Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSV Duisburg coach used today's 'Schauinsland Travel Cup' to determine his #1. Matches are 45mins long. Davari faced Fiorentina and Mesenholer faced Athletic Bilbao. Davari kept a clean sheet but they lost on penalties. Mesenholer conceded a goal in a 1-1 draw:

"MESENHÖLER OR DAVARI: Today, the goalkeeper question at MSV is decided

MSV coach Ilia Gruev (48) takes a close look at his goalkeepers at the "Schauinsland Travel Cup". Daniel Mesenhöler (23) or Daniel Davari (30) - today the goalkeeper question decides.

Both candidates are allowed to play 45 minutes in the Blitz tournament. The race for a regular place between the posts is still open.

Gruev to BILD: "Both play a very good preparation. It depends on little things like the form of the day, concentration and the last training sessions. ""

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/m...8628.bild.html

https://www.lanazione.it/firenze/fio...iola-1.4061945

Comment

Davari has been selected as MSV Duisburg's #1 for the 18/19 season. Wish him all the best:

"Daniel Davari is the MSV Duisburg's number one goalkeeper

Daniel Davari wins the race for the number one against Daniel Mesenhöler at MSV. Coach Ilia Gruev: "Small things were the decisive factor."

The decision has been made: Daniel Davari won at second division football club MSV Duisburg the race for the number one. The 30-year-old is on Monday at the league opener in Dresden in goal of the zebras, new signing Daniel Mesenhöler has to settle for the place on the bench.

"Small things were the decisive factor," MSV coach Ilia Gruev explained the decision he made with goalkeeper coach Sven Beuckert. Gruev continues: "I am sure that Daniel Mesenhöler will continue to accelerate."

Three appearances in the last season
      Daniel Davari was in the shadow of last season's Mark Flekken, who moved to SC Freiburg, and has been used only in the last three games. Daniel Mesenhöler (23) came in summer from the second division competitor Union Berlin to MSV.

In the Berliners lost Mesenhöler in each of the last two years each race for the number one, but battled both times to the second round in the starting eleven."

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...215002285.html
      http://www.stadt-panorama.de/msv/mit...-aid-1.7639901
      Last edited by aenima_8; 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

To this day, I will argue that Davari has had some major bad luck! He looked great at 25 years old in 2014, young for a goalkeeper. A couple of bad decisions derailed him majorly. Joining Grasshopper, who was a historically strong team was a mistake. I think they have only finished above 8th place out of 10 teams once in the past 5 years...

Then, I think he got unlucky that prior to WC 2014, he was unlucky to have only featured in games with Alenemeh and Haddadifar in front of him. I think most keepers, Biranvand, Rahmati, or whomever would concede goals with those guys in front of them.

I think that people gave him a much harder time based on these circumstances and did not watch his amazing run from the 2 Bundesliga into the Bundesliga. You can be lucky maybe a few matches, but at 25, he was looking very promising.

His lack of Farsi skills, and a couple bad choices (Grasshoppers, missing TM camp), derailed his career. If he had been loyal to TM first, he would have been given preferential treatment by CQ, who takes care of "his players". He at least would have kept him in the NT picture, which would have increased his stock to clubs.

I guess in some ways, the timing of his daughters birth was a bit of tough luck for him, as it made him miss that important pre-Asian Cup training camp.

In the end, though, Davari seems like a nice guy. I always defended him, because he had flaws, but all of our players do to some extent. Even our best players make boneheaded moves on and off the field. I really hope that at 30, a good age for GK, he will help Duisberg to have a great season, and reestablish himself. Being invited to TM as a 3rd choice keeper behind Biranvand and Abedzadeh would definitely give him time to be around the players, be in Iran, and really learn the language by necessity. I always have seen him as a high potential player who lost his way. Hopefully he can find his way back someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          To this day, I will argue that Davari has had some major bad luck! He looked great at 25 years old in 2014, young for a goalkeeper. A couple of bad decisions derailed him majorly. Joining Grasshopper, who was a historically strong team was a mistake. I think they have only finished above 8th place out of 10 teams once in the past 5 years...

