• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidmo View Post
    He keeps talking to Masoud and Masoud reacts like a bored dad
    lol!!

Exactly my thoughts, seeing those pictures

Irani harf nazan inja!
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Panionios start Europa League qualification on July 13. Their draw is unknown now.

Comment

I can't beleive how some people are so happy to see Ehsan in a league such as Greece, which is a level or two better than IPL at best, i don't mind players such as Masoud or even Dejagah at this stage of career, or someone in 19-20 joins a team like Panionios which can be a good start, but a player at 27, peak of career, with over 80 caps for best team in Asia, couldn't find anything better than Panionios, is actually sad.
        I wish at least more of our players join leagues such as Holland, Belgium(which i rate much better than Greece) or France, Portugal , if they can't manage to join a top 4 leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          I can't beleive how some people are so happy to see Ehsan in a league such as Greece, which is a level or two better than IPL at best, i don't mind players such as Masoud or even Dejagah at this stage of career, or someone in 19-20 joins a team like Panionios which can be a good start, but a player at 27, peak of career, with over 80 caps for best team in Asia, couldn't find anything better than Panionios, is actually sad.
          I wish at least more of our players join leagues such as Holland, Belgium(which i rate much better than Greece) or France, Portugal , if they can't manage to join a top 4 leagues.
          It is an improvement from his previous European club, and much better than staying in Iran. Also Greece is an excellent stepping stone to other European leagues. If he performs, he will for sure be able to move to another top tier league after.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

playing europa league for a team that was second to olympiacos most of last year isnt a level ahead of ipl. Its much much more than that. Yes we prefer Hajsafi to be in a better league but going from iran at his age ( 27) to a team this level is a solid move nonetheless. An excellent move if they can get into Europa League proper.

Comment

Not so sure Hajisafi is 27. The guy didn't transfer out of FSV Frankfurt to another european team, so we should be happy he's not in Qatar or Iran. End of story.
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by serghe View Post
                Panionios start Europa League qualification on July 13. Their draw is unknown now.
                We will play 99% with Gorica from Slovenia (they beat Shirak 0-2 in Armenia, so they will qualify easily from the 1st round, and play Panionios in the 2nd.)

Comment

tell me, where did our players play their club football the last 2 decades?
                  how many of those who went to Europe , to "good leagues" & "good teams" really been succesfull?

after following TM for 21 years, this is the best that ever happened ; our players are willing to invest and start at a ok league, an ok team and have ambitions to be succesfull their. And then (maybe) use it as an steppingstone.

I rather see them all go to Greece, Russia, Croatia etc. & get playing time than see them benched at a mid table Bundesliga team, just like in the old days.
                  And offcourse its HUGE step forward from going to some Arab state!
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                    tell me, where did our players play their club football the last 2 decades?
                    how many of those who went to Europe , to "good leagues" & "good teams" really been succesfull?
                    after following TM for 21 years, this is the best that ever happened ; our players are willing to invest and start at a ok league, an ok team and have ambitions to be succesfull their. And then (maybe) use it as an steppingstone.
                    I rather see them all go to Greece, Russia, Croatia etc. & get playing time than see them benched at a mid table Bundesliga team, just like in the old days.
                    And offcourse its HUGE step forward from going to some Arab state!
                    Yes of course, it depends how you see things, better than going to Arab league or IPL? Sure. I don't get what you mean by being bench warmer in Budnesliga? Daei, Azizi, Bagheri, Hashemian, Kia, Nekounam, Masoud were all getting very decent amount of playing time in Bundesliga and La Liga. Ehsan with over 80 caps as one of the pivot of TM in last 5-6 years manage to sign for Bundesliga II or not even a top 4 Greece team(in level of tradition).

Comment

Yes of course, it depends how you see things, better than going to Arab league or IPL? Sure. I don't get what you mean by being bench warmer in Budnesliga? Daei, Azizi, Bagheri, Hashemian, Kia, Nekounam, Masoud were all getting very decent amount of playing time in Bundesliga and La Liga. Ehsan with over 80 caps as one of the pivot of TM in last 5-6 years manage to sign for Bundesliga II or not even a top 4 Greece team(in level of tradition).
                      In fairness, of the seven players you named the first three never really got full time starter minutes in the first division of the countries they played in. All were certainly a part of the first team, but not starters for the most part. So thats four players in the last, what, decade and a half?

I'm going to have to agree with Pajam here: the fact that are players are now willing to make the investment to start off at mid-level European leagues and work their way up is a good development for our football -- it exposes more Europeans to quality Iranian footballers (a plus), and enhances the overall quality of our footballing as more players are able to make this jump.

