No announcement yet.

Hotel bookings for Russia 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right after the draw and venues, i will call here again and ask your for interest to join my idea.

But you must make sure, you want to do it, because when fifa ticket center opens, we must go for TST-3 to TST-7 Tickets for Iran. Everybody please order 4 TST-X Series to make sure we get tickets. Whoever is also close to my place (west germany) can join me, and we discuss all this together at my place. talking about this later..
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

Hotel bookings for Russia 2018

Copied from the Confed Cup thread - useful information regarding Russia 2018.

Originally posted by Homa View Post
      Guys, I have just returned from Russia.
      I have visited Moscow and decided this time for Klainingrad. The Tickets for the Game Russia vs. Portugal has been organized by a friend of mine. Her company is a local sponsor of Fifa and she therefore could organize us the Tickets.
      The First difference compared to the World Cups and Confederation Cups I know (Maybe in 2014 this was already different) was the fact that each spectator has to apply for a so called Fan ID. This Fan-ID is created online with the Passport Details and a picture. I choose to pick up the Fan-ID at one of the Fan-Zones in Moscow. Like always I flew with Aeroflot to Moscow Sheremetyevo (They have for sure the most beautiful Stewardess). As I travel around 10 Times to Russia the Customs has been no Problem. For Visitors of the games, the Russian Federation offers the possibility to enter Russia without Visa. Everything you need is the Fan-ID and the Tickets. If you have an Iranian Passport you can enter Russia without Visa. But be prepared that they will ask you in a very poor English few questions about the reason for your stay.

Specially for Moscow I always would recommend to take the Metro. The Traffic is horrible and comparable to Tehran. Therefore I took the Aeroexpress (Fast-Train which goes from the 3 international Airports Moscow has) to one of the 3 Main Railway stations. The Trip just takes 30 Minutes, compared to the 02:00 hours you would need by Taxi or Car. Price for this was 500 Rubel, something around 8 €. You have Wifi on Board and can relax. From the Belaruskaya Station I took the Green Metro Line to the Pavletskaya Station to Pick up my Fan-ID. If coming to Moscow I recommend everyone to travel via Metro. Their Stations are like little Museums. Absolute amazing. And you save a lot of Time.

What supervised me: In the whole city there was absolute no Football Fever. No big signs, no Public Viewing, no Flags and no Fans with Shirts. It was like a normal busy working day in Moscow. I was the only one running around with the Adidas Russian Fan Shirt.
      After picking up my Fan-ID we stored my Luggage at the Hotel and decided to take the Metro to the Spartak-Stadium. I have visited 2 World Cups and 2 Euros, but never have seen so many Police or Military around the Stadium. They have created 2 Safety Rings around the Stadium with a lot of Police and Guard. Helicopters and Drones have been following everything in the Air. To enter the Stadium you had to Scan your Ticket and the Fan-ID. A Guard was controlling your picture on the Fan-ID. This makes it more difficult to buy and sell tickets, as all your tickets details are recorded on the Fan-ID.

Even at the Stadium you barely could see people dressed with Shirt. The Portugese came like we expect a Football Fan to be, but the Russian has been wearing their casual clothes. Even though there has been a lot of Volunteers trying to raise up the mood of the fans, there was no real atmosphere. You could see that Russia is not a Football Nation.

The Spartak Stadium was looking amazing. An absolute modern and new Arena. Russia played very poor. During the Game they never managed to bring the Fans on their side. For me it was funny to see that the Stadium even could not manage one Laola Wave, as many fans did not know what to do… LOL.
      After the Game we decide to go close to the White House and eat. An even though we have been in the heart of Moscow the only guys we saw with flags and shirts has been us and few Mexicans and guys from Chile. Absolute no Football Atmosphere in the City.
      The next day we flew to Kaliningrad, which will also be one of the Cities hosting World Cup Games. And again I realized that outside the two big Cities Moscow and Sankt Petersburg, there is absolute no infrastructure you know from Europe. Although they are building a new Terminal, the current Airport could not handle two Flights coming on the same time. You had one Baggage Belt for all flights and 4 Check-In Counter which has been next to the Belt.
      The whole City had 4 Hotels with European standard and 3 of them has been booked out. We stood at the 3* IBIS Hotel which is one of the better Hotels in Town. During the World Cup this will be a huge problem.

For those who are planning to travel by car thru Russia: Please have a Look on the Map of Russia. This is a huge Country. From Moscow you need 15 hours one way by car to Kaliningrad, 11 hours to Kazan, 12 hours to Rostov a.D. and 20 hours to Sochi. This is no real option.
      And outside of the cities the Streets do not have the standards you expect and need. Even to Sankt Petersburg you need 7 hours from Moscow. Everything except Airplane (Even Train) is no Option.
      I for myself have decided that I will try to watch one TM Game during the WC. Depending on the Cities I will choose it. Everything is a logistic nightmare.

Comment

I hear reports of anti-Semitism rising in there.
        Also Given the significant gap between the few haves and massive majority of have-nots, I doubt it'd be a safe place.

Maybe next world cup
        Oh wait ... ghater still has it!!

Comment

Damn that's a bummer. I'm hoping to make it this WC and trying to figure out the logistics is going to drive me nuts. Might have to get a travel agent to deal with the BS for me.

Comment

I was under the impression a large train system was being made to connect all WC cities for easy transport ? Bad news if I have to plan to fly to and from every city. That would be a drag. Im hoping we get games in Sochi. I would really like to stay there for closer to a week, it seems like a really beautiful place, Black Sea, mineral baths, nature, etc. Anybody been there before ? Obviously St. Petersburg and Moscow are huge attractions as well.

Comment

Working...
            X