No announcement yet.

CQ : we need 11 friendly games from now till the start of WC 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is disturbing to see so many powerhouses that will most likely NOT be seeded:

Italy, Spain, England, Netherlands (if they make it), Portugal...

That means we will be seeing several groups of death in the WC2018.

I think there might be as many as 4 groups of death, which means 50% chance for TM to end up in such a group.

E.g.:

France
    Italy
    Nigeria
    Iran

In the extremely rare case:

France
    Italy
    URUGUAY
    Iran

On the other hand, the group could get as easy as:

Chile
    Serbia
    Tunisia
    Iran

Comment

Well right now some good teams like Argentina, Netherlands, France are in some trouble for qualifying. Some major european heavyweights might have to play each other in the Euro playoff.

Comment

FIFA Matchdays

28 AUGUST - 05 SEPTEMBER
        Official or Friendly Matches
        (Iran vs. South Korea and Syria)

02 - 10 OCTOBER
        (Iran vs. xxx, Russia vs. Iran 10October)
        --> another match is possible.

good candidates can be:
        02.October can be Iceland in Azadi: They will face Turkey away on 6.October
        02.October can be Belarus in Minsk: Before facing Russia, we can play Belarus away. Belarus facing
        02.October can be Portugal away: Portugal have an easy match vs. Andorra on 7.October before facing Switzerland in final match at home.
        02.Octover can be Czech Rep in Azadi: Czech Rep. will face Azerbaidschan in Baku on 5.Octover. Sad it is 5October. But probably they like to be in Iran for a 2.October match
        02.October can be Wales in Azadi: Wales will face Georgia in away match.
        02.October can be Georgia away: Geogria will face Wales at home.
        02.October can be Poland in Azadi: Poland seems to qualify before this match, probably ready to face Iran before their game in Armenia on 5.October.
        02.October can be Armenia away: Armenia will be out, facing Poland on 5.October at home.
        02.October can be Italy away: Italy will face Macedonia at home on 6.October and Albania on 9.October away. low chance for a friendly this moment.
        02.October can be Cyrpus or Greece away: Cyprus will face Greece on 7. October. probably both are ready to face us on before this match.

05./06. October can be all african teams, as they have ONE qualifier on 02. October, and more ready to face us on 05. or 06. October, possibly in Azadi. Also good idea to play an african side before russia friendly in Russia! (DR Congo, Nigeria, Ivory Coast,.... all top teams or second ranked teams can be a good oponent! We can ask Russia Federation for help for this friendly and venue.

06 - 14 NOVEMBER

01 DECEMBER
        Final Draw for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ (Moscow)

19 - 27 MARCH 2018

End of May till 14 June 2018
        Pre World Cup Friendlies / final preperation) 2 to 4 Friendlies possible.

I think when Carols Querioz said 11 games, he mean Korea Rep. Syria, 3x2 friendlies in fifa match days and 3 games before the world cup.
        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
        -

Comment

France and Argentina will make it , I am sure as they always find a way but Holland may not.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            Well right now some good teams like Argentina, Netherlands, France are in some trouble for qualifying. Some major european heavyweights might have to play each other in the Euro playoff.
            yes we have to wait, but France is for me a world cup top 3 candidate. they are very strong, despite their position and difficulty in the group. also argentina will have to improve and make the qualification. don't worry about this. in my eyes, all top teams will qualify directly. Netherlands probably will be out and spain or italy will face another team and qualify also in playoff. keep in mind, that the playoffs probably bring extra points in the fifa ranking, and improve their position. we have to wait and see what will happen, but a match vs. Russia and another african or european team in october makes sense, and also matches against qualified teams in november without knowing which teams we get in our draw..
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

-

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post

Chile
              Serbia
              Tunisia
              Iran
              I sure hope we get this group then. The other groups look scary af. I don't want possibly our best chance of making the Round of 16 to be ruined by a group of death. Unless we pull a Costa Rica and still make it out of the group.

Comment

E.g.
                France
                Italy
                Nigeria
                Iran

In the extremely rare case:

France
                Italy
                URUGUAY
                Iran

Chile
                Serbia
                Tunisia
                Iran[/QUOTE]
                the last one is a good draw but can we get a dope draw?i hope so , if we get russia also would be good also, since we are playing them a friendly we cab know them wel

Comment

Russia was very weak today against New Zealand.

Comment

As long as we get 3 friendlies about a month prior to the World Cup. That is crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                      Important is that team-melli learn from the past that they must score at the World Cup. They must practice on this part
                      that's the bottom line.
                      You have got to score goals if you want to advance. this is why the combination of Taremi and Sardar are so critical. We need both of them healthy and in form. I have no doubt they will be in form if they're healthy.

the one piece of the puzzle that Carlos must find a way to improve is the central midfield position, where Shojaie plays.
                      we need better than Shojaie if we are going to score goals and we can't advance if we don't score. Not saying shojaie has to go, just that we need more than what he can offer, in order to have a shot at advancing. Unfortunately, we simply don't have a "shish-dong" midfielder that can play that spot. we just don't!

Can Ashkan get healthy and stay healthy and get in top enough form to deliver at WC level? I hope so, but who else can fill that spot?

Comment

Actually me personally wish:

Russia in the opening match and Iran shocking the world and Russia and win the first match. everything have to be perfect, draw, position A2 in the group, first match vs. Russia and a shocking toxic iranian team on fire and stronger physical condition as Russia. That would be amazing to be in the opening match.

On the other hand i live in Germany so i wish to be in the same group as Germany.

For me, a good,( easy) draw, where we can advance could be:

Belgium, Colombia, Portugal or Chile as group head
                        Iceland, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Serbia*,Greece*, Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia**,Montenegro**
                        (DR Congo/Tunisia), (Burkina Faso/South Africa/Senegal), (Egypt/Uganda)
                        with Iran

** lowest FIFA Ranked Teams right now, possibility of qualification in playoffs
                        * Other candidates for lower FIFA Ranked teams

so a good group can be:

Belgium
                        Slovakia
                        South Africa
                        Iran

or

Colombia
                        Irland
                        Burkina Faso
                        Iran
                        sigpic

-

Comment

CQ : we need 11 friendly games from now till the start of WC 2018

I hope we get drawn in the group of death. Only then we can show the world that we are capable of an upset like Costa Rica in 2014. And we play better against world class teams.

Brazil
                          England
                          Germany
                          Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I hope we get drawn in the group of death. Only then we can show the world that we are capable of an upset like Costa Rica in 2014. And we play better against world class teams.
                            Brazil
                            England
                            Germany
                            Iran

That is a super tough alright. But you do realize that Brazil and Germany will never share a group as both will be in Pot A.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPpu2tDLKMA

Comment

Iran vs Australia in March 2018.... IFF negotiating with Aussie FA ! Great news!!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...19-gwu2xd.html

Comment

Working...
                                X