Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karim is more than capable of being our lone forward. I rather go with the hot hand than the guy who has been struggling to score in cold and shitty conditions with no service. No one put a gun to Azmoun's head to play for Rubin.

I also would like to go with the guy with the IQ and intangibles who had put himself in the position to succeed, as opposed to going to a league or signing with a team that could potentially jeopardize his long term career.

Comment

we'd be lucky to be getting 1-2 REAL scoring chances in each game @ World Cup..! when playing highly defensive as a team and with 1 Forward, id much rather put my faith in guy with the best pedigree to Finish off those Very limited scoring chances..!
      that for me is Sardar and Reza...!!
      the other more defensively well rounded and work-horse attacking players can always be adapted to other suitable and needed positions on the pitch..!

We must Win the Morocco match and score at least 1 goal vs Portugal to somehow get a tie outa that game in order to move on..!!
      we simply Do Not Match-up well vs good passing, yeko do sorta teams that can easily neutralize our all out pressing D..! especially so a high quality Team in form of Spain...!! it would take a near miracle for us to not loose that game, and probably an immense effort to avoid getting over-run and embarrassed..! that would be about the only game that benching so subbing off early Sardar/Reza in favor of Kaveh or possibly Taremi/Karim would make some sense to me ..!

Comment

As you know, Sardar missed an open goal from 5 yards today. He was under pressure from a defender and without any replays I can't tell you if actually the defender made a succesful tackle. His general play was very good I thought though.

Shekari played the 2nd half, and it was the first time I've seen him play, I thought he was the better of the young players and showed good technical ability, though perhaps needs to toughen up.

Also, in the 2nd part of Berdyev's interview he gives detailed answers about Azmoun.

Q: Has the story with Azman not spoiled your relationship with the club and the leadership?

- I think no. The information with his contract to the management was not what was reported. After all, from the very beginning it was said that the rights belong to Rubin, which did not correspond to reality. There was a clause in the contract of $2.5 million. And if a club will pay this money, they could make a transfer with the consent of the player. As a result, Rostov sent an official request with a proposal of $2.5 million. Rubin did not respond within a 30-day period, meaning the player could leave. As a result, in fact, the player left Rubin for free. It was a matter of decency, because there were all the documents, but just information was misinformed to the management. The decision to not sue Rostov made sense.

Q: For how many years is Azman contracted with the club now?

- We signed him for free on a three year contract. There is are no clauses in the contract. He asked for there not to be. He trusts us.

Q: What is his potential?

- The downside is that it is difficult for him to cope with external pressure. To him, the transfer windows were huge, just crazy interest: all clubs call us and his father. And these are top clubs: Arsenal and Celtic. Everton - the owner is an Iranian who came out on me and tried to negotiate a transfer. Azmiun has millions of fans, incredible attention - he could not cope with this pressure. And then he came to the Rubin after a good season, it all turned his head. I'm grateful that God tested him this way. If he had not scored a single goal at all this season, it would have been even better. I told him that Allah punishes him for his celebrity behaviour: "You'll have loads of chances, but you don't score any." He did test fate in Rostov, where he had two or three chance and he scored, there was a crazy realisation. But for an attacker luck means a lot. Serdar as a result struggled in the team and lost his place, injuries came. This unprofessionalism manifested itself in such a difficult season. Only in the match vs Lokomotiv did I see the Azmoun that we need.

Q: This period will make him stronger?

- Such periods are necessary. I'm very glad that he has passed it.

Q: In summer the club signed another Iranian - Shekari. Is it a player of the same capabilities?

- The potential is very high. He came to Rostov to trial, we looked at him. But now he as a player who is forming on the inside, he has an imbalance in his body, pulling muscles sometimes. Now, he slowly grows stronger. He was on the list of the best young players according to the Guardian newspaper. But we still took him at Rostov, he came to training, he was at training camps.

Q: Is the Iranian market beyond the understanding of Europeans?

They just do not know it. This market is really limitless.

Q: It was discovered by Dmitry Samarenkin?

