Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ : we need 11 friendly games from now till the start of WC 2018

Besides the Korea and Syria marches.

He said in an interview with fears news.

That's great if it happens! Almost 1 Team Melli game a month!

Comment

We will be lucky if we get two, one against a gulf team and another against a european club's B team. I am sure dozens will be scheduled and then canceled. I really hope IFF gets its shit together this time.

The good news is that the South Korea and Syria games basically act as friendlies.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
        We will be lucky if we get two, one against a gulf team and another against a european club's B team. I am sure dozens will be scheduled and then canceled. I really hope IFF gets its shit together this time.

The good news is that the South Korea and Syria games basically act as friendlies.
        Well we already have one scheduled with Russia on October 10th in Russia, and with us now having such a solid team and being the first Asian team to qualify teams will come knocking on our door asking us for friendlies for the first time! I'm confident we will get at least 6/7 good friendlies before the world cup.

Comment

This time around the President and all the ministers have committed (on TV) to supporting CQs WC2018 plans , which is great news... I doubt Taj will have a hard time getting help. CQ had an ear to ear smile !

Comment

well we have 3 now, i heard we might play iraq next month is karbala any news on that?we have russia in october we can play a concacaf team in nov since they have to play a asian team, for the playoff, and iran is the best friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
              Well we already have one scheduled with Russia on October 10th in Russia, and with us now having such a solid team and being the first Asian team to qualify teams will come knocking on our door asking us for friendlies for the first time! I'm confident we will get at least 6/7 good friendlies before the world cup.
              i hope so, and if we finish the qualifiers with no lost, and no goal concided, would be a bonus for teams to play us

Comment

We only have 5(?6) FIFA match days in the first place. How do we book 11? Unless half of the matches are B teams?

The one thing I have to say is we need to play teams at a good level that take friendlies seriously. Teams like Brazil, Germany, Argenitna... they don't care about friendlies. They're just money making exercises.
                Mid level European teams, South American team (besides the top 2) and CONCACAF teams would even be a good challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  We only have 5(?6) FIFA match days in the first place. How do we book 11? Unless half of the matches are B teams?
                  The one thing I have to say is we need to play teams at a good level that take friendlies seriously. Teams like Brazil, Germany, Argenitna... they don't care about friendlies. They're just money making exercises.
                  Mid level European teams, South American team (besides the top 2) and CONCACAF teams would even be a good challenge.
                  Catalunya use to play a friendly game against a national team at the end of december. Their team was composed of catalunya Barca stars but it seems recently their players are from smaller spanish clubs (Espanyol, Getafe, etc..)

Comment

Mid level European teams, South American team (besides the top 2) and CONCACAF teams would even be a good challenger nge.
                    6 games during Fifa days and 5 games before WC during TM camp.

I doubt CQ will opt for high flyers i.e. Argentina etc... he will most likely, as he always does, go for teams with similiar style but lower in class. This helps the team to practice game flow rather than being boxed in a corner by stronger team during preparation. But anyway, I may be wrong.
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

we need a strong africana team and a teams like russia, we can get iceland, and croatia, or portugal, and a few south american and i am sure we can get a north or central america team in nov as there is a team which play against asian team in playoff

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        we need a strong africana team and a teams like russia, we can get iceland, and croatia, or portugal, and a few south american and i am sure we can get a north or central america team in nov as there is a team which play against asian team in playoff
                        I think we need a really fast team. One thing that scares me about the world cup is how we handle speed on the edges.
                        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                          I think we need a really fast team. One thing that scares me about the world cup is how we handle speed on the edges.
                          This.
                          Slow technical teams are our specialty. We just absorb the pressure and counter back.
                          The fast teams that can cut through us with speed and quick combination play are very scary.

Comment

This.
                            Slow technical teams are our specialty. We just absorb the pressure and counter back.
                            The fast teams that can cut through us with speed and quick combination play are very scary.
                            I actually disagree. We beat many teams with short fast players. We beat teams like Chile who have lots of speed and technique, but can't handle physical play. We did well against Argentina for the same reason. CQ's tactics work best against teams we can physically dominate. We have more trouble with teams that have physical players like Ibrahimovic, Dzeko, and even Korea looks more dangerous against us when they put that giant Kim Shin Wook player in. Whenever we play tall physical teams, we usually struggle more. Although it can partially be attributed to rust from a long layoff, I think our tie against Turkmenistan was for the same reason. Tall, physical players give us trouble. The Alexis Sanchez' of the world suffer against our defensive style.

Ibra was towering over Hosseini and Montazeri. We really need to hope for a group of teams filled with Technical players, not tall physically imposing teams.

Comment

ibra was also grabbing our players by the neck and shoulders, if it was a WC match I doubt the ref would have been so relaxed.

We perform well against latin american teams.

I think we definitely need a good friendly against an african team, some eastern european teams, and one western european team.
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                              X