Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel bookings for Russia 2018

Hey guys,

I started planning my trip for Russia 2018 today and I was going through the hotels in different cities via expedia.com to see what's available and to my surprise the hotels in the following cities are currently fully booked for the first 3 world cup group games:

Rostov
    Kaliningrad
    Volgograd
    Saransk - This city has only 4 hotels and I'm guessing fifa has reserved it for the national teams
    Yekaterinburg

Airbnb options are pretty limited too. Now I'm guessing a lot of people must have just made a reservation with free cancellation to just have their rooms in different cities for those dates booked and they will probably cancel them once they know where their teams are playing. Another reason might be that travel agents have booked them in advance.

Honestly I'm just really surprised that how some of these cities are able to host a game that don't even have a lot of hotels available.

So far I've managed to book a room in the following cities:

Moscow
    St Petersburg
    Kazan
    Nizhny Novgorod
    Sochi
    Rostov
    Samara

If you are thinking of going to Russia I would highly suggest you to start booking ASAP. I just booked a few different hotels in each of those cities between June 14th through June 28th with free cancellation and no deposit required. On Dec 1st, I will only keep the cities and dates where Iran will be playing.

What a great problem for us to have
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

A lot of Airbnb hosts don't have their settings on allowing reservations a year in advance. I am sure more options will pop up in the next couple of months.
      I am going to wait till I know Iran's schedule

Comment

we all should start dating russian girls now
        just to make sure to have a stay there lol.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

a lot of hotels wont be advertising rooms more than 9 months in advance...

Comment

If Iran is in Group B - B3 - We get to play in Moscow and Saint Petersburg which would be good for fans as they would get to explore 2 of their major cities.

Game 1 - Saint Petersburg - June 15th
            Game 2 - Moscow - June 20th
            Game 3 - Kaliningrad - June 25th

I've been looking at the other cities and most of them are not developed at all and some of them have barely any hotels. Besides Moscow and St Petersburg, Sochi is the only other city that looks developed due to the winter Olympic they had there.

Comment

I am really excited . Ideally I would like to see moscow, st petersburg, and sochi. Many of the groups have at least 1-2 games in sochi.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                I am really excited . Ideally I would like to see moscow, st petersburg, and sochi. Many of the groups have at least 1-2 games in sochi.
                Each stadium is going to host 4 games of the group stage. Moscow has 2 stadiums so they will host 8 games in total.

Comment

Outside of Moscow or St. Petersburg, you really need to majorly lower your expectations. Just go back to the 2014 Russian olympics and the horror people had with hotel accommodations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8b833c54ea55
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                    Outside of Moscow or St. Petersburg, you really need to majorly lower your expectations. Just go back to the 2014 Russian olympics and the horror people had with hotel accommodations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8b833c54ea55
                    I agree. However I was able to actually find a decent hotel in Sochi which is 5 min away from the stadium. Radisson Blu Paradise Resort & Spa. $170/night for 5 star hotel is pretty good.

Now check out this hotel "AZIMUT Hotel" a 3 star hotel in Nizhniy Novgorod. $1500/night for this

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
                      I agree. However I was able to actually find a decent hotel in Sochi which is 5 min away from the stadium. Radisson Blu Paradise Resort & Spa. $170/night for 5 star hotel is pretty good.

Now check out this hotel "AZIMUT Hotel" a 3 star hotel in Nizhniy Novgorod. $1500/night for this

first off, the star ratings varies from country to country. 5 star in Vegas gives you a mansion and all the luxuries in the world. A 5 star in europe gives you running water :-) (JK)

I am shocked at the $1500/night price for a 3 star hotel. This is unbelievable. And breakfast is not included: Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge. Goes to show there is a lot of corruption money.
                      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

^^ common, you must've clicked on Olga and Oksana king bed special..

Last edited by Mr.Click; 06-14-2017, 10:34 PM.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

lets hope we are not in Moscow.
                          As someone who has been there for work, I can tell you anything decent there is ridiculously expensive

Comment

Originally posted by MrAmir View Post
                            lets hope we are not in Moscow.
                            As someone who has been there for work, I can tell you anything decent there is ridiculously expensive
                            I was there in 2007 and 2008 and it's probably the most expensive city that I've ever visited. Much more expensive than Zurich, Tokyo, London, New York or Dubai.

Comment

Bacheha, i have (for my view) a great idea, but i do not know, how possible it is and what your thoughts are. My idea is following:

I live in Germany, so people from Germany, or neighbor countries, specially Netherlands, Belgium, France, England are welcomed to join my trip idea.

I am looking for minimum 3 to 5 other friends and fans, which are ready to make a trip with an caravan like this: http://www.caravan-kuhfuss.com or similar to this.

We can rent an caravan all together, and we make the trip from West Germany (my position) to Russia.

First i am waiting for the draw and the venues where Iran will play. this is important.
                              But actually i like the idea of 14 or more days with caravan. On our trip we can and will stop in Berlin, Warschau, Kaliningrad, Minsk, St. Petersburg, Moscow and other venues (Iranian match venues).

My only hope is still that the venues are next to each other, normally this is ofter the case. Would be perfect around Moscow. (neighbourgh world cup venues.

So if you are interested in joining my idea and program, we can share costs, and we have our caravan and hotel in 1 (2 in 1) and we can also share our Russian girls, all together rum ham rafteeee berim rushun......and we can make some money, we take some (Iranian) fans with us, and take all costs...iranian taxi style

World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X