Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have a top 4 but for me the most significant match was
    Iran Vs. USA WC match
    I was in Kindergarten and I remember my uncles and dad just jumping up and down in their sits in excitement and shouting at the top of their lungs. Probably one of the few memories I have from Iran. After the game you could just see so much passion and happiness in their eyes. Of course I didn't understand why they were so excited until I followed TM. Back then I was in the other room getting beaten by a ruler to finish my Homework lol
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
      1. 2-1 vs USA 1998 - WC
      2. 4-3 vs S Korea - Asian Cup
      3. 2-2 vs Australia - 1998 WCQ
      4. 1-0 vs S Korea - 2014 WCQ

Based off significance for me personally
      ditto
      the 1-0 loss to Argentines and PK loss to Iraq in QF of AC round up the list regardless of their shockingly sad ending..!

Comment

Iran vs Argentina
        Iran vs use
        Iran vs Aus
        Iran vs s korea 2013
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

1. Iran vs Australia - 1998 WCQ
          2. Iran vs USA - 1998 WC
          3. Iran vs Japan - 2006 WCQ
          4. Iran vs Argentina - 2014 WC

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            lets do a topic on top 4 greatest matches by tm
            1. Iran vs Australia (away match)2-2
            2.iran vs argentina (wc2014) 1-0 argentina
            3.iran vs usa (WC1998)1-0 iran
            4. Iran 6-2 korea (asian cup 1996)
            5. iran vs scotland (wc78)1-1

this is my list share your also
            Iran vs Australia (1997) and Argentina (2014) perhaps most memorable but the God of All Games was Iran vs USA (1998) because Team Melli defeated a high ranked team #12 and also arch enemy in Political terms. Iran vs Scotland (1978) surely was second best as scotland were strong and didn't take Iran seriously and got punished lucky for them to escape with a point.
            Best come back as you pointed out Iran vs South Korea (1996) 2-0 down then win 6-2 what a humilation for the Koreans. Also Iran vs China (1997) 4-2 another best comeback 2-0 down then win with a 2+ goal difference.
            Iran vs Russia (2011) 1-0 although a friendly but another defeat of a high rank team #13.
            Iran vs Chile (2015) also a friendly but what a win for Iran 2-0 is awesome.

Comment

we have to agree iran best ever game was iran vs aus, if we had not gone to the world cup all this current group of players and game would not have happned

Comment

In terms of us playing a consistent style and implementing

Iran - Yugoslavia 98
                Iran - Argentina '14
                Iran - South Korea '16
                Iran - Japan '05

In terms of excitement
                Iran - Australia 97
                Iran - USA 98
                Iran - South Korea '04

Comment

Maybe not the greatest, but definitely one of the most memorable and historic World Cup wins of Team Melli:

15 June 2018: Iran 1-0 Morocco, to see us top the group ABOVE Spain and Portugal after match day 1.

What a day this was.

Comment

I suggest everyone watch our 2-0 victory over Australia in World Cup qualifiers in 1973.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

For me personally it was:

Iran vs Australia (2-2) for the joy they gave me as a 14 year old kid back in good ol' '97.

Iran vs US of A: legendary win against the country that has tormented my motherland since the second world war.

Iran vs Morocco: simply because i'm a winner and i like to see my country win

Iran vs Portugal (1-1): getting a point against the European champion and Gaynaldo was sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Maybe not the greatest, but definitely one of the most memorable and historic World Cup wins of Team Melli:

15 June 2018: Iran 1-0 Morocco, to see us top the group ABOVE Spain and Portugal after match day 1.

What a day this was.

this led me to watch the spain and Portugal highlights also and all I have to say....Taremi Taremi ai daad o bidaad

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Our best peformance by far was against
                          Argentina. We defend well and made some nice
                          counterattackts (against the second place Team of WC 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                            Our best peformance by far was against
                            Argentina. We defend well and made some nice
                            counterattackts (against the second place Team of WC 2014)
                            I thought the portugal game was very good too. For large parts of game, even with our generally low technical level compared to their players, we really took the game to them. Would love to watch the match again in full, but I still have strong PTSD from the miss and whenever I turn the Tv and go to my recordings and start watching it, I immediately turn it off just remembering that last kick...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

What a day this was.

It was a wonderful day indeed but it could have turned out to be a nightmare had we conceded from the blunder by Azmoun. watch from 0:25. Very childish indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                                It was a wonderful day indeed but it could have turned out to be a nightmare had we conceded from the blunder by Azmoun. watch from 0:25. Very childish indeed.
                                what ?!?!? he miskicked a ball. What are you on about "very childish". was that sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                                X