- Are you talking about Haghighi? In principle, we knew about him before, but he was brought to Rubin without my knowledge. He was weaker than our players. It was a marketing move. But the guy lost time here, lost his place in the national team, went on loan. He could have grown into a great goalkeeper.

Q: What do you expect from Azmun in the future?

- I think, at the World Cup, he will prove himself. In the future, he is able to prive himself at a top club. I do not even doubt it, because I know the attackers who play there, I know his capabilities and I can compare. He has an amazing jump, he's pretty fast. In general, both Azmoun and Kanunnikov are hostage to the absence of creative players in the centre of the field. On tactical training, I show the team how many times Kanunnikov and Azmoun successfully make a move to go one on one with the goalkeeper. Somehow for one game I counted four of Kanunnikov's runs and two from Azmoun, but not a single pass was made for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          we'd be lucky to be getting 1-2 REAL scoring chances in each game @ World Cup..! when playing highly defensive as a team and with 1 Forward, id much rather put my faith in guy with the best pedigree to Finish off those Very limited scoring chances..!
          that for me is Sardar and Reza...!!
          the other more defensively well rounded and work-horse attacking players can always be adapted to other suitable and needed positions on the pitch..!

We must Win the Morocco match and score at least 1 goal vs Portugal to somehow get a tie outa that game in order to move on..!!
          we simply Do Not Match-up well vs good passing, yeko do sorta teams that can easily neutralize our all out pressing D..! especially so a high quality Team in form of Spain...!! it would take a near miracle for us to not loose that game, and probably an immense effort to avoid getting over-run and embarrassed..! that would be about the only game that benching so subbing off early Sardar/Reza in favor of Kaveh or possibly Taremi/Karim would make some sense to me ..!
          Sardar will start in the Morocco match barring injury, but it is worrying that he has been lethargic for both club and country since his June transfer. Sadly, like Javeed, we will be riding into Russia on the coattails of his success against Bayern and Atletico nearly a year ago. He will get the spot based on these performances, but denying his regression as a player and poor attitude on the pitch since moving to Kazan will set many of you up for disappointment.

If he is walking around the pitch like he has been for TM recently, we will be in trouble. The guy seems to have lost his will since making this move for comfort. Talent-wise he is the best striker, attitude wise he is a very worrisome player. I can easily see him being neutralized by Morocco’s solid defense, and our expectations that he will be our savior ignore the writing on the wall. He is out of form, he needs to regain it. If we enter Russia with him in his current form, I’m not optimistic. Our team may be successful, but with his lethargic play, he won’t be a major contributor. Other players will step up.

If he returns to his good form, I 100% agree that he is our talisman. The fact that there is even an argument for other players shows how far Sardar’s stock has fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            Go ahead and ignore the main question I asked you and target my hyperbolic argument about Enayati. Why don’t you also use your logic to break down the other person’s argument about Ali Daei starting in TM. No way that is facetious.

Again, tell me what Sardar has done RECENTLY Javeed. Your stats are taken over his now 4 years playing for TM. What has he done in the last 6 months?

You can’t answer, but enjoy your likes. I remember the first time people liked my comments too. What bearing that has on your logic? None. People just agree Sardar should be starting. They aren’t impressed with how you got to that point. Hilarious that you use that as a tool to gauge the logic of an argument. Based on that, I’m one of the most logical people on this forum with my likes to posts ratio. Fortunately, I’m not deluded enough to use that as a metric for myself.

You used goals scored as a metric. How many goals has Sardar Azmoun scored in 2017. You can say he’s our most talented striker, but use relevant stats. That is why we are mocking you bringing up Daei and Enayati. The fact that you think I’m actually arguing for their inclusion demonstrates your logical level in this argument.

The point is, your gut feeling is Sardar is the most talented TM striker. I agree, Bachelot agrees, every Liker agrees. Your statistics are old, and he is on the verge of being our most talented striker/biggest wasted talent. Even his TM production has not been consistent over the past year. He has flashes, but to argue that his 2014-early 2017 amazing run overshadows his past 6 months is laughable being honest.

