TM top 4 greatest matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Australia 2nd Leg November 97

I know this is only one game but for me it was everything. First Iran match I ever watching and I've seen pretty much every game since. I was a 12 year old kid and went to a random restaurant at 2am that was showing the match with my dad, uncle, bro, and cousin. Just the excitement when azizi scored the equalizer and the insane nervousness of that eternity long stoppage time was something I'll never forget.

Also a bit of a forgotten match, but in 2004 we played qatar in a world cup qualifier and we were down 2-1 with like 10 mins left. If I remember it was pretty vital for Iran to win the match if they wanted to progress to the next qualifying round. Anyways, we scored 2 in the last 10 mins, including the winner by Hashemian at like the 90th min. I think that was Hashemian's first match back with team melli after he briefly quit the team. Me and my cousin were going nuts. lol

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      what ?!?!? he miskicked a ball. What are you on about "very childish". was that sarcasm
      A professional footballer playing at the WC should not miskick a ball in front of his own goal. Daie did the same thing at the very end of the game against Korea in AC 2000 and it cost us the victory and advancement to the semifinal.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        A professional footballer playing at the WC should not miskick a ball in front of his own goal. Daie did the same thing at the very end of the game against Korea in AC 2000 and it cost us the victory and advancement to the semifinal.
        so was daei being childish?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          so was daei being childish?
          Yes Daie commited a childish mistake on that play.

Comment

متوسط سنی اعضای اینجا باید زیر 30 سال باشه.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Casra The Great View Post
              Iran Australia 2nd Leg November 97

I know this is only one game but for me it was everything. First Iran match I ever watching and I've seen pretty much every game since. I was a 12 year old kid and went to a random restaurant at 2am that was showing the match with my dad, uncle, bro, and cousin. Just the excitement when azizi scored the equalizer and the insane nervousness of that eternity long stoppage time was something I'll never forget.

Also a bit of a forgotten match, but in 2004 we played qatar in a world cup qualifier and we were down 2-1 with like 10 mins left. If I remember it was pretty vital for Iran to win the match if they wanted to progress to the next qualifying round. Anyways, we scored 2 in the last 10 mins, including the winner by Hashemian at like the 90th min. I think that was Hashemian's first match back with team melli after he briefly quit the team. Me and my cousin were going nuts. lol
              Despite those games in 2004 (Qatar away and Jordan away) being much closer than they should have been based on Branko's terrible coaching, they were really exciting and nail biting games for sure. I still remember them like it was yesterday.

Comment

Let's not forget some of good performances in the 70s.
                Iran 1 - France 2 (1978 friendly before WC - France went to win Euro cup in 84 . Platini didn't play in that game but all other stars were present)
                Iran 2 - Poland 3 (1976 Montreal Olympics. Poland was #3 in 74 WC after beating Brazil - all starts we're playing)
                Iran 1 - Argentina 1 (1979 Real Madrid centenary - Arg was world champion)

Comment

From excitement and importance wise it got to be 1997 Australia, 1998 USA, 2013 South Korea and 2018 Morocco.

But from the performance we put it have to be South Korea in Tehran 2017 WCQ, South Korea AC 2004 quarter final, Japan in Tehran 2005 WCQ and Saudi Arabia in Tehran 2001 WCQ. All games we played well against strong Asian competition and deservingly won.

Certainly many more to mention.

Comment

I don't see how one can say a loss is one of the greatest games of Iran. Against Argentina, Spain, or anyone for that matter. Demand better games.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                      From excitement and importance wise it got to be 1997 Australia, 1998 USA, 2013 South Korea and 2018 Morocco.

But from the performance we put it have to be South Korea in Tehran 2017 WCQ, South Korea AC 2004 quarter final, Japan in Tehran 2005 WCQ and Saudi Arabia in Tehran 2001 WCQ. All games we played well against strong Asian competition and deservingly won.

Certainly many more to mention.
                      Iran-Yugoslavia 98 was also some of the best gameplay TM has ever had. Beautiful combination play, constantly finding space... still upset about Nakisa.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                        Iran 1- 0 korea - 18 June 2013 - WC qualifiers
                        The Ghooooch!

Comment

Working...
                        X