• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or program commonly referred to as billakh

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
    Adel needs to change "navad" to"shast"

Comment

During world cup there was a huge section in economist about the explosion of football with many different stats. Once that stood in my mind was measuring in which country an adult on average would watch at least 20 minutes of 3 different games. I understand you're trying to preserve the game as you enjoy it but realistically average male adult worldwide doesn't have the time . The top country was Japan in this case.
      Anyone on these boards probably keeps up with 6 different competitions worldwide but as average age increases that devotion decrease.
      Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      football have alway been 90 min, playing 60 min make zero sense, we are not futsal, the game should be left as it is, and if changed there is going to be a major shift in football, we had a similar situation in usa and nba, in the 1970s, the black players were not given pirority and overlooked hence they created the ABA, the ABA only disolved when the nba decided to change its way, now can you imagine a world cup without big european and south american country, then world cup is meaningless.

Comment

re: $ influencing the game.
        Milan fans throwing money at their goalie in their U21 game ( he want's to move on for more money after club took a chance on him at 18)

Comment

Originally posted by 8008s View Post
          During world cup there was a huge section in economist about the explosion of football with many different stats. Once that stood in my mind was measuring in which country an adult on average would watch at least 20 minutes of 3 different games. I understand you're trying to preserve the game as you enjoy it but realistically average male adult worldwide doesn't have the time . The top country was Japan in this case.
          Anyone on these boards probably keeps up with 6 different competitions worldwide but as average age increases that devotion decrease.
          I don't think the understanding of the rule change is accurate here. The lapse time for the game will not change much. So the games will be close to 90 mins in lapse time in any case, what they are proposing that every time there is a stop in the game the clock is also stopped. So all the delay in time wasting, substitutions, fouls, etc will not be added to the 60mins playing time. Not sure that this a bad idea since iran is a subject to a lot of time wasting by the middle east countries. if the clock is stopped there will no need to play act to waste time. Like that Syrian player in Malaysia who jumped back into the field holding his balls when he was not even hit there.

Comment

Well looks like Money is about to ruin one of the last good things left in entertainment today. With the world cup changes and now this shit.
            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
              I don't think the understanding of the rule change is accurate here. The lapse time for the game will not change much. So the games will be close to 90 mins in lapse time in any case, what they are proposing that every time there is a stop in the game the clock is also stopped. So all the delay in time wasting, substitutions, fouls, etc will not be added to the 60mins playing time. Not sure that this a bad idea since iran is a subject to a lot of time wasting by the middle east countries. if the clock is stopped there will no need to play act to waste time. Like that Syrian player in Malaysia who jumped back into the field holding his balls when he was not even hit there.
              Stoping the clock will be a great way to assure grass rolling does not take place any longer. I am all for this new idea,
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

These rules are put into place because of the Arab influence. They want to shorten the game to have tournaments played during summer in their countries. The longer the game, the more likely players will suffer heat exhaustion.

Comment

Effective playing time is good for Iran against the heyvoon-teams.

Comment

NOpe the proposal is for two 30 min halves plus clock stoppage so no time is wasted. Ifab said in the document. Ifab suggests match officials should be stricter on time-keeping, stopping their watch from a penalty being awarded to the spot-kick being taken, from a goal being scored until the match resumes from the kick-off, and from the signal of a substitution to play restarting. “The strategy proposes measures to reduce time-wasting and ‘speed up’ the game.”
                    Only allowing captains to speak to referees to prevent match officials being mobbed- And instant yellows for anyone else who attempts to, plox. Although I will make the case for the offending player to also be able to speak with the captain being present;
                    Few of the proposals already being tested include the idea of only allowing captains to speak to referees to prevent match officials being mobbed. This is being trialled at the Confederations Cup in Russia, which started on Saturday. Reduced game time is not being test at this point.
                    Ifab is made up of world football’s governing body, Fifa, and the four British home football associations and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.
                    So Ehsan's idea of countries and/or England holding out doesn't hold much water.
                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...mes-60-minutes
                    Originally posted by Omids View Post
                    http://www.play-fair.com/data/Strate...ppelseiten.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by 8008s View Post
                      NOpe the proposal is for two 30 min halves plus clock stoppage so no time is wasted. Ifab said in the document. Ifab suggests match officials should be stricter on time-keeping, stopping their watch from a penalty being awarded to the spot-kick being taken, from a goal being scored until the match resumes from the kick-off, and from the signal of a substitution to play restarting. “The strategy proposes measures to reduce time-wasting and ‘speed up’ the game.”
                      Only allowing captains to speak to referees to prevent match officials being mobbed- And instant yellows for anyone else who attempts to, plox. Although I will make the case for the offending player to also be able to speak with the captain being present;
                      Few of the proposals already being tested include the idea of only allowing captains to speak to referees to prevent match officials being mobbed. This is being trialled at the Confederations Cup in Russia, which started on Saturday. Reduced game time is not being test at this point.
                      Ifab is made up of world football’s governing body, Fifa, and the four British home football associations and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.
                      So Ehsan's idea of countries and/or England holding out doesn't hold much water.
                      https://www.theguardian.com/football...mes-60-minutes
                      That is what i am saying. Effective time for a game will be 60 minutes but lapse time for the same game can be 90 mins or more when you add all the extra time wasted between real play.

Comment

^ more like 70+ min total on average . This should allow referees with small bladder to get some action officiating games.
                        Some changes make sense, like a goal kick can be taken when ball is moving or taken from side the goalie is on vs. goalie walk over to other side to kill time. Idea is to enforce 6 seconds for gaollie to handle the ball.

Comment

I don't mind the rules about reducing the amount of wasted time, but shortening the games from 90 to 60 minutes is just disgusting

Comment

^ you have a point as I used to see double games in Iran and found going to single game of 90 minutes not just for the time and effort one puts in to make it to the stadium. I was also younger then, these days I find myself not appreciate full 90 minutes of a lot of games.

A lot of this is for TV. Just like how internet changed the brick and mortar, TV will have some say on the game.

Comment

every fking bs change made to the beautiful game these days is all about ways to further MONETIZING football..! fking greedy bastards..!
                              this possible change is no exception..! im fairly certain those stops in actions are actually meant for Commercial Breaks ..! even if they dont obviously claim it as so now until the changes are approved, then you see it happen gradually..!!

this "No Stops in televised action", is Precisely why the game has never really caught on here in the USA Market and its so slow in gaining popularity, even with the establishment of MLS..!
                              a typical NFL game takes a minimum 3hours + of which only 1 hour is the actual game time and 2 hours of commercial breaks..! hence the superior popularity of the sport and ultra profitability of the league and outrageou$ly expen$ive Broadcasting Right$$$ for it..!

Comment

^ but imagine cost of games have gone up too due to security issues.

I think anything under 75 minutes is a harm to the game. Would three 25 minutes make sense if 90 minutes is definitely gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X