The problem isn’t your argument, it’s how lazy you are with how you’re trying to prove your point.
            I agree he hasn't done much in the past 6 months. I brought up the stats to prove that although he's in a slump, he's still our best option at striker. I should also remind you that the World Cup is 6 months away, so he has lots of time to go in/out of form.

I don't see how stats from 2014-now can be viewed as outdated? Sardar is 23 years old, you make it sound like I'm pulling historic stats from an old-timer.

Also - who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Cheer up, no one likes your attitude around here.
            We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
              I agree he hasn't done much in the past 6 months. I brought up the stats to prove that although he's in a slump, he's still our best option at striker. I should also remind you that the World Cup is 6 months away, so he has lots of time to go in/out of form.
              I don't see how stats from 2014-now can be viewed as outdated? Sardar is 23 years old, you make it sound like I'm pulling historic stats from an old-timer.
              Also - who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Cheer up, no one likes your attitude around here.
              Yeah Javeed, you speak for all of PFDC. Going from banned for incoherent trolling to speaking for the entire forum. You can’t handle that Sardar is out of form, so you even contradict yourself in the same post just to make a point.

Tell me Javeed, how come you admit Sardar “hasn’t don’t much in the last 6 months”, then turn around and argue that we are talking about the period between 2014-now? Isn’t the last 6 months before now? This is the brilliant logic I’m talking about. I’d rather be hated and use my brain than think I’m liked (you’re not, people here we’re making jokes about you for several years only recently using poor ehsansingapore as the butt of their jokes instead of you).

How delusional can you be? Javeed or AFAT11, id love to see who people think has been a more productive pfdc member. You want to hear a fact/statistic. You’ve been here since May 2012, and you have 0 rep power.
              Warp that into you being beloved here, and me the one people don’t like Truly the most universally liked, non-trolly PFDC member of all time is Javeed.

The fact that I even took time to argue with a guy who so easily contradicts himself in a two sentence span makes me question my life choices.

Comment

Sardar will start in the Morocco match barring injury, but it is worrying that he has been lethargic for both club and country since his June transfer. Sadly, like Javeed, we will be riding into Russia on the coattails of his success against Bayern and Atletico nearly a year ago. He will get the spot based on these performances, but denying his regression as a player and poor attitude on the pitch since moving to Kazan will set many of you up for disappointment.

If he is walking around the pitch like he has been for TM recently, we will be in trouble. The guy seems to have lost his will since making this move for comfort. Talent-wise he is the best striker, attitude wise he is a very worrisome player. I can easily see him being neutralized by Morocco’s solid defense, and our expectations that he will be our savior ignore the writing on the wall. He is out of form, he needs to regain it. If we enter Russia with him in his current form, I’m not optimistic. Our team may be successful, but with his lethargic play, he won’t be a major contributor. Other players will step up.

If he returns to his good form, I 100% agree that he is our talisman. The fact that there is even an argument for other players shows how far Sardar’s stock has fallen.
                true, his current scoring form and state of mind is certainly disconcerting..!
                it sounds like foolish kid, was pretty much guilt-tripped by Berdiev into signing his most recent 3 year contract at Rubin..!!? and with them loosing so many starters and facing financial difficulties i dont see how things could get any easier for him the rest of this season at Rubin ..? even Kurbin admits his team lacks much creativity and service from the middle of the pitch and his overall highly defensive tactics wont bid well for Sardar's scoring chances either...!!
                it may be an assholish way yet again for him to part ways with Rubin but perhaps its best if forced a move to the obviously still interested Lazio in the next week or so remaining this winter transfer season..??
                its always a risk to change clubs so close to the WC but considering the clusterFK that Rubin is nowadays i think it is still a wiser career move than staying put and betting against all those odds..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                  Okay... let me know if this makes sense to you:

For TM:
                  Sardar Azmoun - 22 goals (30 apps) = 0.733 goals per appearance
                  Karim Ansarifard - 16 goals (59 apps) = 0.271 goals per appearance
                  Kaveh Rezaei = 0 goals (6 apps) = 0 goals per appearance

Not enough for you? Okay let's do a little more digging...

