CQ : we need 11 friendly games from now till the start of WC 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
    I actually disagree. We beat many teams with short fast players. We beat teams like Chile who have lots of speed and technique, but can't handle physical play. We did well against Argentina for the same reason. CQ's tactics work best against teams we can physically dominate. We have more trouble with teams that have physical players like Ibrahimovic, Dzeko, and even Korea looks more dangerous against us when they put that giant Kim Shin Wook player in. Whenever we play tall physical teams, we usually struggle more. Although it can partially be attributed to rust from a long layoff, I think our tie against Turkmenistan was for the same reason. Tall, physical players give us trouble. The Alexis Sanchez' of the world suffer against our defensive style.

Ibra was towering over Hosseini and Montazeri. We really need to hope for a group of teams filled with Technical players, not tall physically imposing teams.
    We honestly struggle with both but I think speedy players can really give some of our players trouble. I hope we can get a legit friendly in with an African team like Ivory Coast or Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      I actually disagree. We beat many teams with short fast players. We beat teams like Chile who have lots of speed and technique, but can't handle physical play. We did well against Argentina for the same reason. CQ's tactics work best against teams we can physically dominate. We have more trouble with teams that have physical players like Ibrahimovic, Dzeko, and even Korea looks more dangerous against us when they put that giant Kim Shin Wook player in. Whenever we play tall physical teams, we usually struggle more. Although it can partially be attributed to rust from a long layoff, I think our tie against Turkmenistan was for the same reason. Tall, physical players give us trouble. The Alexis Sanchez' of the world suffer against our defensive style.

Ibra was towering over Hosseini and Montazeri. We really need to hope for a group of teams filled with Technical players, not tall physically imposing teams.
      Fair assesment, and I agree on that. I will change my comment and say that speed + physical power. For example, I believe a team like England or even Nigeria would give us more trouble than Spain or Italy.
      And you're right about the Sweden game, although in that one the ref was basically letting Ibra do whatever he wanted.

Comment

Good teams that would fit CQ's criteria for friendlies:
        1. Iceland
        2. Croatia
        3. Columbia
        4. Serbia
        5. Turkey
        6. Russia
        7. Egypt
        8. Nigeria
        9. Mexico
        10. Honduras
        11. Ukraine/Romania
        12. Uruguay

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
          1. Iceland
          2. Croatia
          3. Columbia
          4. Serbia
          5. Turkey
          6. Russia
          7. Egypt
          8. Nigeria
          9. Mexico
          10. Honduras
          11. Ukraine/Romania
          12. Uruguay
          accurate list. Maybe Colombia is unrealistic, more likely venezuela or ecuador. Like other ppl said, what we really need are teams that play fast football, can bipass our organized pressing and defensive coverage tactics. This will push our guys to the limit. We have mastered frustrating asian teams when we dont have the ball, now we must do the same for more skilled international opponents. The other aspect, is obviously our own speed of ball movement. Hopefully this is assited by our defensive mids ( Karimi and Saeid ) playing consistently in europe this year, but the team in general needs to become more fluid.

We are doing so well, but I worry what will happen in WC if we concede a goal. Our entire game plan will need to be altered. This is why friendlies will be essential.

Comment

My dream World Cup Group:

Holland/Sweden
            Costa Rica/Mexico
            Egypt
            Iran
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

We should see whonisbour group and then book friendlies
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                1. Iceland
                2. Croatia
                3. Columbia
                4. Serbia
                5. Turkey
                6. Russia
                7. Egypt
                8. Nigeria
                9. Mexico
                10. Honduras
                11. Ukraine/Romania
                12. Uruguay
                is good we can add burkina faso also, they are a good team also

Comment

If we want have a beter chance at the World Cup 2018 this time:

Portugal
                  Holland
                  Belgium
                  Engeland
                  Spain
                  Morocco
                  Ghana-Cameroon
                  France
                  Germany
                  Italy
                  Sweden
                  Iceland

Comment

5 against 2nd tier Europe. I'm talking Denmark, Iceland, Serbia, Bosnia, Russia.

2/3 against Africa. Ivory Coast/Nigeria/Algeria/Egypt/Senegal

1/2 against S. America. Venezuela/Peru/Ecuador

Bonus: 1 against a top 15 team.

Regardless of who the top team in our group is (besides Russia) Cq will set us up like we were for Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                      We will be lucky if we get two, one against a gulf team and another against a european club's B team. I am sure dozens will be scheduled and then canceled. I really hope IFF gets its shit together this time.

The good news is that the South Korea and Syria games basically act as friendlies.
                      Say what?
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

US-TM friendly? Could be a possibility, and a good way to ease tensions between the two countries. Not to mention that the Rose Bowl would be PACKED with Green, White, and Red! I'd be there in a heart beat!

Comment

Important is that team-melli learn from the past that they must score at the World Cup. They must practice on this part

Comment

Iran vs Scotland. Please

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                              Important is that team-melli learn from the past that they must score at the World Cup. They must practice on this part
                              CQ won't let them, we barely scored in our WCQ campaign let alone in WC

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                                CQ won't let them, we barely scored in our WCQ campaign let alone in WC
                                I take the current littlescoring-not conceeding-easily progressing tactics 100 times over score-conceed -fail

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X