New proposed football rules by IFAB {ON TRIAL NOW}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New proposed football rules by IFAB {ON TRIAL NOW}

* i DIDN'T realize some or all of the proposed rule are being tested in Russia this moment
    http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/teams/index.html

May take years before finalized and passed but there're some bizzare modifications.
    The biggest one is reducing games from 90 minutes to 60 minutes…..why would anyone want less football you might ask!?
    Well they claim that there is already less than 60 minutes of what they call “effective playing time” in the modern game.
    https://www.foottheball.com/news/com...roduced/215520

60 minute games? Ew

Comment

^Am sure has some to do with Television broadcast as more and more games get on TV in the U.S. market.

Comment

would not happen, there are alot of big european countries who wont follow, and if it happen we can see a split in fifa, where nations who dont want to follow the rules will split from fifa. and if european and south american countries withdrew then fifa is done.

Comment

Originally posted by 8008s View Post
          ^Am sure has some to do with Television broadcast as more and more games get on TV in the U.S. market.
          fk the us market, who care about us market, the mls is on and still not popular

Comment

^Yes but American market has started to buy many European games. That was only a guess.

Comment

It gets voted, and not as black and white as you suggest here. Currently no country can afford to be outside fifa's (Mafifa short for mafia fifa?) umbrella.
              Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
              would not happen, there are alot of big european countries who wont follow, and if it happen we can see a split in fifa, where nations who dont want to follow the rules will split from fifa. and if european and south american countries withdrew then fifa is done.

Comment

It gets voted, and not as black and white as you suggest here. Currently no country can afford to be outside fifa's (Mafifa short for mafia fifa?) umbrella.
                i dont agree, fifa is run by big football nations, if thoese federations dont like how fifa is running it, they will split and make thier own one, i mean currently fifa is not in a good position, with 2022 given to qatar, england is pissed and if this rule come, there will be big challanges, u might have countires not following the rule, you might have federations like uefa not following the rule. there is nothing fifa can do if 10-20 big european and south american countries seperate and make thier own football federation. and the whole football is run by this countries, asian ,african and the rest arent strong enough , so if they put pressure fifa will have to back down, i am sure england wont back down, they created this game and if the rules change so much is like telling england , the game you created and have been playing since the 1860s was all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  Not sure. The EPL and Spanish teams make a lot of money from US television broadcast. shorter games mean they can have more games played. This also allow TV channels to reach the commercial threshold earlier and more frequently.

I think it will make economical sense.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

between this and the shitty VAR football is going down the drain. Stop fucking with the rules, goal line tech was a good change, but this is just going too far.

Comment

^ if it wasn't for money you wouldn't be watching all these exciting football. Money dictates, True?

Comment

^ if it wasn't for money you wouldn't be watching all these exciting football. Money dictates, True?
                        i dont agree, the fundementals of football is the same with or without money, and the english and spanish federations can overrule the legue in thier country, the fundementals cant be change, if they change so much it might as well be a new game, football is a simple game, making it complicated helps no one

Comment

^ Without the financial insentives half the players would not be in shape.

Unless we have experienced the new game and new rules we can't really say..as it is the offside mistakes and shady officiating has killed the game for me for the most part.
                          My only positive on this is it prevents a lot of injuries and when a team is ahead 2-1 and kills the last 20 min of the game by passing around it is also not as fun. I think some changes in motivating attack mode is proper, haven't thought as what really makes sense.
                          ONe I can think of is having a shorter corner kick when ball is out within the penalty box lines.

Comment

Adel needs to change "navad" to"shast"

Comment

^ Without the financial insentives half the players would not be in shape.

Unless we have experienced the new game and new rules we can't really say..as it is the offside mistakes and shady officiating has killed the game for me for the most part.
                              My only positive on this is it prevents a lot of injuries and when a team is ahead 2-1 and kills the last 20 min of the game by passing around it is also not as fun. I think some changes in motivating attack mode is proper, haven't thought as what really makes sense.
                              ONe I can think of is having a shorter corner kick when ball is out within the penalty box lines.
                              football have alway been 90 min, playing 60 min make zero sense, we are not futsal, the game should be left as it is, and if changed there is going to be a major shift in football, we had a similar situation in usa and nba, in the 1970s, the black players were not given pirority and overlooked hence they created the ABA, the ABA only disolved when the nba decided to change its way, now can you imagine a world cup without big european and south american country, then world cup is meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                              X