Comment

We have
                        5 forwards playing in Europe
                        Azmoun, Ansaridard, Goochannejad, Kaveh Reazai, Jahanbaksh
                        4 midfields
                        Shojai, Hajsafi, Ezatolahi, Shekari
                        Defender
                        Mohamadi

Overall not one in top league
                        But nearly a whole team playing in Europe.

Not bad

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                          We have
                          5 forwards playing in Europe
                          Azmoun, Ansaridard, Goochannejad, Kaveh Reazai, Jahanbaksh
                          4 midfields
                          Shojai, Hajsafi, Ezatolahi, Shekari
                          Defender
                          Mohamadi

Overall not one in top league
                          But nearly a whole team playing in Europe.

Not bad
                          dejagah too

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                            Not so sure, Hajisafi is 27. The guy didn't transfer out of FSV Frankfurt to another european team, so we should be happy he's not in Qatar or Iran. End of story.
                            right..!
                            he simply couldnt cut it in BL2...! Was released by FSV after one season and could not find another EU suitor to save his life and was forced to return back to Iran..!
                            at first glance and just based on watching a few games here n there, to me, competition level @ Greek League seems about on par or even blow that of BL2..!??
                            irrelevant of his Vast TM experience (mostly due to sever, long-term shortage of Left sided players), his dedicated & hard working demeanor and supposedly a top-lad personality, He simply isnt as Quality and High Caliber of a Midfielder as many here making him out to be and certainly the current Most Overrated frequent TM-Starter...! it will be proven as such to Paninions fans this year as well, when 4 year older massoud's overall performance will likely over-shadow that of Ehsan's ..!

imo, He coulda excelled much better in a mid-table Eredivisie team, as his playing style totally suits that leagues's loosely-defending, mostly attacking football..!
                            but for now as far as EU suitors are concerned Paninions ham az saresh ziade..!!

Comment

Short interview with Masoud from the sidelines of the Panionios/Olympiacos friendly:

"Massoud: "And great things this season with Panionios"

The Shoji Massoud spoke on the eve of Panionios, clarifying that now remains only the formal part of the renewal and expressed his belief for a new season that will bring great things to the club.

Massoud: "And great things this season with Panionios"
                              The Iranian tactician average with the new acquisition team, compatriot Ehsan Haji Safi, were present at the stadium stands in New Smyrna for the friendly against Olympiakos (the proceeds of the match will go to helping the small Vangelis). The big star of "Panionios" appeared appetite and ready to lead Panionios high flying again. He referred to the state of preparedness for the first European race on July 13, and was the subject of the contract stressing that remains the standard part of the renewal.

Detail what he said about the case of his contract, the colony ... the Iranians and the new season :

Shoji how are you? How do you feel to be back in New Smyrna?

"I feel great ... The temperature is a little difficult, but ok all good."

Is there anything new to renew the contract with Panionios:

"I expect tomorrow (Monday) my manager to come to Athens and finished formally the issue of renewal. The same will happen for Ehsan. And I, but the Haji Shafi had the first contact with the team and our coach. Typical details remaining for both. "

There will be a third player from Iran in this year Panionios?

"I am not familiar. It is difficult at this time to say something. The Taremi is in talks with Persepolis for the future. I do not know what proposals has the manager. We have to wait and see. "

What do you think about the new season? How do you expect Panionios?

"I think we will be equally good and the new season and I think with the moves that have been made will be better. We have good team players came to help the club. I am optimistic for the new season. We can achieve great things again with Panionios. "

For the first European appointment Panionios on July 13 will be ready?

"Yes, I think I will be available. course depend on my coach. There are still 10 days ahead to train and n 'upload speeds. I think I will be absolutely ready to help Panionios in his first European game. ""

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/arti...e-ton-panionio

Comment

Masoud and Ehsan will remain in Athens to train. They will most likely miss the upcoming friendly against APOEL in Cyprus:

"Not the two Iranians go to Cyprus

There is no reason for Michael Gregory to tire Masoud and Hatzisafi with an unnecessary journey. So, both of them will stay in Athens to continue their work.

The two Iranians of Panionios, Masoud and Chatzisafi, continued on Monday their program.

This, of course, does not mean that they will enter the airplane for Cyprus in view of the friendly match with APOEL.

Both will stay in Athens to cover the lost ground in the physical condition and work to be ready for the first European game of Panionios on 13/7.

It goes without saying that in one of the next few days the issue of signing the two Aces contracts will be settled to close the standard piece.

In Cyprus, Michael Grigoriou, as he stressed, will share the time between his players to avoid being charged."

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/S...i.4750098.html

Comment

Working...
                                X