No announcement yet.

Time to move out of our comfort zone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop asking for a more attacking formation.. we have great def and great attack.. our midfield is getting better and better.. Karimi did a great job on spreading the ball to the right players and positions troughout the field.. polaying active and thats what we really need in the midfield. our players are bossy on the pitch especially on winning balls back. attack is fully loaded and just wait and see.. if we get the number of friendlies we need. we will be a force to be reckoned with at the world cup. we might not have the famous costly players in the squad or players who play in man u or real.. but the determination and will power of our players.. with great team play and great coach like CQ we can handle any team imo. actually i am feeling really comfortable.. and confiddent about our players and our teams chance advancing the group stages and hopefully beyond.

Comment

I agree that it is good to have plan b or c. But we first need to master the current formation we are using. I think we are getting there but we haven't reached point of mastery with our current formation. The defense, mid-field, attack needs to be super smooth with minimal possession loss and maximum fluidity and interconnection.

Once we master this formation then we can go ahead and find a new plan to make ourselves less predictable. If CQ stays until 2022 then I hope that he creates 2 formation style for TM. But for TM 2k18 the current formation with some modifications/adjustments is sufficient.
      EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

We are not the same team.

We no longer sit back and defend.

We have attacking players that can take the game to the other team.

I think our current style is very different actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
          We are not the same team.

We no longer sit back and defend.

We have attacking players that can take the game to the other team.

I think our current style is very different actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          yeah we actually create a lot of chances, the only reason we keep winning games by low margins is because we waste a lot of chances

Comment

Parking the bus has always been a poor description of our playing style. Parking the bus rather means when you blindly put all your players in the back to kick the ball away and go for a draw or at best for a lucky "bezan ziresh" goal - something what arab teams often team. But TM under CQ always had a clear plan and structure. Yes, we had a defensive approach against stronger teams, but there was always an idea behind it, focusing on counter attacking style. CQ is not Branko, we can be sure that he has a Plan B,C and D in his mind for every game - if one of them works out is another question...

Overall CQ's whole philosophy actually is to take the team out of the comfort zone and improve the team with no limit - he is a perfectionist and will certainly look for other plans to make the team even stronger. Even when his team is leading by 6 goals he wants more...

Anyway, as KeonKish said, our playing style is already changing. Just compare the match against Korea in Tehran last WCQ and this time for example. This is because CQ finally managed to build up a squad capable of doing this - which we didn’t have before. In the last WC we lacked confidence against Nigeria and were too tired against Bosnia. However this time we can rotate, just like during the qualification, and our players are much closer to have the necessary physical and psychic qualities to go through crucial matches in a row and play a somewhat more attacking football.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Someone neg repped me for this thread

Comment

Working...
              X