This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Well I don't think Al-Duhail brought him to play as a RM/RW/CF whatever you want to call it lol. They have quality players in those position and recently Al-Duhail brought in the highly rated Brazilian Dudu from Palmeiras who is a very good player. It will be a very interesting partnership they will be sharing on the right flank, Ramin X Dudu. I reason I think he played as RM/RW/CF for Al-Shahania was because he offered more in those positions than their crop of players they had for those positions, not because defensive liabilities/problems.
    I also don't believe that Al-Duhail (best club in Qatar) would have brought him for their foreigner slot if they did not think he offered anything. As you can see, money is not a problem for them and they could have brought in anyone literally for RB position. Also don't think they would be in for him if he did not have good performances.
    If you remember in the past, I said Moharrami should be the undisputed starter for TM and made fun of Ramin for playing in dead last team in Qatar. And I'm not a fan of Ramin's cry baby attitude or w/e he does off the pitch. But it would not be rational to bench Ramin with his recent performances for TM (based on merit/performances), would it? Moharrami should start our next friendly, if Skocic sees marginal improvements over Ramin than starting spot should be given to Moharrami. Like Iranianarsenal11, Kian B., and many others said though, the starting role is for Ramin to lose and for Moharrami to earn. So I hope both RB start for their clubs/Moharrami plays TM friendlies, then we can really can an idea of who should start.
    would it not? Was ramin good vs iraq+Bahrain? Did every single Japanese goal in 3-0 not come from his side which was wide ass open every time? I remember he couldnt control most passes played to him vs bahrain and iraq and constantly gave the ball away. We need to transition to technically strong players in TM that can play under pressure and keep the ball efficiently. These days we hardly string 4 passes together.

But we will see what skocic decides.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      The hate for Ramin is insane. He's our most consistent and best right back. I think Moharrami has the potential to be better, but right now the starting role is Ramin's to lose.

I know his character is a bit cringy, but he puts in hard work and plays well almost every time he wears the team melli kit.

14 goals in 28 games for a crappy Qatari premier league side. He will definitely get interest abroad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a top team in a better league for a few years, such a top Turkish, Greek, or even a Ligue 1 side!
      he aint Much of a defender per say but doesn have good pace, agility and workrate to overcome his man-marking and soft physicality ...!!
      on the attacking front he has certainly been the best RWB of recent times and by enlarge has stepped up his overall game in our most vital TM clashes, especially at WC..!!

Moharami looks a more balanced and definitely defensively formidable option but he lacks experience internationally and i dont yet consider him an immediate upgrade replacement for Ramin but we certainly should give him some significant minutes in the upcoming friendlies and vs the our tokmy WCQ opponents in order to prove first choice RWB spot for TM..!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        would it not? Was ramin good vs iraq+Bahrain? Did every single Japanese goal in 3-0 not come from his side which was wide ass open every time? I remember he couldnt control most passes played to him vs bahrain and iraq and constantly gave the ball away. We need to transition to technically strong players in TM that can play under pressure and keep the ball efficiently. These days we hardly string 4 passes together.

But we will see what skocic decides.
        Dooste aziz, I agree Ramin was terrible that match and the Japan and possibly some other matches as any rationale person would.

However, Ramin has done more good than bad for TM (e.g. vs. Morocco, Portugal, Spain, majority of Asian Cup). So I don't think it would be very fair to make a judgment on matches were over 50% of the team were having poor performances. If Skocic sees Moharrami a better fit, than so be it. All the better for the team and for us with the remaining matches we have left in this stage.

But the main point I was getting at is that NT spots shouldn't be freely given out and should be earned. If Skocic sees Moharrami has a better performance, spot should go to him. If Skocic sees Ramin does, than spot goes to him. Either way this is a good problem to have (competition) and I hope it goes to the best one out of the 2 .

Comment

Working...
        X