This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Davari @ MSV Duisburg | 2017-18

Davari made his debut for Duisburg in a 6-1 friendly win against Duisburger (Amateur)

"On Sunday Daniel Davari was in the goal, and Gerrit Nauber played in the defense center of the Zebras. That was just a marginal note in the 6: 1 victory of the pros in their first test match."

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...211031379.html

Thankfully this team is in the second division. Best of luck to him, he still has a chance to get his career back on track. You have our full support Daniel!
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Just imagine if he gets called up, after a string of good performances in goal. Another World Cup ticket in his pocket probably on bench.

Comment

Comment

Comment

"So, new entry Davari wants to start at the MSV
            MSV goalkeeper Davari has a wealth of experience

The new Duisburg goalkeeper Daniel Davari talks about his love for Iran. He wants to fight the competition in the MSV goal fair.

MSV goalkeeper Sven Beuckert inquired yesterday about what the center of St. Johann has to offer. Chefcoach Ilia Gruev gave the second league footballers of the MSV Duisburg a free afternoon.
            The few hours of leisure want to be used as useful. The new goalkeeper Daniel Davari, the "daily" Beuckert "on the training ground", thought less of the entertainment potential that the resort has to offer. "I think I'm resting. The training here is raining, "said Davari after lunch.

Daniel Davari came from Arminia Bielefeld to the MSV. There were first contacts in the winter, the keeper sat on the bench on the mountain and thought about a change. The fact that he temporarily became the number one in the second division in the previous round did not change the intentions of the 29-year-old. In Duisburg, he is now opening up a new chapter and faces the competition with Platzherb Mark Flekken.

29 Bundesligaspiele for Eintracht Braunschweig
            Davari will only fight this fight on the pitch. When he started working at the MSV, he quickly searched the conversation with Flekken and Daniel Zeaiter. "I want to have a good mood in the goalkeeping team. I have approached Daniel and Mark openly, "says Davari, who has already experienced situations in his career" in which it was not so. "

In the race for the place in the box of the zebras, the family father puts the greatest experience treasure in the balance. For Eintracht Braunschweig he completed 29 Bundesliga games. And then there is the not-everyday international career. In 2014 he was World Cup participant for Iran. However, he did not play for the three preliminaries.

Davari, who carries Mohammad as a second given name, possesses both German and Iranian citizenship. His father comes from the Persian empire, whose family still lives in Isfahan, the second largest city in the country. Davari makes it clear that the relationship with Iran is not just on paper. He has played four international matches for the Asians.

And yes - at the national anthem before the games he felt a goose bumps. The people of Iran described Davari as "very open and very warm. And they are enthusiastic about the football. "At the Volkshochschule, he took a course in Farsi. "That did not do much," laughs the goalkeeper, who is still able to make his way through the English language.

With English he would be fine in the USA. But he will not be able to travel to the country for the time being. The Trump government has recently closed the door to the Davis of this world. "I was conscious of that last time," says the Neu-Duisburger with a head shake, but smiles then nevertheless: "Since I can be glad that the MSV there is no training camp."

Experience in relegation battle
            The wires to the Iranian Football Association have recently cooled down. The native of Giessen was no longer in focus since he was not the first choice after his time in Braunschweig with the Grasshoppers in Zurich and with the Arminia in Bielefeld. Whether there is a comeback? Daniel Davari is currently thinking very little about this. "These were great experiences, one day I can tell my son," Davari now wants to concentrate on his new task and contribute to the class salary of the MSV.

From his Bielefelder time he knows what is important in the relegation battle: "The character of the team will show itself when it does not run. Then the team must show the right reaction. ""

https://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussb...211188423.html
            https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...211187053.html

Comment

After the pre-season friendlies, Davari has been confirmed as the 2nd choice keeper. Davari had not conceded in the friendly matches that he featured in:

"Goal: It is quite simple: there is no reason for the coach to change the main goalkeeper. So Mark Flekken will be the number one in the new season. In the preparations Flekken moved with his new entry Daniel Davari largely on eye. As an advancement coach and leader, the Dutchman already entered the race anyway."

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...211352469.html

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                Just imagine if he gets called up, after a string of good performances in goal. Another World Cup ticket in his pocket probably on bench.
                God forbid!

Comment

Why are we following a player in an Amateur league??? just curious

Comment

Originally posted by foadm_2000 View Post
                    Why are we following a player in an Amateur league??? just curious
                    You can't be serious, this team is in Bundesliga 2. A league our own Hajsafi was relegated from to an actual amateur league. If we stop following Davari who is in Bundesliga 2, let's stop following our players stuck in IPL as well.

Any unbiased non-Iranian will tell you the competition in Bundesliga 2 is comparable if not better than IPL. If you want us to be embarrassed, I can ask the question on Reddit soccer and we can all hear how great professional league IPL is.

The people who bash Davari is predictable. I hope nobody in your lives is hasood and jealous to wish poorly on you as you guys do on him.

And don't retort with, "I like Davari! Want him to succeed!" Obviously your dumb comments don't reflect that at all. Just some hasood children posting. Wishing Haghighi will come back when Davari is in a similar situation.

Duisburg will do well in the league this year, and Davari will get his shot. Hopefully he shuts you few haters on pfdc up.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      Wishing Haghighi will come back when Davari is in a similar situation.
                      I don't wish Haghighi to come back just yet but there is a clear difference between Davari and Haghighi and that's quality. So I completely understand people who are ok with Haghighi coming back but not with Davari.

Mind you, IMO, even Beiranvand, Mazaheri, Akhbari, Lak, etc. are all better than Davari despite playing in the IPL. Sorry to say but the dude (Davari) has never impressed me and to this day I'm still amazed how he was the first keeper in a Bundesliga team.

One of CQ biggest mistakes was to allow him as our third keeper in the WC! Lucky we didn't need to use him.

Having said that, as an Iranian, of course I wish him good luck with what ever he's doing and I hope he will succeed in his team! I just wish and hope he never gets near TM again.

Comment

Good news: his team lost today while he remained on the bench

Comment

Friendly - Duisburg 1:2 Borussia Monchengladbach:

*Davari started the match and played the full 90 mins.

"Over the entire distance substitutekeeper Daniel Davari the Duisburger gate. The ex-Bielefelder made it clear that MSV coach Gruev does not have to spend sleepless nights if Mark Flekken should fail. Davari not only parried one of Dustin Bomheuer's feet by Patrick Herrmann (3rd), he also shone with many parades and kept the zebras in the game."

https://www.waz.de/sport/lokalsport/...211762355.html

"Duisburg's No. 2, Daniel Davari (29), brought Borussia to the brink of despair with his parades (including the elders). But he was also powerless at the gates of Egbo (45th) and Villalba (89th)."

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/ms...9690.bild.html

Extended Highlights:

*Davari pk save at min 1:15

Comment

Wow, great game by Davari. Seemed confident. His team could have won, but too many mistakes on offense and defense! Nice penalty stop too. Hope he can regain his form.

Comment

Happy to see him play, keep up the good work!
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X