political image of Iran

8) Talent/Age --> We have prospects but they wait too long to plunge and by 24/25 they start to stagnate. I think Montazeri could easily play as a lower mid table rotated CB in La Liga but who springs for a player that old from Iran?

9) Reputation? Just recently we are cracking into Greece and Russia. The talent is seen. Those are second tier leagues in Europe. Slowly diffusing into European leagues lets us have more exposure more consistently.

I think any player of ours that is talented enough can get into RPL somehow with proper dialogue and connects.

Comment

We do have talent in the country. The youth have the raw talent and the physical qualities to be able to play at the high levels. We don't have the required youth training available to masses. We don't scout the players well enough. Look at our forwards. Until a couple years ago everybody cried that we don't have decent forwards.
      Last year we had one of the top three forwards in Russia, Greece and Netherlands. This year with Kaveh Rezaie in Belgic, Samizadeh in Scotland and Shahab Zahedi in Iceland, we can have many forwards doing good in these European countries.

If by next year after the World Cup we don't get a few people picked up in these better leagues, you can not blame for anything except Negative sentiment by the Clubs against Iranian players.

Comment

1. Lack of ambition from players to leave comfort zone and move abroad
        2. Club corruption to sell players
        3. EU passport issues

The only thing thats in our favor is CQ pushing these players to go to Europe

Comment

one of the big issue is clubs they are too greedy, like perspolis want 1 million euro for taremi, tell me why buy him for a million when they can buy a 18 years african players who run like a horse and score for half that, also iranian league is not strong enough, and they pay way to much hence why must a iranian player go to europe when he make more in artab league(mickey mouse league ) and iran , compare to europe. Europe is alot harder, living style,language and the enviroenemt. training is much harder and iran dont have good agents , most of them dont speak english and are not agents are dallas, now why would a player want to go europe, when pp or ss give him double of what a european team give him. there is way more pressure in europpe and you can be bench warmer in many games also, however i think the money issue is the biggest issue

Comment

Many of you mention politics, but I think that's the least of our problems.

More than anything, it's:
            1) money
            2) lack of ambition
            3) lack of youth setups
            4) unprofessional behaviour

Kia's academy has been up for what, two years at best? And yet his team is destroying all other youth teams. While this shows that what Kia is setting up is great, it also goes to show you how ridiculously horrible all the other teams are even though they've been around for longer.

There's another big reason too but I'll get grilled on these forums talking about it. It's Team Melli's playing style. We defend with 10 men and rarely score. Most Asian exports tend to be either attacking midfielders, wingers, or strikers. None of our players from this category are heading out because there isn't really anyone setting the league on fire, or playing incredibly on the world stage. Don't get me wrong, I love the results TM gets, but the style isn't helping the export.

-- and even if after all of that a player does perform well, they end up choosing money. See Taremi, Rezaeiyan, Rafiei, Pouraliganji, Hosseini, Sadeghian (+attitude).

Our players can definitely compete in second-tier European leagues, but most of them don't have the background to be able to (need the money for family). Beyranvand sold noon barbari as a teenager, then ran away from home to Tehran to be able to become an athlete, worked in a textile factory and slept there when he was 15, was homeless after and slept in Azadi sq., then worked in a pizza shop so he could sleep there, then worked in a carwash, then as a cleaner (roftegar), then slept in a Namazkhune when he was at Naft, and so on.
            Suffice it to say, as talented as he is, how can you expect him to move to some unknown 2. Bundesliga team and make 2,000 euros a month, when he can stay in Iran and have his house and car paid for, on top of being paid a salary 10x that?!

Now imagine if there was a proper youth academy that provided housing for kids and their families, and made sure these kids actually have the ability to succeed.
            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

we can not even organize a single show friendly between esteghlal and perspolis despite help from german DFB and sefarate alman and free stadium from Bielefeld, so how can we organize or fix a transfer....

even persian disco and concert managers would manage better management results in football business...
              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
              -

Comment

to sum it up: Janbeh! The majority of iranians don't have any.
                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

lack of
                  1, quality.
                  2, stamina.
                  3, language.
                  4, adesorianism.

to name a few
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                    All these teams don't want to put up with the baggage that comes with Iranian players.
                    None of our players can play ISRAEL. If any of these teams are drawn in games with teams from Israel in champions league or Europa league, they will get a lot of negative publicity.

That is the main reason.

End of day, there are a lot of Jewish investors in these teams, and they don't want Iranian players.
                    Like I said there are too much Drama with having Iranian players

Comment

Working...
                    X