Who has Sardar scored against, internationally (forget Bayern and Athletico)
                  - Russia, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Syria, Montenegro, Macedonia, Oman, Iraq, Qatar

Who has Karim scored against, internationally?
                  - Togo, Papau New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Guam, Angola, Kuwait, Mauritania, Bahrain, Palestine, Maldives..... all POWERHOUSES

Does this "make actual sense" to you?
                  It’s hard for me to wrap my head around the logic you used in your above and previous comments trying to prove Azmoun’s merit over the other TM strikers. So just because in the past 2-3 year he scored more goals than everybody else in TM, it should automatically warrant him the starting lineup during the WC? Even if he is out of shape and lacks his old sense of scoring?

A player may be in amazing form today, performing wonderfully in his club and national team, however down the line, say 2-3 months prior to WC, should he decline noticeably, thus getting benched in his respective club, and failing to impress with national team in friendlies, do you still believe the national coach must start the declining player who has been performing very unimpressively on the pitch, just because of his old startling displays?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

He really is in bad form right now. I hope it doesn't impact his game for team meli.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      true, his current scoring form and state of mind is certainly disconcerting..!
                      it sounds like foolish kid, was pretty much guilt-tripped by Berdiev into signing his most recent 3 year contract at Rubin..!!? and with them loosing so many starters and facing financial difficulties i dont see how things could get any easier for him the rest of this season at Rubin ..? even Kurbin admits his team lacks much creativity and service from the middle of the pitch and his overall highly defensive tactics wont bid well for Sardar's scoring chances either...!!
                      it may be an assholish way yet again for him to part ways with Rubin but perhaps its best if forced a move to the obviously still interested Lazio in the next week or so remaining this winter transfer season..??
                      its always a risk to change clubs so close to the WC but considering the clusterFK that Rubin is nowadays i think it is still a wiser career move than staying put and betting against all those odds..!!?
                      Thanks for writing a logical argument. Reading and responding Javeed’s “logic” is giving me a headache greater than the worst hangover I’ve ever had.

I think it’s strange that nobody wants to acknowledge facts anymore. We all want Sardar to succeed, can’t we just acknowledge that he’s out of form? Hopefully he can regain it, but it’s not certain, especially with the garbage at Rubin. Even Berdyev admits that Sardar’s head is not in the game. In a post immediately after my post about how Sardar’s head is not in the game, even for TM. We should acknowledge his recent inconsistency, as he is scoring less now at 23 than he was for TM when he is 21. This is not good, and I was maligned and called-out when I saw the writing on the wall that Sardar’s move to Rubin was bad. Everyone else was strangely optimistic despite the warning signs, and now everyone sees the outcome. Maybe the fact that Javeed is the flag-bearer of the opposing side of the argument should tell you what we are facing.

Optimism is fine, setting yourself up for a rude awakening is not. Acknowledge the facts in front of you, hope for the best. Don’t ignore the facts and twist your way to avoid what is going on in order to have some false sense of security.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                        It’s hard for me to wrap my head around the logic you used in your above and previous comments trying to prove Azmoun’s merit over the other TM strikers. So just because in the past 2-3 year he scored more goals than everybody else in TM, it should automatically warrant him the starting lineup during the WC? Even if he is out of shape and lacks his old sense of scoring?

A player may be in amazing form today, performing wonderfully in his club and national team, however down the line, say 2-3 months prior to WC, should he decline noticeably, thus getting benched in his respective club, and failing to impress with national team in friendlies, do you still believe the national coach must start the declining player who has been performing very unimpressively on the pitch, just because of his old startling displays?

Keano Jan, run. This argument is not worth having with Javeed, I posted this same logic a few pages back, and now nobody likes me on PFDC!