Then, I think he got unlucky that prior to WC 2014, he was unlucky to have only featured in games with Alenemeh and Haddadifar in front of him. I think most keepers, Biranvand, Rahmati, or whomever would concede goals with those guys in front of them.

I think that people gave him a much harder time based on these circumstances and did not watch his amazing run from the 2 Bundesliga into the Bundesliga. You can be lucky maybe a few matches, but at 25, he was looking very promising.

His lack of Farsi skills, and a couple bad choices (Grasshoppers, missing TM camp), derailed his career. If he had been loyal to TM first, he would have been given preferential treatment by CQ, who takes care of "his players". He at least would have kept him in the NT picture, which would have increased his stock to clubs.

I guess in some ways, the timing of his daughters birth was a bit of tough luck for him, as it made him miss that important pre-Asian Cup training camp.

In the end, though, Davari seems like a nice guy. I always defended him, because he had flaws, but all of our players do to some extent. Even our best players make boneheaded moves on and off the field. I really hope that at 30, a good age for GK, he will help Duisberg to have a great season, and reestablish himself. Being invited to TM as a 3rd choice keeper behind Biranvand and Abedzadeh would definitely give him time to be around the players, be in Iran, and really learn the language by necessity. I always have seen him as a high potential player who lost his way. Hopefully he can find his way back someday.
          I highly doubt he is going to jeopardize his 4 or 5 more years of playing time just to come and be the 3rd string GK for the Asian Cup. I think his career with TM is over.
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I never found anything special about this guy, but Damesh garm, he never giving up, getting starting job in Bundesliga II should be good enough to give him another chance in TM again.

Comment

Davari starting in net for MSV's first match of the 2. Bundesliga season vs. SG Dynamo Dresden

https://www.flashscore.ca/game/v3iFX8Sl/#game-summary

Comment

1-0 Dresden, Davari chanceless

Comment

Dresdens goal:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rju52
                  Last edited by aenima_8; 08-06-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Lol at people following this guy

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                      He definitely could have done a little better

Comment

German site Waz, gives Davari the highest rating on his team:

"With 0: 1 lost the MSV Duisburg at Dynamo Dresden. For a MSV player there is a good grade, for three the grade is 5. Here are the notes.

With 0: 1 the MSV Duisburg lost the second division opener game at Dynamo Dresden. Only for one MSV player is there a good grade.

Daniel Davari: Showed two strong saves against Koné, was the Dresdner winner without chance. The new number one showed a good match. Grade: 2.5"

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...215027379.html

Comment

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...215043045.html

German media praising Davari and saying he was the best player on his team

Comment

He's doing pretty badly, he's playing against Bochum right now and already conceded 2 goals. I haven't seen the video of the goals, but Fotmob gave him a rating of 4.8 so far, the lowest on the pitch.....

Comment

MSV Duisburg 0:2 VFL Bochum FT

"Daniel Davari (3,5): spent the first part of the game a largely quiet working day. He was suddenly challenged in the 30th minute when he was overturned by Milos Pantovic - and was fortunate enough to have Kevin Wolze clear the chip in the head. Was powerless in both the directly transformed Sam free kick and the Ganvoula header."

Comment

DFB Pokal - Dassendorf 0:1 Duisburg FT

*Daniel Davari started in net and completed the full 90 mins.
                                *This was Daniels first DFB Pokal match
                                *He kept a clean sheet

"The German-Iranian is the first time in a DFB Cup match in the box. Davari was only spectator at Braunschweig and Bielefeld five times each. Just like last season at Duisburg's first round match against Nuremberg (1: 2).

Davari: "Crazy! I have been there every year. But either I was the number 1 and the second was allowed to play. Or I was the 2 and the first one was between the posts. ""

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/m...0440.bild.html

Comment

Working...
                                X