Comment

Unrelated to football, but out of curiosity had Azmoun in the past 4 years of footballing in Russia at least learned the language? Or has he tried learning English and improving it to a full command, hence conducting his interviews without the need of a translator? If the answer is a no, then I lose all respect for a young and talented footballer who wants to progress and excel his football career in Europe. In other words a huge shame on him, if he cannot speak a foreign language without a interpreter!

Our most respected and classiest footballer by far is ARJ, the guy plays like a lion, consistent as hell, no drama or SM whoring around him,fluently speaking 2 foreign languages, amazingly professional demeanor.

Never liked Azmoun’s public demeanor. But that should never overshadow his football career, and I his childish traits should never hinder his professional career. But I just wish he would mature up at a much faster pace, and focus on his football and constant progress. Hope to see a much better and improved Azmoun by the World Cup as we will need his great old form!

Comment

Keano Jan, run. This argument is not worth having with Javeed, I posted this same logic a few pages back, and now nobody likes me on PFDC!
                            Afat jaan,

We’re not here to gain popularity. Although we’re all here to exchange our opinions and indifferences on a civil and logical manner. Heated arguments actually always add to the overall quality of any public platform environments.

Everyone is entitled to present their strong/weak arguments as long as they won’t aim to defamation and personal attacks on other members.

To me, you and some other members, Azmoun’s current sloppy form does not and shall not reward him in any form. Our other options currently are performing and impressing way better and, those well-performing options must be rewarded, not the ones who have been on a long decline... [emoji846][emoji1360][emoji1373]

Comment

Afat jaan,

We’re not here to gain popularity. Although we’re all here to exchange our opinions and indifferences on a civil and logical manner. Heated arguments actually always add to the overall quality of any public platform environments.

Everyone is entitled to present their strong/weak arguments as long as they won’t aim to defamation and personal attacks on other members.

To me, you and some other members, Azmoun’s current sloppy form does not and shall not reward him in any form. Our other options currently are performing and impressing way better and, those well-performing options must be rewarded, not the ones who have been on a long decline... [emoji846][emoji1360][emoji1373]

Great post Keano Jan, you are right about the importance of argument. I was being a bit facetious in talking about popularity, and was trying to be sarcastic, but you’re right, it’s not worth taking the argument there.

In terms of his poor choices, I think that his childish behavior is part of the complete Azmoun package. His inability to learn new languages is coupled with his choice to surround himself with the familiar. He chose Berdyev as his coach so he would have a father figure to guide him. His family is in Russia with him. He has not left his comfort zone. Ansarifard was on a similar path as well until a few years ago, but has undertaken challenging himself.

Sardar being surrounded by comfort is exactly the opposite of a guy like Jahanbakhsh as you said. Any team would love to have a guy as driven as Alireza, and even if he is not possess the same raw talent, he possesses the right attitude. Never stops running. Sardar does stop running when his head goes out of the game. The social media focus, inability to go out on his own, these are all career killers in the long run.

Unlike some, I’m not crossing my fingers and wishing things will suddenly shift for him. The kid had the ability to break on his own and didn’t. As a 23 year old professional, having your parents with you wherever you move, and clinging to a father figure on a sinking ship instead of blazing your own trail is terrifying to me. I hope so much that Sardar will reach his potential, but his attitude is just not professional. Needs to challenge himself, ALONE. Only then can he mature and grow. Move to a new country, learn a new language, and break away from his comfort zone.

Why hustle when you’re guaranteed a cushy spot by your countryman, father-figure coach. People who don’t acknowledge that Sardar used to score in seemingly every match, but now that he is 23 is not scoring quite as often should be worried. Why are we not worried that the same kid who was head-and-shoulders above the rest 1.5 years ago looks not much better in a TM shirt today than some of our alternatives? He is scoring some, but he doesn’t look at all as potent and dangerous as he once did. I used to expect a Sardar goal every TM match, I don’t anymore. That worries me tremendously.

Comment

Afat jaan,

What about his TM form??

Comment

Working...
                                X